The Coho Ferry - Victoria BC to Port Angeles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm agreeing with Peter here. I heard the sounds and they're friction between wood and steel.

Jon

...And I agree, too! This is harmless to both dock and ferryboat. I start to like this ferry very much, starting by the name... :)

I'll send then a graphite drawing I'm doing right it right this evening!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Black ball ferry has 30 years lease for the Victoria Dock and three ten year options to lease the dock which is good thing. But Black Ball has no plan yet to retire the M/V Coho for 20 to 40 yrs:

Burles said the company, which runs a ferry between Victoria and Port Angeles, can start to consider its aging vessel. “We understand the [MV Coho] has got 20 to 40 years left, but we now have certainty on our leases and we have the challenge to look at maybe finding another vessel, a new one or a used one,” Burles said. “If we can grow the business, we don’t want to stand pat. We want to be better and grow.”

- See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/business/60-year-deal-on-belleville-wharves-ottawa-urged-to-help-fund-gateway-1.2097427#sthash.vXYmHD1a.dpuf

She could last until she is 80 to 100 years old which are is old for ferries.

• 4 weeks later...

Im not sure how easy it would be to find another ship. Maybe an ex BCF? who knows. I wonder if the Nanaimo or Burnaby is an option however I think the Burnaby is in pretty bad shape compared to Nanaimo.

I don't think that this is possible because of Victoria Harbour and the Naniamo or Burnaby don't have side loading at the bow of vessel.

By the way, I believe the Naniamo is in better shape compared to the Burnaby.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...