mtltransitguy

Société de transport de Montréal

17 hours ago, MTL66 said:

The statement they made about the buses was for the users. Anyone here knows what is really going on. 39-148 was ready for delivery at Nova Bus when I passed by on Sunday. Problem is, there is no room left in the garages until St-Denis reopens. Where the remainder of the 39 series is parked is a good question, because I doubt Nova would store the buses in St-Eustache for months.

Has it been officially confirmed that the 2019 fleet number range is 39-001 to 39-150?

45 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Has it been officially confirmed that the 2019 fleet number range is 39-001 to 39-150?

Yes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

Not sure if this was already pointed out before, but BYD aims to have the four electric buses delivered for December 2019 (originally was supposed to be delivered for January 2019):

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2019/10/04/montreal-et-longueuil-des-bus-de-chine-livres-en-retard

I was going to forget these four... I can not wait to see the exterior design, interior layout and livery. So different for the STM.

With STM getting four BYD electric buses and some presumably electric New Flyers, will the three electric LFS buses still be around or will STM store/retire them?

7 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

With STM getting four BYD electric buses and some presumably electric New Flyers, will the three electric LFS buses still be around or will STM store/retire them?

4 midibus from BYD (in Spring 2020)

30 XE40 from New Flyer (end of 2019 or beginning of 2020, not sure)

3 new LFSe for the 36 (not sure when)

The goal is to test what is the best option (long or quick charge) for the STM before going all electric.

• Like 2

The 3 2016 LFSe buses do not belong to the STM. They are here on a trial basis and will be returned at the end of the tests.

17 hours ago, MTL66 said:

The 3 2016 LFSe buses do not belong to the STM. They are here on a trial basis and will be returned at the end of the tests.

Are they going to buy them after December?

4 buses is not enough for only electric operation. New buses are also described as "additional buses".

8 hours ago, FelixINX said:

Are they going to buy them after December?

4 buses is not enough for only electric operation. New buses are also described as "additional buses".

No idea if they plan on purchasing the buses or if Nova Bus will provide 3 new buses to replace these. The tests were being done in partnership with Nova Bus and Volvo to test the fast charging option for transit. If my calculations are correct, the 36 operates 4 buses at peak periods and 3 buses outside the peak periods. So by that logic, 4 buses with no back up is possible but unlikely. The XDE40s coming to the STM will be operated out of Stinson, so they will most likly be put on St-Laurent routes like the 128 or anything out of CV Metro. I don't see them sending buses downtown to operate on the 36, then again it is the STM, logic is not always followed in that company.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

According to metrodemonteal.com

40-901 (New Flyer XE40) has arrived at Stinson. 

STL XE40 was also in Stinson yesterday. I hope this is not a confusion!

• Like 1