Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

Has there been a software upgrade to the performance of the TR? I've heard some motor whining noises i haven't heard before during acceleration and deceleration..

unless i'm on something and going senile...

I noticed that as well but figured it could be that the track profile changed when they did the track repair.

So the contact noise with the rail could be the noise it makes?

I noticed that as well but figured it could be that the track profile changed when they did the track repair.

So the contact noise with the rail could be the noise it makes?

could be... we won't know for certain unless someone has the actual answer.

Went by Mt. Dennis today on the UP Express and noticed that the large number of RTS's stored on the field are now gone except for 1.

Is the TTC usually slow in providing updated schedules to NextBus?

The new board period started yesterday, and NextBus still displays the old October schedules.

As I am typing this, there are only 2 cars in service on 509 Harbourfront according to NextBus. That doesn't seem right.

Of course, if NextBus can't identify some of the vehicles on the street as having valid run numbers, it won't track them.

Is the TTC usually slow in providing updated schedules to NextBus?

The new board period started yesterday, and NextBus still displays the old October schedules.

As I am typing this, there are only 2 cars in service on 509 Harbourfront according to NextBus. That doesn't seem right.

Of course, if NextBus can't identify some of the vehicles on the street as having valid run numbers, it won't track them.

Blame TTC. They are the one who updates the schedule and assigned special holidays. NextBus won't know what to track unless TTC tell them.

Blame TTC. They are the one who updates the schedule and assigned special holidays. NextBus won't know what to track unless TTC tell them.

Blame NextBus. The schedules are all showing up current in the City Open Data - http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=96f236899e02b210VgnVCM1000003dd60f89RCRD - looks like they were generated on November 13.

If NextBus hasn't uploaded it yet ...

Though I'm not convinced there isn't a data different issue going on ... are other routes seeing issues?

Blame NextBus. The schedules are all showing up current in the City Open Data - http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=96f236899e02b210VgnVCM1000003dd60f89RCRD - looks like they were generated on November 13.

If NextBus hasn't uploaded it yet ...

Though I'm not convinced there isn't a data different issue going on ... are other routes seeing issues?

I don't think a private company would give its customer trouble than TTC screwing up. The 335 night bus don't exist even after 6 weeks. Even if it was NextBus' fault, TTC should have followed up.

Through I don't know whos job is to convert the data into XMLs that becomes the data feed for all the apps. Although I think it would be a server where the customer (ttc) would just upload the files to the server beforehand and when the day comes, it would activate. Unless there is a bug in their software it would have swap to the new schedule. I don't think NextBus would have an employee do this manually.It doesn't makes sense in 2015 for a software firm.

There are a few changes. The first is 12 streetcars are scheduled to run oon the 509/510 having run numbers from 50 to (guessing) 61?. The old schedule only have 50-57 so 4 runs wouldn't show up.

The 96/165 has a redone schedule for 10 minute network, those runs won't show up.

The 335 is probably added now.

And whatever would run changes.

I have the September and November open data files, but not October. 335 is in November but not in September (started in October I assume). Would be interesting to see if 335 was in the October data.

Still, if NextBus were to suck in the November data, then 335 would then appear, and presumably these problems would vanish.

Edit - oh wait a minute. There are 127,896 unique trips (subway, bus, streetcar) in the September data set, but only 101,302 in the November data set.

This smells of a TTC error.

In terms of vehicle tracking, some certainly are: only 7 cars are being tracked on the 509 at the moment, even though 10 are scheduled:

http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=vehicleLocations&a=ttc&r=509

In terms of schedules, none of the November schedules have been uploaded yet, so they all are out of date.

For ex. Route 127: http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=schedule&a=ttc&r=127

There are a few changes. The first is 12 streetcars are scheduled to run oon the 509/510 having run numbers from 50 to (guessing) 61?. The old schedule only have 50-57 so 4 runs wouldn't show up.

Wrong!

For the October board, the 10 Flexity runs on 510 Spadina were numbered 50 to 59, seven days a week. The 2 Flexity runs on 509 Harbourfront were labelled 56 and 57 on weekdays and 50 and 51 on weekends and holidays.

I don't know what arrangement they have in place for this board, but the 10 low-floor runs on 510 Spadina (i.e. 50 to 59) all seem to show up fine.

It is the runs on 509 Harbourfront that are missing (although those too showed up yesterday).

Wrong!

For the October board, the 10 Flexity runs on 510 Spadina were numbered 50 to 59, seven days a week. The 2 Flexity runs on 509 Harbourfront were labelled 56 and 57 on weekdays and 50 and 51 on weekends and holidays.

I don't know what arrangement they have in place for this board, but the 10 low-floor runs on 510 Spadina (i.e. 50 to 59) all seem to show up fine.

It is the runs on 509 Harbourfront that are missing (although those too showed up yesterday).

WRONG! Only a few routes are outdated not like all the schedules.TTC doesn't change every schedule every board, only those that need to be changed. They also don't change the whole schedule either. Just fix the period they intend to change. Unless it's a complete rewrite, something like the 127 would be valid till the periods that previously don't have service which makes it 20% outdated, not the whole thing.

Clearly weekend and weekdays have different run numbers. Those run number changed that's why they don't show up. I don't remember if they did go up to the 60s so I put a question mark on it.

WRONG! Only a few routes are outdated not like all the schedules.TTC doesn't change every schedule every board, only those that need to be changed. They also don't change the whole schedule either. Just fix the period they intend to change. Unless it's a complete rewrite, something like the 127 would be valid till the periods that previously don't have service which makes it 20% outdated, not the whole thing.

Of course they don't change all the schedules. However, the provide a different data set to Nextbus for every board period, even for the routes whose schedules are unchanged. At the moment, none of the November schedules are up on Nextbus. That's what I meant when I said that all schedules are out of date. Of course, vehicle tracking on Nextbus will be unaffected if there is no difference between the old and the new data sets

Clearly weekend and weekdays have different run numbers. Those run number changed that's why they don't show up. I don't remember if they did go up to the 60s so I put a question mark on it.

You haven't read my previous message carefully. You have stated that...

The old schedule only have 50-57 so 4 runs wouldn't show up.

That is simply wrong!

They had 10 runs (50-59) on 510 every day and 2 runs on 509 (56,57 on weekdays and 50, 51 on weekends). Look it up yourself:

http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=schedule&a=ttc&r=510

http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=schedule&a=ttc&r=509

I was enjoying the mild evening outside the transfer station (aka garbage facility) on Ingram Drive. Over the noise of trucks on the tipping floor, I hear a muffled rumble and think "that sounds like a 7900". Sure enough a non-hybrid OG VII goes by on the 59 Maple Leaf route.

OMG, I'm thinking of a previously prolific poster who "liked the ROAR" of these buses! :blink: What is happening??

I was enjoying the mild evening outside the transfer station (aka garbage facility) on Ingram Drive. Over the noise of trucks on the tipping floor, I hear a muffled rumble and think "that sounds like a 7900". Sure enough a non-hybrid OG VII goes by on the 59 Maple Leaf route.

OMG, I'm thinking of a previously prolific poster who "liked the ROAR" of these buses! :blink: What is happening??

7978 is on the 109 according to Transsee

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Topic: How to eliminate a transit stop.

Example: Victoria Street (both directions) 505 - DUNDAS

I would have thought that the following would occur, much as did the removal of Sunday Stops

+ sign placed indicating stop would be eliminated on Tuesday November 24th

+ sign updated on Tuesday November 24th to indicate "stop has permanently been removed"

+ in streetcar announcement for Victoria Street would cease as of November 24th

+ as of November 24th all streetcar drivers would no longer stop at Victoria Street to board or unboard

What actually happened:

- stop sign was removed early Tuesday Nov 24

- in streetcar announcements continued

- some drivers announced that stop was gone

- some drivers continue to stop at Victoria

Thoughts?

Topic: How to eliminate a transit stop.

Example: Victoria Street (both directions) 505 - DUNDAS

I would have thought that the following would occur, much as did the removal of Sunday Stops

+ sign placed indicating stop would be eliminated on Tuesday November 24th

+ sign updated on Tuesday November 24th to indicate "stop has permanently been removed"

+ in streetcar announcement for Victoria Street would cease as of November 24th

+ as of November 24th all streetcar drivers would no longer stop at Victoria Street to board or unboard

What actually happened:

- stop sign was removed early Tuesday Nov 24

- in streetcar announcements continued

- some drivers announced that stop was gone

- some drivers continue to stop at Victoria

Thoughts?

Typical TTC. Bet some drivers don't know the stop is gone. The stop announcement needs to be updated on every car. That's not priority given all the other stuff they have to do.

Typical TTC. Bet some drivers don't know the stop is gone. The stop announcement needs to be updated on every car. That's not priority given all the other stuff they have to do.

If every driver was to avoid stops where the sign had mysteriously vanished, a lot of people would get upset!

If every driver was to avoid stops where the sign had mysteriously vanished, a lot of people would get upset!

Streetcars are not supposed to stop at non stops. People should be aware that the stop is being taken out. Too bad.

What I notice is there isn't any signs saying the stop is gone. They have signs go up on Finch West saying the stop has been removed.

Streetcars are not supposed to stop at non stops. People should be aware that the stop is being taken out. Too bad.

What I notice is there isn't any signs saying the stop is gone. They have signs go up on Finch West saying the stop has been removed.

There were signs, but they lasted a good hour before people ripped them down. Same for the stops on Bathurst.