Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

There is one 8200 unit that makes a do-re-mi-fa-so-ra-shi-do when it takes off from a stop.

I think it's something to do with the turbo or transmission.

Anyone else know what i'm referring to?

Its 8165

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

http://www.ttc.ca/News/2015/August/0814_emergency_repairs.jsp

This is very ridiculous that they are announcing this closure like the day before the closure..

I know this is emergency, but looks like TTC doesn't care about their valuable customers.

You gotta be bleeping me...

And they excluded a word "We apologize for the inconvenience"... looks like they won't apologize -_-

So I spoke to a friend at the TTC.

You know when the TTC found out about this from Hydro? Thursday afternoon at 5pm. It's not like they had a ton of warning earlier.

Out of the four with the external speaker, three are currently on 7 or 11 (says Transsee).

What I'm saying is TTC always have trouble keeping the correct bus on the correct route.

There are still 40' on the 7,29,36 and CLRVs on the 501. Hopefully the rewritten 36 schedule in September will actually allow all midday 36A runs operate with artics.

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/Line_2_Kipling_to_Jane.jsp

TTC says that Line 2 will be closed between Kipling and Jane on August 22 and 23...

I'm happy that they are announcing this like a week before...

but I'm not happy that they don't have any clear reason of the closure..

I have to say TTC must be clear about the reason of any scheduled closure or construction.

The TTC will always give out advance notice for any weekend subway closures.

In the case of last Sunday, someone screwed up and the customers were affected by it, albeit for only a few hours.

In the case of last Sunday, someone screwed up and the customers were affected by it, albeit for only a few hours.

They were done by like 11am.

We all need to just accept that track work is a regular thing now. They avoided it during the Pan Am games. TTC will start lining up more weekend shutdowns. They will be a lot to complain in the year of 2016.

TTC did improve of their shuttle bus operation but it is still frustrating that we often see a large number of buses lined up approaching an intersection just to reach the stop. It would be much better off that they run multiple service including express between point A and B. Sometimes half the travel time is spent queuing to the stop.

For a shut down like Kipling to Jane, they could consider running an express bus stopping only at Kipling, Islington and Jane as those have higher ridership. It avoids having the whole bus waiting in line at Royal York and Old Mill. This is more chaotic downtown when a fully packed bus from Queen or Dundas have to approach Wellesley and College. With the amount of customer reps out there, they can organize multiple lines with large signage.

What I'm saying is TTC always have trouble keeping the correct bus on the correct route.

There are still 40' on the 7,29,36 and CLRVs on the 501. Hopefully the rewritten 36 schedule in September will actually allow all midday 36A runs operate with artics.

when there is a bus shortage such as articulated buses, should you cancel a run because of it or send a 40 foot bus out. Some buses fail the pre-trip inspections, mechanics will give you whatever is available nearby. So who cares.

You're right. Transsee says 8350 is on 105 and 9050 on 29 :lol:

This is a good thing. Maybe I can check them out if they're on the 169.

when there is a bus shortage such as articulated buses, should you cancel a run because of it or send a 40 foot bus out. Some buses fail the pre-trip inspections, mechanics will give you whatever is available nearby. So who cares.

Are all buses given a quick check-up by a mechanic before they leave the garage?

The operators are the one that do a full circle check as required by law. Usually the mechanixs let us take one ofd the busstop s from the repair pit which usually the best bus you will ever going to get. Hate to piss off the mechanics but once in a while the bus they give us failed the pre trip inspection. It is extremely slim such as the fare box is not working properly.

I know they are giving advance notice for the closure.. but the problem is that they have to be clear about why are they closing it..

For this week's closure, there are no detail about the reason of the closure -_-

I know they are giving advance notice for the closure.. but the problem is that they have to be clear about why are they closing it..

For this week's closure, there are no detail about the reason of the closure -_-

Obviously, it's work that the TTC feels has to be completed as there is simply not enough time overnight for the work to be done.

If you seriously want to know what specifically is being done, give customer service a shout or ask any of the station supervisors involved in the subway closure this weekend.

Obviously, it's work that the TTC feels has to be completed as there is simply not enough time overnight for the work to be done.

If you seriously want to know what specifically is being done, give customer service a shout or ask any of the station supervisors involved in the subway closure this weekend.

They bring announcing track maintenance over the PA the whole week. Probably a switch or a section of track. They haven't done a lot of closures in the west end. People on line 1 would be more annoyed. They are closing a section of the spadina line next next weekend. 2+ week notice :D

The supervisors at Kipling probably knows.

Track work from what I heard.

Also the only H1s I see now are RT-66 coupled to a flatcar, and RT44 & RT43. So just 3 left. The rest are just H4s and other work cars. If anyone sees anymore H1s let me know.

One of them is ex 5334 I believe. I'll double check when I get up close to them again.

Also the only H1s I see now are RT-66 coupled to a flatcar, and RT44 & RT43. So just 3 left. The rest are just H4s and other work cars. If anyone sees anymore H1s let me know.

One of them is ex 5334 I believe. I'll double check when I get up close to them again.

RT-66 has long since been replaced with an H4/flatcar combo.

The third H1 workcar that remains is one half of RT-14/15.

RT-66 has long since been replaced with an H4/flatcar combo.

The third H1 workcar that remains is one half of RT-14/15.

Well I saw a pair today which was RT 43/44. I know there's one at Davisville paired with a Flatcar, but I'll get the number of that by the end of the week.