Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

Exactly, and why there is the 97 bus to service those stops. A subway shuttle is exactly what it is, a temporary replacement of the subway. Why anyone would think they are entitled or required to stop anywhere else except the subway stations unless specifically instructed to do otherwise, is mind boggling.

Mind boggling seems to be a bit of a stretch.

I've never used the replacement bus service - always easier to do something else. What do the automated next stop announcements say when the bus is rolling down Yonge Street?

With the headways matched on the 95/95C.. it's possible these would be interlined.

If Wilson, Malvern continue to split the route, would be interested to see whether the Wilson extras make it out onto the express branch.

Wilson does have at least one run on 95E during each peak period right now so I wouldn't be surprised if an interline occurs. It's much easier for buses starting at York Mills Station to deadhead 5-10 minutes form Wilson than 30 or so minutes from Malvern.

What do the automated next stop announcements say when the bus is rolling down Yonge Street?

There is a mode on the AA system that announces subway stops only for the shuttle buses but it either doesn't work properly or drivers don't bother to set it to that, resulting in the bus announcing every local stop with some drivers either pausing it or talking over it.

What division(s) operate the subway shuttles?

All divisions have crews which are assigned to shuttle service. Expect to see a mixed bag of low floors out there; any high floors are a bonus.

What division(s) operate the subway shuttles?

All divisions have crews which are assigned to shuttle service. Expect to see a mixed bag of low floors out there; any high floors are a bonus.

To add on, the occasional weekend subway shuttle is built into the normal schedules, and every run is basically overtime. As such, they more or less pull buses and operators from any division with those to spare. Often it works out to be a somewhat equal split between all 7 bus divisions, so anything (and often almost everything) can appear on shuttles.

Smaller shuttles (for example, Wilson to Downsview) requiring only half a dozen buses or so are usually run out of one or two divisions, usually the closest ones to the shuttle. Large shuttles like the one this weekend will need buses from every division.

Can anyone answer why Queensway got Bathurst? Relief point at Bathurst station? Does make sense.

Mount Dennis lost Junction and Vaughan.

Setting things up for the artics I assume........

What thats Weird

Can anyone answer why Queensway got Bathurst? Relief point at Bathurst station? Does make sense.

Mount Dennis lost Junction and Vaughan.

Setting things up for the artics I assume........

May i ask were you got this info from?

It's all true, the route stuff anyway. Queensway is sharing the 511 with Wilson. The 40 is headed to Queensway and the 90 is headed to Wilson starting September 1st.

These changes were requested by the Bus Maintenance Department likely because Mount Dennis was over stretched. The artics won't be arriving anytime soon so I doubt that is the reasoning behind it.

It's all true, the route stuff anyway. Queensway is sharing the 511 with Wilson. The 40 is headed to Queensway and the 90 is headed to Wilson starting September 1st.

These changes were requested by the Bus Maintenance Department likely because Mount Dennis was over stretched. The artics won't be arriving anytime soon so I doubt that is the reasoning behind it.

The 7 not the 511 I think you mean......these changes may only be temporarily.

The 7 not the 511 I think you mean......these changes may only be temporarily.

No, I think he means the 511. Apparently, there's going to be some construction at the bottom of the 511 which will mean bustitution service on the 511.

No, I think he means the 511. Apparently, there's going to be some construction at the bottom of the 511 which will mean bustitution service on the 511.

Watermain work from roughly Bloor St to Queen St. There will be lane restrictions during the day preventing the TTC from running streetcars along Bathurst. The work will also affect 512, all AM extras will have to stay up on on St Clair until the evening when lane restrictions are cleared and streetcars are able to deadhead down Bathurst back to Roncesvalles.

The front of the streetcar isn't even in focus, the effect is cool if done right but that ain't it. The short turn flap is definitely a detractor also, bad PR.

Like having a bus on the cover with a big "Out of Service" sign, or photos circulating of a mayor hanging out with drug dealers and criminals. ;)

when will the H6's be officially retired? Is there a set date?

I'm not sure why people ask these questions. In most cases, there's no "The last H6 will be retired on November 8th 2014". And even when a date is set (usually done for publicity purposes very very close to that date, like with the fishbowls, H4's & H5's last run), things can often push it forward or back, like problems with a supplier, or components and processes involved in the assembly. As far as we know they haven't even tested the TR's on the B-D yet, so who knows the extend of changes to the tunnels, track, station platforms, trains, etc that may or may not be needed to be done.