Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

I think it is 7065. Looking at other peoples photos of 7000s I found that 7063 is BM8 346 and 7066 is BM8 348. I've noticed that the licence plates are somewhat kept in order of fleet number so I'm pretty sure its 7065.

Thanks. The license plate numbers on that series are not posted on the roster page.

yea thats the enterance

Are you referring to the automatic entrance at the west end of the bus platform level?

The crash gate was installed and staffed by a collector because the automatic disabled entrance was broken. The sliding doors were left in the open position for over a month (looking at the sticker... May 8th... by RSEM maintenance person 52601). I called this in to customer service three weeks ago... and thankfully they responded with the crash gate collector... to remove the opportunity for fare evasion.

One has to wonder what the problem is: are there no parts available to fix this.... or is there a staff shortage to do the work?

Must be pretty serious if they can justify the cost of a crash gate collector for this purpose.

Both sides of Yonge are curved. As is St. Clair southbound.

Those are the only ones that I can think of.

Dan

Also, the west end of Broadview is curved. At the west end of Main Street, the platform is slightly curved as well but not as much as Broadview.

Are you referring to the automatic entrance at the west end of the bus platform level?

The crash gate was installed and staffed by a collector because the automatic disabled entrance was broken. The sliding doors were left in the open position for over a month (looking at the sticker... May 8th... by RSEM maintenance person 52601). I called this in to customer service three weeks ago... and thankfully they responded with the crash gate collector... to remove the opportunity for fare evasion.

One has to wonder what the problem is: are there no parts available to fix this.... or is there a staff shortage to do the work?

Must be pretty serious if they can justify the cost of a crash gate collector for this purpose.

I miss that door, it has the coolest sound when opening and closiong, I used to use it all the time, with my cnib metropass, ( you cant safely take a guide dog through the automatic entrances except the wheelchair ones)

no parts, is what I was told a few weeks ago, I called up 3030 and ripped them a new strip when I found out it had not been fixed, and why was it taking so long to get it fixed, it is a importent entrance to the system for the disabled community..

Can anyone clarify the routings of the buses in and around Sherway Gardens?

I know that the 15 Evans bus does a clockwise loop via Evans, West Mall, and the mall roadways. I also know that the 80 Queensway does the reverse looping of this. But I have always wondered about the 123 Shorncliffe Bus, as I had assumed that with there being 2 sides to the "bus terminal" (if you can even call it that), that southbound would stop on one side, and northbound the other. However, according to the TTC website, all 123 branches go through the mall clockwise, matching the routing of the 15 Evans bus.

Can anyone clarify this situation? I've only ever rode the 80 into the mall, and I won't be in the area for a while. I'm working on a "project" that requires this information, which is why I'm asking for details and not being patient.

Also, I know that there is a "bus bay" in the eastbound direction at the "terminal", but is there also one in the westbound direction? All I can remember with the area is that there's the crosswalk, it's usually pretty busy with pedestrians and riders, the south side for the longest time had temporary walls put up for the new development to the south (not sure if this is still going on) and that if a bus breaks down in the EB "bus bay" you're S.O.L. for serving the stop in the bay, and will have to opt for the platform on the main roadway.

I know that the 15 Evans bus does a clockwise loop via Evans, West Mall, and the mall roadways. I also know that the 80 Queensway does the reverse looping of this. But I have always wondered about the 123 Shorncliffe Bus, as I had assumed that with there being 2 sides to the "bus terminal" (if you can even call it that), that southbound would stop on one side, and northbound the other. However, according to the TTC website, all 123 branches go through the mall clockwise, matching the routing of the 15 Evans bus.

Can anyone clarify this situation? I've only ever rode the 80 into the mall, and I won't be in the area for a while. I'm working on a "project" that requires this information, which is why I'm asking for details and not being patient.

Also, I know that there is a "bus bay" in the eastbound direction at the "terminal", but is there also one in the westbound direction? All I can remember with the area is that there's the crosswalk, it's usually pretty busy with pedestrians and riders, the south side for the longest time had temporary walls put up for the new development to the south (not sure if this is still going on) and that if a bus breaks down in the EB "bus bay" you're S.O.L. for serving the stop in the bay, and will have to opt for the platform on the main roadway.

IIRC there is there's two bus bays side by side with 2 routes on each bay (123EB & 15) in the northern bay and (80 & 123WB). Then 123WB turns right onto Evans and 123EB turns left.

80 and MT 4 go counterclockwise while 15 and 123 (both directions) goes clockwise. There are separate stops for 123 to Lake Shore and 123 to Kipling.

Also, I know that there is a "bus bay" in the eastbound direction at the "terminal", but is there also one in the westbound direction?

There is one on both sides of the roadway.

All I know is there's two bus bays side my side with 2 routes on each bay (123EB & 15) in the northern bay and (80 & 123WB). Then 123WB turns right onto Evans and 123EB turns left.

I remember only 80 using the north (westbound) side the last time I was there.

I think I'm going to make my own trip down there in the coming days since I'm curious.

It's been a while since I was last at Sherway on a southbound 123, but I remember it specifically going around the "loop" clockwise. This may have been due to construction on Evans though - which certainly dates it.

All northbounds, regardless of the routing, travel through the "loop" clockwise - meaning that 123C trips "loop the loop", so to speak.

Dan

if you consider this dashed-line as the NORTH SIDE then follow along...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<<- 80 Queensway - 80 to Keele Station ..... this is the stop closest to Sherway Gardens

<<<<- 4 Applewood/Sherway (on sherway gdns rd) (Miss.Trans)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--- --- --- --- Sherway Gardens Road --- --- --- ---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

15 Evans - 15 to Royal York Station ->>> (on sherway gdns rd)

123, C Shorncliffe - 123, C to Long Branch ->>> , 123, A, C Shorncliffe - to Kipling Station (123 via East Mall, 123A,C via North Queen) ->>>

(these two 123 stops are right up against the condo development and it's marketing billboards, whatever you call them)

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|----------------------- Sherway Condos -------------------------|

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

We'll consider....

<<<< WEST MALL ON THE LEFT SIDE of your screen......... and Sherway Gate (TOYS R US) to be the right end of your screen, folks >>>>

......................................................... <<123 entering sherway, 123A leaving sherway, 123C entering sherway / leaving sherway after entering,

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- <<15 entering sherway

--- --- --- Evans Avenue --- --- ----- --- ---

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

......................................................... 80 & MT 4 entering sherway >>

I hope that diagram was good enough despite my limitations here, lol.

Detailed:

*15 goes westbound on Evans to West Mall and makes a right onto West Mall, northbound.

North on West Mall, makes a right onto South Gate (need varification), makes another right onto Sherway Gardens Road (a.k.a Ring Road) where then it's eastbound.

Pulls in to the on-street island stop. (still eastbound..)

Takes off eastbound on S.Gdns to Sherway gate, makes a right turn southbound

waits on the light to turn left back onto Evans.

*80 and Mississauga's #4 comes down West Mall from Queensway, turns left onto eastbound Evans, left turn at Sherway Gate, left turn at Sherway Gdns Road and pulls in wesbound to the stops directly south of the south entrance to Sherway Gardens.

The 80 has the stop closest to the mall and uses a side lane

The 4 uses an island stop where it is technically on the road, but not in the way of through traffic.

*123 via East Mall & Brown's Line (both directions)

the 123 branch comes westbound on Evans, makes a bunch of right turns.

makes its first right onto West Mall northbound from Evans westbound.

second right from West Mall to South Gate

third right onto Sherway Gardens Road eastbound into the stop on a side lane, similar to the 80, but on the opposite side. The LBranch stop is the west stop of the two.

As it pulls out, it continues eastbound on Sherway Gdns RD, makes a fourth right onto southbound Sherway Gate, then makes its only left onto eastbound Evans

*123A via North Queen

south on West Mall, east on South Gate, east on Sherway Gardens Road, serves the Kipling Station Stop on the east stop of the two curb stop

becomes a northbound to kipling station bus

pulls out eastbound on sherway gdns rd, turns right onto Sherway Gate southbound, turns right onto westbound evans

turns right onto northbound West Mall

*123C going to kipling station via North Queen

comes from westbound Evans, northbound West Mall, east on South gate and Sherway Gdns Road. pulls into the curbside stop, the east of the two.

pulls out vis Sherway Gdns Road, makes three rights, south onto Sherway Gate, west on Evans and north on West Mall

*123C to Long branch

comes from southbound West Mall, turns left onto South Gate eastbound, east on Sherway Gdns Road, into the curbside stop (the west of the two stops)

pulls out the exact same way as 15 & 123 does, just to Sherway Gate south to Evans, turns left onto Evans eastbound.

I could be wrong, i'm not researching it's exact routing cuz' mississauga always does some whack routing. But its route 4 may go into Sherway Trillium Health Centre.

If it doesn't, then I was right.

I'm tired, i'm done typin'.

Question to ttcmech or anyone who knows (continuation from the VII delivery list).

I noticed another change in the 1700s are interior lights at the door side at the front. The pre-1700s have the first light as light brown that is dim but become bright when front door is opened while the other lights are bright white. The 1700s seem to have the first light off and the next two lights as dim light brown. When the front door is opened, the first off light is turned bright white while the others all remain the same. What was the reason for this change? Was it too much glare at night for drivers and they also wanted the front area brighter when the front door is opened?

Pertaining to the above question, are they going to reconfig the rest of the fleet to this type of lighting setup?

It would be nice if TTC had lights that woud be dim whle in motion like MTs Orion 97XX. Especially at night in the Orion VII NG. Sometimes its too bright.

Would be possible to easily retrofit the buses with the light that could Dim?

Also what is TTC planning on doing with the Old bus loop at King & Parliment. The 72A and 65 use to loop there.

The TTC is going to do nothing with the Parliament Loop- they traded it to the City in exchange for the Green P parking lot on Broadview north of Queen.

As for the City, well that's a good question.

Dan

Sorry for asking so many questions. If TTC did decide to get trolley buses, would they get federal assist just like th hybrids? To Buy the buses and start to build a garage and whatnot?

Thanks!

The TTC is going to do nothing with the Parliament Loop- they traded it to the City in exchange for the Green P parking lot on Broadview north of Queen.

As for the City, well that's a good question.

Dan

Thanks. What is TTC going to do with the Broadview location?

Any idea when TTC will replace their IIs for community service and what possible models they'll be buying to replace them?

Is that model (forgot the name) replacing the current ELFs be able to be used on community service because it is bigger than the ELF?

Any idea when TTC will replace their IIs for community service and what possible models they'll be buying to replace them?

Is that model (forgot the name) replacing the current ELFs be able to be used on community service because it is bigger than the ELF?

It would be difficult to use the Friendly buses on Community bus routes since they need fare boxes and in the Friendly buses, like the ELFs, the driver sits in front of the doors so if they were to use them then they would always be having to turn around as passengers board.