Société de transport de Montréal

mtltransitguy

Starting last week, some Frontenac vehicles are now bike rack-equipped. I saw them on route 34, but irregularly (this route gets 2nd gens on some departures).

STM.info does not have any info on this, neither did the driver I asked.

Do someone know more about the Frontenac racks?

I saw 31-174 and 31-230 on the 105 and 420 respectively in the last two weeks, both equipped with bike racks! What are the STM's short and medium-term plans, will the bike racks expand to a new garage every summer or something like that?

• 1 month later...

STM will have a pilot hybrid bus. It should begin passenger service mid June and for 10 weeks. It wil operate out of C T Mont-Royal. Apparently this bus is not built to STM specs and will not feature perimeter seating at the rear.

Just started a new topic on this subject in the section "sightings for quebec" as the media confirmed this info a few days ago with details. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if the electric midibuses and BYD electric demo bus will still arrive in June/July and August respectively?

I don't know about the electric midibuses, but the BYD electric demo was at the STO garage (the foreman showed it to me, only exterior) when I visited there May 21st and it still hadn't been on the road, so my guess is that it will be delayed arriving in our city.

Here's my pics I could take of the BYD:

byd10.jpg

byd_re10.jpg

The foreman told me he spent hours translating in French the manual that was only in Chinese in English.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got an interesting bus driver today. Maybe it was because he was driving a noisy first gen that he was in a stern mood.

When he arrived at the metro, he arrived right behind another bus. I figured he was late since he kneeled the bus and stopped sort of half into the right-hand lane, half still in the driving lane, so that he could easily depart right away without having to wait for the bus in front to finish boarding.

At one bus stop, an older lady was stopped in her car in the no-stop area, waiting for her husband to come out of a pharmacy. The driver actually got out of his seat to tell her to move! When the lady in her car started to protest, he simply replied "don't give me attitude. Move!" Good on him! I wish the SPVM would start cracking down on this.

Then later on, an old lady ran across the street directly in front of the bus (just before we were about to leave the stop) so she could get on board. He asked her if something was wrong. When she went to the door to get off, the driver told her and I quote "Only cross when it's green. Now go quickly! Don't die this year." Although some clients found his behaviour out of line, I found his comments to be relevant (though his choice of words could have been better).

• 2 weeks later...

The STM always runs 24 hours.

Although the last metros leave Berri around 1am, we have night buses that criss-cross the island.

Last night it seemed like there was a 98% occupancy rate in Montreal taxis. They would not drive to residential districts surrounding downtown to pick people up. I was happy to help a few friends get home on the STM's network :)

As we were speaking about electric buses in the STL thread... I don't suppose anyone has seen the STM's electric bus in service? Because I sure haven't. Maybe they've just decided to do static tests (aka meaningless bs. lol).

It has yet to be seen by anyone on the streets on Montreal yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...