Sunshine Coach

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Very funny. Can you provide at date and location.....Mr. Fire Expert :P

ROTFLMAO!! Be nice People!! Anyways, I found it in that condition yesterday. I am not sure when it happened though. I am sure the last time I saw that bus, it was still in operable condition. Now if I could only remember when the last time I saw it was. At least in the last few months anyways!

• 1 year later...

Apparently Sunshine Coach may have lost a couple more of their coaches due to fire, but it may have been their own coaches as they do work on other companies coaches from time to time including Diversified coaches.

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2011/01/calga...-burning-buses/

If anyone finds any more info or articles on this, please feel free to post them here as I did not come across any more info.

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

Went down to the Sunshine Coach yard today to see the two burned buses. The good news is, one of the ones that burned was already retired after a fire a couple of years ago. It's just a hundreds times worse than before. That would be this coach: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?act=attach&a...st&id=12912 . This coach, http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=I..._Coach_2262.jpg , which was repainted a couple of years ago from the livery to a grey based scheme that is shown in that image is also now toast.

• 2 years later...

It appears that Sunshine has resurrected the MC-9 over the past couple of months. It has been seen out and a bout a couple of times now and every time I stop by their yard, I found the coach parked in a different spot. This one is an ex-Greyhound MCI MC-9 from the 700 series, but I forget which one off hand without checking the Wiki. I think 759?
100213-3092sunshine-mc9.jpg

• 3 months later...

I wondered who's coach that was! Saw one just like that parked by their yard a couple of weeks ago but it was plain white so I wasn't sure if it was part of their fleet or not as I have seen other company coaches parked there in the past. Not all their coaches have visible fleet numbers on them, I have noticed this in the past. It is very nice to see that they added a livery of some sort on it as well. Looks nice! Here are my photos of the same coach taken on May 21, 2013. Note that it has the same plate, so this confirms that this is the same coach. I have been checking their yard quite often since that day and never saw it again, so I sort of decided it may not have been there's. Very nice find and thanks for sharing these.
210513-5758sunshine.jpg210513-5759sunshine.jpg210513-5764sunshine.jpg

You welcome! Thanks for sharing your photos as well! I agree that the livery definitely makes the coach looks nice, but what would be even nicer is to remove that black bumper into a white one at the back.

Also, I noticed that they added a piece of the clear plastic on the driver's side of the front panel (the divider between the driver's area and the passengers) even though this was removed and switched to having a handle on the newer models, which is interesting.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2013 at 2:17 PM, Prevost said:

You welcome! Thanks for sharing your photos as well! I agree that the livery definitely makes the coach looks nice, but what would be even nicer is to remove that black bumper into a white one at the back.

And now I finally got some photos of it with the new livery. Also, I noticed some former fleet numbers of 5656. I am still trying to determine if this coach is the same coach as this one - http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=File:Sunshine_Coach_9212.jpg . But I don't seem to have a good enough photo to see if I can see those former fleet numbers of 5656 on this recapped coach.

Edit: After a more thorough comparison of these two above mentioned coaches, I believe they are not the same coach at all when looking at the radiator grill on the left side rear of the coach.
280713-8465sunshine5656.jpg280713-8466sunshine5656.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...