Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

28 minutes ago, jameskoole said:

I'm 100% sure my little webapp wasn't a problem. I got the same error from my desktop, on a VPN and from the server. And as mentioned above, things seem to be fixed. I saw Transee on Twitter talking to the TTC about it as well.

Yes the XML feeds that every single app uses were blocked during that time.

10 hours ago, 7575 said:

Removing someone who blew cigarette smoke in the bus. I asked him to leave and he slapped my arm.

Some time last year I had  Sunday  and Monday as my off days. So first Tuesday of that board period I picked up a woman who was smoking and she took one last drag right before getting on the bus. Of course she exhales the smoke as she's walking past me. Next day same thing happened. So I called her out on it and told her I will not be picked her up next day if she's smoking. Next day comes and I pull up to that stop and there she is with a cigarette in her mouth. I just looked at her and shook my head and left. Friday comes and I'm coming up to that stop and she's still smoking a cigarette, so I just keep going without stopping.  I don't know what happened on Monday, but on Tuesday she didn't have a cigarette in her mouth as I pulled up. So I opened the door and she gets on and says that she's sorry for blowing smoke on me and that she gets my point. I was expecting to get yelled at or something but she was actually nice about it. 

11 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Some time last year I had  Sunday  and Monday as my off days. So first Tuesday of that board period I picked up a woman who was smoking and she took one last drag right before getting on the bus. Of course she exhales the smoke as she's walking past me. Next day same thing happened. So I called her out on it and told her I will not be picked her up next day if she's smoking. Next day comes and I pull up to that stop and there she is with a cigarette in her mouth. I just looked at her and shook my head and left. Friday comes and I'm coming up to that stop and she's still smoking a cigarette, so I just keep going without stopping.  I don't know what happened on Monday, but on Tuesday she didn't have a cigarette in her mouth as I pulled up. So I opened the door and she gets on and says that she's sorry for blowing smoke on me and that she gets my point. I was expecting to get yelled at or something but she was actually nice about it. 

Prick,  image.thumb.png.123639da468f78fd275e6fc7572cf7a4.png

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Sunday and Monday are my days off. Let's just say I won't be transporting this guy for a while.

1 hour ago, Someguy3071 said:

Larry_getting_tossed.gif

Mood...

Anyone know the latest update / news for Line 6 construction and Line 2 extension?

I see both are approved but what are they waiting for before putting the shovels in the ground; money? Line 6 has some utility relocations done so far and I'm not sure what started in the Line 2 extension physically.

3 minutes ago, Orion V said:

Anyone know the latest update / news for Line 6 construction and Line 2 extension?

I see both are approved but what are they waiting for before putting the shovels in the ground; money? Line 6 has some utility relocations done so far and I'm not sure what started in the Line 2 extension physically.

Sorry for the lack of Info, i'm in kind of a time crunch right now. This website has some PDFs and news about the Line 2 Extension: http://www.scarboroughsubwayextension.ca/index.html

8 minutes ago, Orion V said:

I assume by Line 6 you mean the Finch West LRT? Construction started last fall with utility relocation. Check out the project page on Metrolinx's website.

The Scarborough Subway Extension has a bunch of funding attached to it from various levels of government (including a dedicated property tax levy), but the detailed design work has not been completed yet. This needs to be done to come up with a final cost (and therefore how much extra funding is needed), before a construction tender can be issued.

• Confused 2

Line 2 extension is waiting for the design to be completed, to the point they can tender construction.

Line 6 (Finch West) is much further advanced, the whole thing is awareded, and the contractor is already doing preconstruction. About three weeks ago Metrolinx tweeted:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

The Ford administration recently released this conceptual drawing:

2BD21844-812F-4406-80BB-360E87BD741F.thumb.jpeg.c3d54f48c4e037789f2a01695564bcf5.jpeg

Obviously in light of their stance on carbon taxation, there have been some slight revisions.

I love the GWR super wide gauge.  Now if such a thing were to be built here by the Ford administration, I'd happily vote conservative in the next election!

58 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

I love the GWR super wide gauge.  Now if such a thing were to be built here by the Ford administration, I'd happily vote conservative in the next election!

Yeah that 7 foot gauge should just accomodate Ford if he's willing to hold his breath and stand sideways.

1 hour ago, Downsview 108 said:

Yeah that 7 foot gauge should just accomodate Ford if he's willing to hold his breath and stand sideways.

Hold his breath and forego all that lovely coal smoke sooty goodness?

In all seriousness, London Underground ran a steam train through the subway a bunch of times including the section in Bus Medic's picture back in 2013 for the 150th anniversary of the Metropolitan Line's opening.  The TTC's 100th anniversary is coming up in a couple of years, not that far off, are any plans being made?  The 80th anniversary was good with the parade of streetcars but they didn't do much beyond the commemorative Metropass for the 90th.  Hopefully the 100th will be appropriately celebrated in some way.

• Haha 1