Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

Add 8033 to that as well. All seats are new but no blue and new black doors so probably just had a rebuild.

I know this has probably been answered before but out of curiosity, does anyone know why the doors don't get painted after a bus is rebuilt?

not often. Orion V sometimes make an appearance on the 10 Van Horne.

The three buses that are on the 169 during PM rush are all all-day runs; it is fairly rare for an Orion V to make it onto one of those runs because of that.

As for the 10, both buses in the AM and all three in the PM are rush-hour only runs, and (at least for the PM) are fairly commonly run by Orion Vs. I've seen many days where all 3 buses on the 10 were Vs.

I've only seen Orion VII's on 169 so I was very surprised to see it appear at Scarborough Centre. I did think it was a 7000 bus at first, but then I saw the 9... :(

Well, after what you two said, if I ever happen to see another 9400 on that route I'll try to be happy. If I'm lucky again.

BTW are the 9400's all retiring at once after the Pan Am games or will it be a few at a time like the 7000's? And sorry if this has already been answered.

I've noticed many of the hybrids at Arrow have this continuous clicking sound right behind the drivers seat, almost like the clicking sound of a pen, louder than the turn signals. What causes this sound and don't operators find it irritating?

I've noticed many of the hybrids at Arrow have this continuous clicking sound right behind the drivers seat, almost like the clicking sound of a pen, louder than the turn signals. What causes this sound and don't operators find it irritating?

It's the booster heater module, clicking means it's not working, lots of hybrids click.

The TTC's website lists the 4 buses on the 12 that leave Neil McNeil high school as express buses. Does anyone know if they actually run express up to vic park station? or do they make all stops?

they are school runs only, they deadhead from the garage to the school, running west on KR, south on Bingham, east on Bracken and north on VP, they pick up students at the school and run express to the station. Once at the station they become a 67, 24 or two and maybe a 12, not sure. Most buses are signed Chartered, Special, Funeral, Fedex, you name it. Once in a blue moon one will sign 12E Express but very rarely. Buses in one form or another have been doing this for run for 40+ years. They re all jam crammed stuffed from the school. No one ever tried to get on because they load far from civilization

they are school runs only, they deadhead from the garage to the school, running west on KR, south on Bingham, east on Bracken and north on VP, they pick up students at the school and run express to the station. Once at the station they become a 67, 24 or two and maybe a 12, not sure. Most buses are signed Chartered, Special, Funeral, Fedex, you name it. Once in a blue moon one will sign 12E Express but very rarely. Buses in one form or another have been doing this for run for 40+ years. They re all jam crammed stuffed from the school. No one ever tried to get on because they load far from civilization

Same story with the 112E

Same story with the 112E

The 32 that picks up from Michael Powers are signed 32D that does local. Taken it once. By Islington that bus is near empty.

It really depends on the demand. Many students go to the subway, so they run an express bus otherwise they'll run a local one.

Eglinton does not have a run that service Neil Mcneil High school nor have I heard a birchmount bus turns into a Pharmacy 67 bus.

OK what do they turn into then? They all seem to unload and become a "Victoria Park Stn bus" of some sort. They all come from Birchmount Gar.

They all service the high school at 'no-cost' because they are coming out of the garage anyways to VP stn for the afternoon rush

(years ago used to turn into 67B's)

Thanks for the help!

The 32 that picks up from Michael Powers are signed 32D that does local. Taken it once. By Islington that bus is near empty.

It really depends on the demand. Many students go to the subway, so they run an express bus otherwise they'll run a local one.

Same with 32s that service MM HS on Bathurst become D's.

OK what do they turn into then? They all seem to unload and become a "Victoria Park Stn bus" of some sort. They all come from Birchmount Gar.

They all service the high school at 'no-cost' because they are coming out of the garage anyways to VP stn for the afternoon rush

(years ago used to turn into 67B's)

they can go to other stations. 86 Scarborough 47 run picks up kids at Carter Neuman iirc does a one way trip from that school to Warden. Once it is out of service, it has to deadhead to Kennedy to start 86E.

they can go to other stations. 86 Scarborough 47 run picks up kids at Carter Neuman iirc does a one way trip from that school to Warden. Once it is out of service, it has to deadhead to Kennedy to start 86E.

OK but what does Warden and/or Kennedy that have to do with Birchmount buses going to VP?

What other buses kinda go off route like those 32s to start? Did an 89 run that starts north of Albion at St.Basil's. The 48 Power run.....112E....others?

A couple from St. Basil the Great of Weston Rd and Starview Ln; 84, 89 and 165, I don't believe the 36 does that school run anymore, that run use to be always get an rts

The 46 has an express from Martingrove CI to Kipling station that turns into the 191 along with 2 other trippers. A 45E tripper (starts SB at Martin Grove/Finch, goes back up NB to as 46 Steeles, deadheads to Kipling loop and becomes 45E) and 191 tripper (Starts at Martingrove CI, runs to Steeles then 191). That Queensway bus shows up on the 46 @ Kipling Stn around 3:20pm.

Talking about trippers, that ttc/nextbus has put the school trips back into the schedule and they should be trackable now. I think they were there at the beginning but then the TTC took them out for whatever reason so school trips can't be tracked until very recently.

----------------------------------

Another topic: I notice that the 97 to Steeles is very messed up. Now they have 97 to Steeles, 97B to Steeles, 97C to Steeles and 97F to Steeles. When the watermain construction was done, they were reverted back into the old branches and 97 was renamed 97F. So much for reducing confusion. It's like the old days where there were multiple branches going to the same destination.

The 45/45A situation has gotten better. The 45A exposure is used more often now but the 45 to Steeles is still used. Operators also continue to use 34C even through that was eliminated in Jan 2014. The 36A exposure haven't been used yet and that was renamed at the same time as 45A. The MTD artics on the 41 was never reprogrammed so they still have the pre-system-wide-letters thus displays 41 instead of 41A to Steeles. Next up is 29A for Dufferin at the end of the month.