Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

How come they dont interline 20/57?

It's not a bad idea since the frequency are the same assuming there is no traffic or miscellaneous events. The way i see it, if something does happen out there, the other route would get royally screwed.

I was about to post something about restoring the 317 Spadina Blue Night route, and it was discussed fairly recently...

The 317, if restored, looks likely to be a bus, and probably be Spadina Station to Union Station - I may consider suggesting that the 316 Ossington get extended to Union Station at the same time, breaking the interlining between the 316 Ossington and 329 Dufferin.

I'd keep 316 with the 329. As for the 317 Spadina I wouldn't place my bets in seeing it active again.

How come they dont interline 20/57?

20 and 57 are 2 different routes with 2 different frequencies (Minus certain times on weekends). There is no benefit in interlining these 2 routes. One will suffer with slower frequencies. Plus 20 is interlined with 62 at Main Stn in the Late Evenings.

This is a little weird.. but how come theres no steeles west blue night?

A good deal of Steeles west of Keele is industrial and I guess there haven't been any requests for service. They did look at providing some sort of service to York U, but I'm not sure why they didn't follow through with it. I think it probably had to do with requiring an extra bus to provide the service either as a stand-alone route or as an extension of another route (353 or maybe 329 - via Wilson and Keele).

A good deal of Steeles west of Keele is industrial and I guess there haven't been any requests for service. They did look at providing some sort of service to York U, but I'm not sure why they didn't follow through with it. I think it probably had to do with requiring an extra bus to provide the service either as a stand-alone route or as an extension of another route (353 or maybe 329 - via Wilson and Keele).

There was a report on the status of Blue Night Services that came out in January 2006 - this was the one that suggested 352, 353, 354 and 385. Its main purpose was mainly to bring Blue Night service to a 15 minute walk from any point in the city. The 4 routes it suggested came into operation on September 2006.

A 360 was proposed (and like you said Gil, running between Yonge and York University) but IIRC it did not meet the minimum required ridership they estimated. Oddly enough I don't remember the 352 passing the ridership test, but they implemented it (along with the 329 extension north to Wilson Station).

Speaking of the 59, can anyone tell me how the branches on the route work? I have been looking at it for the past 6 years and still can't figure out which directions the different branches turn on.

59A: Via Gary/Oak

59B: Via Church

Buses going westbound on the A branch (via Gary/Oak) will loop counter-clockwise and return on the B branch.

Likewise, westbound buses on the B branch (via Church) will loop clockwise and return on the A branch.

Basically, the A branch is to signify any bus operating on Gary/Oak this trip, and the B branch to signify any bus operating on Church this trip.

As for the C branch... this operates all off-peak service. Buses in both directions go via Benton/Culford and then do the same looping procedure as above. I'm not 100% sure if all off-peak buses are signed as C or A/B going WB and C going EB.

As for the C branch... this operates all off-peak service. Buses in both directions go via Benton/Culford and then do the same looping procedure as above. I'm not 100% sure if all off-peak buses are signed as C or A/B going WB and C going EB.

They are signed 59C both ways. There are two signs: "59C via Benton/Culford and Church" and "59C via Benton/Culford and Gary Dr" for westbound buses and "59C via Church and Benton/Culford" and "59C via Gary Dr and Benton/Culford"

Can someone confirm that the 28 davisville doesn't run at all times? I'm not sure if the website is glitching around.

The info on the website looks fine. The 28 DAVISVILLE does indeed only run during rush hours.

Just wondering, unless someone already brought this up. What is the usually route that the CLRV for "On The Rocket" on CP24 takes, I know that it is Queen west at one point, and then probably Spadina, but what is the whole route.

Just wondering, unless someone already brought this up. What is the usually route that the CLRV for "On The Rocket" on CP24 takes, I know that it is Queen west at one point, and then probably Spadina, but what is the whole route.

The main routing is WB on Queen, NB on Spadina, EB on College, SB on Church back to Queen. It repeats this loop as many times as needed during the length of the episode.

It is a rush hour route only as the 11 Bayview route covers most of the same route

The main reason 28 is a different route number and not a branch of 11 is because it doesn't really serve Bayview (only as part of its looping), and just exists to provide extra service on Davisville. Otherwise IIRC it interlines during both rush hours with the 11.

I have a question about the T1 brake pads. I recall that when they were first delivered they did have bit if a sequel to them, but recently it has gotten worse. It is because they changed the type of brake pads that they are using?

Also a lot of the cars on the Bloor line look as if they haven't been washed in weeks. Is their wash track not working?

I don't think this has been asked before. :blink:

Since they opted to apply the Hybrid Electric stickers on 1116 after so many months of blank, I am wondering if they're going to take that ugly hybrid cover of 1062 and use the regular smooth one like the rest? Now I know removing that cover is a heck more work than applying a sticker but it just got me wondering...

I saw 1062 a few days ago on 42A for the first time with my own eyes and noticed how ugly that cover is!

I don't think this has been asked before. :blink:

Since they opted to apply the Hybrid Electric stickers on 1116 after so many months of blank, I am wondering if they're going to take that ugly hybrid cover of 1062 and use the regular smooth one like the rest? Now I know removing that cover is a heck more work than applying a sticker but it just got me wondering...

I saw 1062 a few days ago on 42A for the first time with my own eyes and noticed how ugly that cover is!

IIRC since it was the prototype, more than just the cover are different. It will probably be converted to the production style tub and cover before the conversion program ends.

Speaking of washing, do the Cloor-Danforth Trains get the same frequency of washing as the Y-U-S ones? I've noticed since the winter ended the trains on the Y-U-S have been washed very well, no dirt rubbed off on my fingers when i tested, you could see the difference, windows without hard water stains, and the look a lot brighter.

Yet the the B-D Line ones are pitch black, almost like the two lines were run by different companies...

I was looking at an old picture on Transit Toronto of an Orion VI on display with "12C to Kennedy Station" on its sign. Anyone have any info on this 12C branch? The 12C branch I know of was the 12C that ran from Victoria Park Station to Kingston & Lawrence.