Ville de Mont-Tremblant

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Hi everyone,

Was looking on Steve M's website and found a photo of a Mont-Tremblant 2008 Novabus and noticed it is noted as "Ex-Translink, BC".

Does anyone have a photo showing the right side and the rear of this bus? Here is the photo I am referring to:

http://stevestransitsite.fotopic.net/p57142552.html

I have a picture of the right side and rear as well. I can upload them in this thread later on tonight. The driver of the bus told me that it was part of the Translink order, but Mont-Tremblant bought it. The bus is built 100% to Translink specs, but I didn't get any interior shots unfortunatly.

I have a picture of the right side and rear as well. I can upload them in this thread later on tonight. The driver of the bus told me that it was part of the Translink order, but Mont-Tremblant bought it. The bus is built 100% to Translink specs, but I didn't get any interior shots unfortunatly.

Ok cool I look forward to seeing those pics. But for one thing though, the bus may have been 100% built to Translink specs, but I can see there have been a few modifications done. Look at the first isle facing seats on the left side. The ones that would fold up. As well, I would believe that the bus was built to Vancouver specs, but would not have been part of the actual translink order. Anyways, until later.....!

Ok cool I look forward to seeing those pics. But for one thing though, the bus may have been 100% built to Translink specs, but I can see there have been a few modifications done. Look at the first isle facing seats on the left side. The ones that would fold up. As well, I would believe that the bus was built to Vancouver specs, but would not have been part of the actual translink order. Anyways, until later.....!

It was an add on to the Translink order.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks! EDIT: another member reminded me of something, and I agree with him that more than likely this bus was originally a demo before they got it.

Here you go Peter:

Interesting! Thanks for posting those! So are there any other Transit Systems with the double width rear doors besides CMBC / Translink and Mont-Tremblant? Those ditch lights or whatever are neat too!

Just to straighten out a couple of errors here...

It was NOT part of the Translink order, technically. That particular bus was actually a demo, built in late 2006 (long before Translink's actual order went into production) and though it spent some time in Vancouver, it never ran in service and I don't believe it was ever actually owned by Translink. It disappeared quite a while before the production order began to arrive, and at one point in turned up in Halifax where it ran in service.

See this thread for more details. Also worth noting: it is not 100% built to Translink specs - look at the taillights, the ones on the Mont-Tremblant bus are the same as it was when it ran in Vancouver and Halifax, but these lights aren't the same as the ones on the production order. That other thread has links to pics to show the difference.

So, Steve, you might want to make a few changes to your website captions - the bus is a 2006, not a 2008, and though it's built mostly to Translink specs it is an ex-demo, rather than an actual ex-Translink bus.

Just to straighten out a couple of errors here...

It was NOT part of the Translink order, technically. That particular bus was actually a demo, built in late 2006 (long before Translink's actual order went into production) and though it spent some time in Vancouver, it never ran in service and I don't believe it was ever actually owned by Translink. It disappeared quite a while before the production order began to arrive, and at one point in turned up in Halifax where it ran in service.

See this thread for more details. Also worth noting: it is not 100% built to Translink specs - look at the taillights, the ones on the Mont-Tremblant bus are the same as it was when it ran in Vancouver and Halifax, but these lights aren't the same as the ones on the production order. That other thread has links to pics to show the difference.

So, Steve, you might want to make a few changes to your website captions - the bus is a 2006, not a 2008, and though it's built mostly to Translink specs it is an ex-demo, rather than an actual ex-Translink bus.

Thanks for the corrections..

• 2 months later...

When to Mont-Tremblant today with a little trip to the Galland garage in Saint-Jovite and this is what I saw parked outside:

711 a 94 Nova classic is now retired and gutted for parts

716 a 94 Nova classic

718 a 1985 GM Classic is great shape with freshly painted white rims!

719 a 1989 MCI Classic ex-Santa Monica

721 a 1991 Orion I ex-Rouyn Noranda

780 a 2008 Nova LFS in service on the orange line

No sign of the other 2 Orion I's :P There was no shuttle service in the Mont-Tremblant village yet. I was told that it starts next week. As for the 2nd Mont-Tremblant transit route, the green line, that starts tomorrow morning and runs until August IIRC.. The other LFS, the no number one, must be the one that's been spotted in Montreal for the last month or so doing training runs downtown.

What kind of destination signs do these buses use?

The 2 LFS's have their Axion display's set to either show Line Orange or Line Verte. The ex-Santa Monica Classic I don;t know if they use the luminator, but I believe they just put a pancarte in the window indecating the route either orange or green. As for all the other buses, they are Mont-Tremblant village shuttle buses and just have a big pancarte in the window that says Navette/Shuttle.

• 4 weeks later...

Dave and I found ex-STM MCI Classic 11-000 now renumbered 724 in Mont-Tremblant yesterday and we have pics! The bus is in white livery and looks not too bad! I only have exterior pics but I was able to look inside that it was ex-STM. I don't remember the fleet number though. :blink:

Proof:

Scratchitti on rear windows

Yellow priority stickers inside

9-1-1 sign

Interior is the same but there are no Montreal fleet numbers inside

Dave and I found ex-STM MCI Classic 11-000 now renumbered 724 in Mont-Tremblant yesterday and we have pics! The bus is in white livery and looks not too bad! I only have exterior pics but I was able to look inside that it was ex-STM. I don't remember the fleet number though. :blink:

It's ex-STM 11-048

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but this LFS is now numbered 770, see: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/alex0o1/0new0/picture_254.png

Alexander Ly :angry:

The only thing I see in your pic is a big blurry thing going by in the distance... There are 2 LFS's in Mont-Tremblant that looks exactly the same. One is #770 and the other has no number.

The only thing I see in your pic is a big blurry thing going by in the distance... There are 2 LFS's in Mont-Tremblant that looks exactly the same. One is #770 and the other has no number.

Wrong... The other one is 780 , the one in Alex's photo is the ex-TransLink demo because you can see it has the 1/3 - 2/3 front door, and 780 doesn't.

Whatever the numbers are its irrelevant to me.. I couldn't care less about if one has no numbers or is #770, 780 or whatever other number you want to think of... I only enjoy what the Mont-Tremblant shuttle operates and not the city of Mont-Tremblant (except for the backup ex-Santa Monica classic ;) )

• 1 month later...