Jump to content
mtltransitguy

Société de transport de Montréal

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, FelixINX said:

Nice to know! With the new schedule, will the STM updates the destination sign to add new routes such as 35, 81 and 968?

Yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I'll be in Montreal overnight in October from the 15-16 if anyone wants to get together to transit fan I'd love to get together shoot me a message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Routes starting August 27th.

35 Griffintown

Terminal Points will be Place Des Arts Station and Place St-Henri Station. Route will travel from PSH east via Notre-Dame, essentially doubling the 36 but deviate into Griffintown via De La Montagne towards Wellington, then north via McGill to Square Victoria to continue North via Robert-Bourassa and east to PDA via President Kennedy.

No changes to existing routes from what I can determine.

81 St-Jean Baptiste

Terminal Point will be Roussin Community Centre (Prince-Albert/St-Jean Baptiste) and Ecole Secondaire Jean-Grou (Rodolphe-Forget/Gouin). Route will travel north on St-Jean Baptiste, East on Henri-Bourassa, North via Armand Chaput to serve the Prison and compagnies in area, West to Gare Riviere Des Prairies and continue along Maurice Duplessis and turn north on Rodolph Forget doubling the 48.

With the creation of this route modifications to routes 40, 86, and 183 were made.

40 Henri-Bourassa Est

***No offical plans were provided, info via a driver who showed me his carjour for the september list, basing route of check points on carjour.***

40 gets a complete overhaul of its route. New terminal point for the eastern portion at Gare Pointe-Aux-Trembles. Route will travel east via Sherbrooke to Carrefour de la Pointe, enter the Pointe-Aux-Trembles Industrial Park and then travel North via St-Jean-Baptiste to Henri-Bourassa and continue along its current route. Service eliminated on Henri-Bourassa between Sherbrooke and 40th Avenue and along Metropolitain Service Road between Henri-Bourassa and St-Jean-Baptiste.

86 Pointe-Aux-Trembles

86 retains most of its route. Changes to the Western Terminal point. The western terminal will be at 58e Avenue/Gouin, the old terminal point for route 183. New portion will have route continue North on Riviere-Des-Prairies Boulevard to new terminal eliminating the portion along Maurice Duplessis between RDP and 71st Avenue, replaced by Route 81.

183 Gouin Est

***No offical plans were provided, info via a driver who showed me his carjour for the september list, basing route of check points on carjour.***

183 gets a partial overhaul and route is drastically shortned. 183 will depart Sherbrooke/Gouin and travel the same route into RDP via Gouin Boulevard, Route will then travel South via St-Jean Baptiste and East via Metropolitain Service Road to Tricentenaire, East on Sherbrooke and North on Robert Chevalier to end at Carrefour de la Pointe (Sherbrooke/Robert Chevalier). Route will then travel North via Robert Chevalier, Jean Grou and 32e Avenue, East on Metropolitain Service Road to Roundabout and then West on Service Road to St-Jean Baptiste to join its current route along Gouin Boulevard to Sherbrooke/Gouin.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MTL66 Great news! The 81 will definitely be run by CT Anjou. As for the 35, my guess is that it will be run by Frontenac, though LaSalle is also a possibility.

---

I'm not sure if it's been posted anywhere before but this article shows the ridership for almost every single STM bus line from 2012-2017. If anyone's interested, I made a spreadsheet using all the data. Some highlights:

  • In 2017, the two most used daytime lines were non artic routes (141 and 51, though routes such as 67, 80, 139 and 165 also have their express variants).
  • In 2017, the five least used daytime lines were the 76, 19, 116, 21 and 52 (not counting 428 since it was introduced halfway into the year and Navette Or routes). 
  • Still in 2017, the five least used daytime lines that run 7 days a week were the 183, 212, 14, 15 and 150.
  • The five routes with the biggest drop in ridership from 2012 to 2017 were the 467, 435, 430, 420 and 144.
  • The five routes with the largest increase in ridership from 2012 to 2017 were the 475, 71, 485, 25 and 405. 425 comes in sixth place, so the new West Island express routes created in 2012 have certainly been a success.
  • The five routes with the highest ridership in 2017 that are not part of the 10 minutes max network were the 470, 113, 168, 179 and 129.
  • The route with the lowest ridership in 2017 that is part of the 10 minutes max network was the 187.
  • The night route with the highest ridership in 2017 was the 361 and the one with the lowest was the 354.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

@MTL66 Great news! The 81 will definitely be run by CT Anjou. As for the 35, my guess is that it will be run by Frontenac, though LaSalle is also a possibility.

---

I'm not sure if it's been posted anywhere before but this article shows the ridership for almost every single STM bus line from 2012-2017. If anyone's interested, I made a spreadsheet using all the data. Some highlights:

  • In 2017, the two most used daytime lines were non artic routes (141 and 51, though routes such as 67, 80, 139 and 165 also have their express variants).
  • In 2017, the five least used daytime lines were the 76, 19, 116, 21 and 52 (not counting 428 since it was introduced halfway into the year and Navette Or routes). 
  • Still in 2017, the five least used daytime lines that run 7 days a week were the 183, 212, 14, 15 and 150.
  • The five routes with the biggest drop in ridership from 2012 to 2017 were the 467, 435, 430, 420 and 144.
  • The five routes with the largest increase in ridership from 2012 to 2017 were the 475, 71, 485, 25 and 405. 425 comes in sixth place, so the new West Island express routes created in 2012 have certainly been a success.
  • The five routes with the highest ridership in 2017 that are not part of the 10 minutes max network were the 470, 113, 168, 179 and 129.
  • The route with the lowest ridership in 2017 that is part of the 10 minutes max network was the 187.
  • The night route with the highest ridership in 2017 was the 361 and the one with the lowest was the 354.

35 will run out of LaSalle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 3:33 PM, West Island Transit Fan said:

@MTL66

  • The five routes with the highest ridership in 2017 that are not part of the 10 minutes max network were the 470, 113, 168, 179 and 129.

470 is part of the 10 min max network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NovaBus LFS HEV hybrid (BAE HDS200) were supposed to cost $750,000 each.

Each of those buses is now costing the STM $1.4 million ($1,400,000) to buy.

300 buses were ordered, a total order of $420 million. The fleet of 300 buses will cost $75 million to maintain each year.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/opposition-wants-to-know-who-is-paying-excess-costs-for-300-new-stm-buses-1.4035307

It is doubtful that equipping STM buses with an air conditioning system is responsible for inflating the price of each bus to ultra-ridiculous levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 10:34 PM, Jack 47 said:

NovaBus LFS HEV hybrid (BAE HDS200) were supposed to cost $750,000 each.

Each of those buses is now costing the STM $1.4 million ($1,400,000) to buy.

300 buses were ordered, a total order of $420 million. The fleet of 300 buses will cost $75 million to maintain each year.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/opposition-wants-to-know-who-is-paying-excess-costs-for-300-new-stm-buses-1.4035307

It is doubtful that equipping STM buses with an air conditioning system is responsible for inflating the price of each bus to ultra-ridiculous levels.

Maybe it's the media's fault for misreporting the price. They shouldn't be that expensive per unit. That $1.4m price is the price for the articulated hybrid which the STO and RTC has, so maybe the STM should look into that as their current diesel artics are in a rather poor state without an expensive refurbishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, anyfong said:

Maybe it's the media's fault for misreporting the price. They shouldn't be that expensive per unit. That $1.4m price is the price for the articulated hybrid which the STO and RTC has, so maybe the STM should look into that as their current diesel artics are in a rather poor state without an expensive refurbishment.

They are having enough trouble to find space for these 300 buses + the ones already ordered. Don't add artics to that mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The taste for artics seem to have withered over time with ATUQ purchases, with the exceptions of Gatineau and Quebec City. The drivers union must be pleased with this news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The planibus schedules are out for the fall, so we can see the route maps, schedules and stop lists of the new and modified routes:

Also of note is that they seem to be keeping the 711 in service into the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn't even bother to fix the maps. If you look at the cross streets where it lists the buses that pass there, there are so many errors.

Example: 86 at it's new terminus, apparently the 183 still goes along Gouin in that area. They still refer to the 40 as a Rush Hour Route when it has been all day service for almost 10 years now!

Looking at the changes for Route 40, there are going to be a lot of people mad about the changes along the Metropolitain Service Road between Henri-Bourassa/Autoroute 40 and St-Jean-Baptiste. When I worked nights, I would take route 40 home in the mornings and a lot of people used that route to get to work. With the changes, I thought they would send the 183 along there, but they opted instead to send it along Industrial and double the 86, which is completly useless in my opinion. Most of the workers going to RDP from there used the 86 to transfer to the 48. The only gain they have with the 183, is a faster way to get to RDP and transfer to the 48.

The 183 also completely bypasses the RDP Commuter Station, stopping 3 blocks away on St-Jean-Baptiste. There is a missed opportunity to send the 183 into the bus terminal to pick up people from the train coming from Mascouche/Repentigny who might work in the Pointe-Aux-Trembles industrial park.

Route 35 will use De La Montagne going South when traveling Downtown and turn Left onto Wellington. Something that is impossible because of the median separating the street which was built a couple years ago to alleviate traffic in the area by preventing people using the side streets as an alternative to Peel.

Finally the 81, will depart the south terminus by doing Right Notre-Dame, Right 8th Avenue and Right Prince Arthur. Good luck with that turn, I have tried to do it countless amount of times with the work service truck, a Ford F350 and I cannot make the turn without mounting the sidewalk and that is when there are no cars parked on the street. Parking on the right hand of the street and a Bike Path on the Left. a more viable solution would of been from 8th Avenue, Right Victoria, which is a bigger street with parking prohibited on the right side of the street between 8th Avenue and St-JEan Baptiste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also a major error on the 81 St-Jean Baptiste flyer ... i will let you guess what it is ...

On a side note: There will be two route 81 St-Jean Baptiste in Quebec, the other one is in Trois-Rivières

majorerror81.JPG

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, eclair14 said:

There is also a major error on the 81 St-Jean Baptiste flyer ... i will let you guess what it is ...

On a side note: There will be two route 81 St-Jean Baptiste in Quebec, the other one is in Trois-Rivières

majorerror81.JPG

Why am I not surprised!

I wonder if they will be printed like that, if so It will be something to collect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 2:38 AM, MTL66 said:

They didn't even bother to fix the maps. If you look at the cross streets where it lists the buses that pass there, there are so many errors.

Example: 86 at it's new terminus, apparently the 183 still goes along Gouin in that area. They still refer to the 40 as a Rush Hour Route when it has been all day service for almost 10 years now!

Looking at the changes for Route 40, there are going to be a lot of people mad about the changes along the Metropolitain Service Road between Henri-Bourassa/Autoroute 40 and St-Jean-Baptiste. When I worked nights, I would take route 40 home in the mornings and a lot of people used that route to get to work. With the changes, I thought they would send the 183 along there, but they opted instead to send it along Industrial and double the 86, which is completly useless in my opinion. Most of the workers going to RDP from there used the 86 to transfer to the 48. The only gain they have with the 183, is a faster way to get to RDP and transfer to the 48.

The 183 also completely bypasses the RDP Commuter Station, stopping 3 blocks away on St-Jean-Baptiste. There is a missed opportunity to send the 183 into the bus terminal to pick up people from the train coming from Mascouche/Repentigny who might work in the Pointe-Aux-Trembles industrial park.

Route 35 will use De La Montagne going South when traveling Downtown and turn Left onto Wellington. Something that is impossible because of the median separating the street which was built a couple years ago to alleviate traffic in the area by preventing people using the side streets as an alternative to Peel.

Finally the 81, will depart the south terminus by doing Right Notre-Dame, Right 8th Avenue and Right Prince Arthur. Good luck with that turn, I have tried to do it countless amount of times with the work service truck, a Ford F350 and I cannot make the turn without mounting the sidewalk and that is when there are no cars parked on the street. Parking on the right hand of the street and a Bike Path on the Left. a more viable solution would of been from 8th Avenue, Right Victoria, which is a bigger street with parking prohibited on the right side of the street between 8th Avenue and St-JEan Baptiste

About Route 35 turning left on Wellington, they took out the median a couple days ago. It's now possible for the bus to turn left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The STM ordered 30 XE-40’s from NFI, which is part of their slow charging buses order that they announced a while back.

Source (in french): https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1119073/stm-stl-laval-montreal-40-nouveaux-autobus-electriques-bus-transport-commun

A lot of errors still in the maps, there are still some maps showing the 53 

http://beta.stm.info/sites/default/files/planibus_aout2018/fr/19.pdf

http://beta.stm.info/sites/default/files/planibus_aout2018/fr/146.pdf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joseph, I would strongly suggest making your criticisms heard to the STM ASAP. It's fun to talk here but talk is cheap when positive changes can be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SMS said:

Joseph, I would strongly suggest making your criticisms heard to the STM ASAP. It's fun to talk here but talk is cheap when positive changes can be made.

I raised these concerns when they presented the changes in April to the residents of PAT/RDP and sent in further criticisms once the plans of route 81 were released. I know a petition is already going around about the changes to route 40 according to some friends who work in the Industrial Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 8:33 PM, MTL66 said:

I was recently sent a screenshot of the garage allocations for 2018. Some changes are surprising, some not at all.

Route Allocations 2018

XX (YY) = Transferred Route, Old Garage in (  ).

XX = New Route

50 - Stinson {Total Routes: 18}

80, 100, 103, 105, 124, 128, 162, 165, 171 (LE), 175, 213, 369, 371, 380, 435, 470, 485, 747 (LS)

54 - Anjou {Total Routes: 28}

26, 28, 33, 39, 40, 43, 44, 48, 49, 86, 141, 183, 186, 187, 188, 189, 192, 355, 362, 364, 372, 428, 432 (FR), 444, 448, 449, 486, 487

55 - St Denis {Total Routes: 22}

13, 18, 30, 31, 46, 54, 66, 92, 93, 95, 99, 119, 129, 144 (MR), 160, 161, 166, 179, 361, 363, 370, 935

56 - LaSalle {Total Routes: 39}

12, 21, 36, 37, 57, 58, 63, 71, 77, 78, 90, 101, 102, 104, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 112, 113, 116, 123, 138, 191, 195, 211, 350, 354, 356, 360, 405, 406, 411, 420, 425, 491, 495, 496

57 - Mont Royal {Total Routes: 14}

11, 14, 27, 32, 47, 51, 97, 357, 359, 368, 410, 427, 430, 711

58 - Legendre {Total Routes: 24}

19, 41, 45, 52, 53, 55 (SD), 56, 67, 69, 121, 135, 139, 140, 146, 171, 180, 193, 197, 365, 439, 440, 460, 467, 469 (AN)

59 - Frontenac {Total Routes: 25}

10, 15, 22, 24, 25, 29, 34, 61, 74, 75, 85, 94, 125, 131, 136, 150, 168, 178, 185, 353, 358, 715, 767, 769, 777

60 - St Laurent {Total Routes: 42}

16 (SN), 17 (SN), 64 (SN), 68, 70 (SN), 72 (SN), 73 (SN), 76 (SN), 115 (SN), 117 (SN), 126, 164, 170 (SN), 174 (SN), 177, 196 (SN), 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 215, 216 (SN), 217, 218, 219, 220, 225, 376, 378, 382, 401, 407, 409 (SN), 419, 468 (SN), 475 (SN)

 

(From August 22 2017 ^) Anybody have a clue about the 2019 route allocations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, malikcollins said:

(From August 22 2017 ^) Anybody have a clue about the 2019 route allocations?

It should be coming out soon, as soon as my contact gives it to me I will post it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...