Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

1 hour ago, Vbao Lu said:

If one Malvern hybrid breaks down, then the next vehicle availability will be dispatched. It can be an artic or a regular 40ft.

It would be a 40ft. Only the 53E, 85 and 129 gets artics from Malvern. There's no sign that they would send an artic for shuttle buses yet.

3 hours ago, Vbao Lu said:

If one Malvern hybrid breaks down, then the next vehicle availability will be dispatched. It can be an artic or a regular 40ft.

Actually  it depends how much time left.  Let say if the bus is schedule to run another half an hour, then no changeoff will be provided.

3 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Actually  it depends how much time left.  Let say if the bus is schedule to run another half an hour, then no changeoff will be provided.

It doesn't make sense to provide a changeoff if the run is on the last trip. By the time the bus gets there, the op is probably suppose to be done.

It sucks for infrequent routes and single bus operated routes. In Wilson's case, we might see an artic on routes like the 78 and 82 cause they send a Dufferin bus in it's place instead of getting another bus all the way from Wilson garage.

7 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Yeah, sees like the only one yesterday night.

None of them go out on Sundays. Tracker shows they are all at Queensway.

It's nice to see Arrow and MtD make use of their artics on weekends. Malvern didn't send any.

Actually 7339 made it onto the shuttle this evening.

53 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Duh! He drives buses for a living and you don't. Please don't call yourself an expert. You're not and you don't want other members here to grill you again.

Get off your high horse. Whether you knew better than him or not, there was no need for the condescending attitude here.

• Like 2

Even if its the last run, TTC is still obligated to provide a changeoff most likely off another route. Even in subways, if the last train brakes down shuttle buses are provided. I've been there done that. The most important run is the last run. I remember  a few years ago a bus broke down on Pape the last run off the night, they ended up getting a bus off Don mills even though it was 15-20 min late. I still remember the bus 7798 that broke down.

• Like 1

I am assuming the bus that broke down isn't the last bus for that particular route. 

13 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

Even if its the last run, TTC is still obligated to provide a changeoff most likely off another route. Even in subways, if the last train brakes down shuttle buses are provided. I've been there done that. The most important run is the last run. I remember  a few years ago a bus broke down on Pape the last run off the night, they ended up getting a bus off Don mills even though it was 15-20 min late. I still remember the bus 7798 that broke down.

a bus from 72 broke down?  Interesting. I never know it can be done as per regulations.

14 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

That's a bit of a different scenario than a bus about to run into the garage in the middle of the day, though.

With that last bus of the day, people are waiting and relying on it. If it a bus that breaks down at 6pm when it runs in at 7, unless it's also doing the last runs of that route, there's going to be another bus along in a couple of minutes to take them. Yes, it's a hardship, but they're not leaving them out in the cold.

Dan

7 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I am assuming the bus that broke down isn't the last bus for that particular route. 

a bus from 72 broke down?  Interesting. I never know it can be done as per regulations.

Oh ok, I miss understood. I'm talking about the last run of the night, and the bus broke down, TTC will get a bus asap to make the last run in revenue service. If the bus is on its last run in the middle of the day, then it may not be as important as the last run of the night.

When 7798 broke down and got a bus off of Don Mills, I assume they treated it as a shuttle but for another bus route. Its not that uncommon, unless they change the rules?

7 hours ago, smallspy said:

That's a bit of a different scenario than a bus about to run into the garage in the middle of the day, though.

With that last bus of the day, people are waiting and relying on it. If it a bus that breaks down at 6pm when it runs in at 7, unless it's also doing the last runs of that route, there's going to be another bus along in a couple of minutes to take them. Yes, it's a hardship, but they're not leaving them out in the cold.

Dan

That's right. I miss understood the last run for the last trip of the night or service.

2 hours ago, 21 Brimley said:

See edited post. The logo Derek drew is not real though.

There shouldn't have been an edited post had you fully read the article. Also it is Anton Mwewa who created the redesigned logo, not the writer at blogTO.

17 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

Theres a bunch of ex summer students at 19 that are full time collectors now. The youngest as mentioned before is 19 years old.

I was told collectors are people who were injured while on the job or they have a health issue so they're not fit to operate a vehicle. Is or was this ever true?