Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

2 hours ago, MK78 said:

Interesting, was this even on the more recent 2017-2018 Nova's? I don't recall the numbers, but they were ones out of Eglinton. This was last year, not this year, so perhaps the update you mention was applied.

They re flashed all of them.

22 hours ago, nfitz said:

That's not my experience; but I invariably seem to be on very new ones.

Is it possible they've rectified this?

There are no vents in the extreme back of the bus, nothing has changed.

1 hour ago, Ontario_Transit said:

7575 on Route 75

8181 on Route 81

These would probably never happen, at least not with the current bus garage allocations.

7575 is a birchmount bus, and 75 is a wilson route. 8181 is a wilson bus, and 81 is a birchmount route.  

7 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

These would probably never happen, at least not with the current bus garage allocations.

7575 is a birchmount bus, and 75 is a wilson route. 8181 is a wilson bus, and 81 is a birchmount route.  

Exactly, I'm wondering what you might actually see out on a run (like my totally unexpected sighting). Obviously if you ignore that, 7878 could be on St Andrews (assuming it's not retired, haven't checked), 7979 could be on Scarlett, etc.

55 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Too bad 1414 is at Wilson while all the units close to that number is at MtD.

I forgot to think of the hybrids! ?  Well, there are all the 3100-up buses coming in, too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blue said:

but seriously have we seen 86xx on 86 scarborough?

Nope, never! Don't let the propaganda fool you - the LFS is not a real bus, just an illusion conjured up by the TTC to trick riders into thinking the fleet is more modern than it really is. :ph34r:

Vive le Orion VII!

• Haha 5

Is it just me, or have a heck of a lot of chimes on T1's and Flexitys been essentially muted? They're either very very faint or non-existent. I know I'm not going deaf because the TR chimes are still the same. On the Flexitys, this includes the stop request chime on the affected cars.

5 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

Is it just me, or have a heck of a lot of chimes on T1's and Flexitys been essentially muted? They're either very very faint or non-existent. I know I'm not going deaf because the TR chimes are still the same. On the Flexitys, this includes the stop request chime on the affected cars.

The stop chime on the flexities is different; now it’s a small beep that’s hard to hear with ongoing passenger convos.

15 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

Is it just me, or have a heck of a lot of chimes on T1's and Flexitys been essentially muted? They're either very very faint or non-existent.

Nope it's not just you, it's to the point where the pressure release when the T1's are about to depart are louder than the chimes. Now I usually listen for the pressure sound as a gauge of how much time I have to board a train. We've gone from the chimes being deafening loud when they first did the updates, to almost non-existent.