Jump to content
mtltransitguy

Société de transport de Montréal

Recommended Posts

They have no choice if Du Collège will once again become the temporary terminus of the Orange line, when Côte-Vertu shuts down for the garage construction in the arrière-gare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

The industrial building (the STM calls it Stinson 2) near Stinson garage that the STM is leasing is now able to store buses: http://www.stm.info/fr/presse/nouvelles/2019/300-bus-supplementaires----une-premiere-etape-franchie Are they seriously cutting a ribbon for that? :lol:

The woman on the left needs to justify her $200k+/yr salary...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 485 at Terminus Dorval there is a new announcement. The stop name is now "Terminus Dorval" and it also says "Cet arrêt dessert la gare Dorval d'exo via le tunnel piétonnier". In GTFS, it's still Gare Dorval.

I don't know if it's the same case for all lines going through Terminus Dorval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FelixINX said:

On 485 at Terminus Dorval there is a new announcement. The stop name is now "Terminus Dorval" and it also says "Cet arrêt dessert la gare Dorval d'exo via le tunnel piétonnier". In GTFS, it's still Gare Dorval.

I don't know if it's the same case for all lines going through Terminus Dorval.

I believe that it's the same for all lines going through Terminus Dorval. I've heard it on a few other routes such as 202, 411, 460

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:11 PM, Gerbil said:

These cancellations have finally gotten some publicity:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/dozens-of-stm-bus-drivers-paid-to-twiddle-their-thumbs

I love how the union and STM are bickering over this rather than working to find a solution...

At least some of the drivers are getting a break as a result of this.

The story won't load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Walton said:

The story won't load.

It works fine for me. If it's because of their paywall, I'd recommend using an ad blocker.

Here's an alternative story from Global:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4941366/stm-buses-out-of-service/

TL;DR 30% of the fleet is at the garage for maintenance and the maintenance workers' union and STM executives are blaming each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The STM has just launched a request for information for electric articulated 18m buses!

Later, they would like to launch a tender for about 345 buses between 2022 and 2026. Not all buses will go to the STM because it's a group purchase of the ATUQ.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the electrics run on the 36 - Monk on weekends (more precisely, sundays)? I will be in Montreal in the near future and would like to ride one of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dudebrains said:

Does anyone know if the electrics run on the 36 - Monk on weekends (more precisely, sundays)? I will be in Montreal in the near future and would like to ride one of them!

I've taken them on the weekend, I guess the situation has not changed, you should be ok.

If you need help to find them, use this app: https://felixinx.github.io/mtl-gtfs-rt/ go to the table page and type in the vehicle filter "369".

Have fun in Montréal!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I intend on doing another one of these once REM opens and its got me thinking, anyone wanna propose what the fastest route hit all Metro and REM stations would be? 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Transitfan39 said:

How is this STM related?

Perhaps the station is going to act as a terminus for trains during part of the Mont-Royal tunnel closure. Then there could be a mass flow of riders transferring to buses here. This is, of course, a theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Perhaps the station is going to act as a terminus for trains during part of the Mont-Royal tunnel closure. Then there could be a mass flow of riders transferring to buses here. This is, of course, a theory.

Canora will never be a terminus. What have been announced lately is that Bois-Franc will be the terminus for 18 months and then it will be Roxboro-Pierrefonds for 6 months. After, Du Ruisseau-Rive Sud will be open and the rest will be closed for about a year.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, reecemartin said:

I intend on doing another one of these once REM opens and its got me thinking, anyone wanna propose what the fastest route hit all Metro and REM stations would be? 
 

Good for you I guess, I plan on boycotting the REM! I won't even take it for free.

Transitfan39 is right, back on topic please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Côte-Vertu station will be temporarily closed for 2 (potentially 3) weekends: http://www.stm.info/fr/infos/etat-du-service/travaux/cote-vertu?utm_campaign=carrousel&utm_source=cotevertu&utm_medium=carrousel: March 30-31, April 13-14.

Routes 64 and 470 will end at Du College, and a shuttle (810) will be deployed.

I'm really disappointed that the 968 will not end at Du Collège. I will have to go downtown on these two weekends (what a coincidence!) and normally I would have taken the train. Now I have to take 2 bus and the metro rather than only the train...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

Spring 2019 board period schedules are out. 

The STM's new GTFS format doesn't seem to include the run numbers like we're used to. Does anyone know how we would get them?

Before, the GTFS data used to be what we used, i.e. including the run number. It's referred to as the "old format" (example: 16_01_2). Two board periods ago, the STM decided to revamp its run data, and called it the "new format", with a new kind of trip id (example: 191315289). The STM decided to phase out the old format, so we will no longer be able to see the run number in this way.

By the way, despite that the planibuses are out about two weeks before the schedule change, if you look at the developer section quite often you'll see the new GTFS files are released about 1-2 weeks before the planibus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Before, the GTFS data used to be what we used, i.e. including the run number. It's referred to as the "old format" (example: 16_01_2). Two board periods ago, the STM decided to revamp its run data, and called it the "new format", with a new kind of trip id (example: 191315289). The STM decided to phase out the old format, so we will no longer be able to see the run number in this way.

By the way, despite that the planibuses are out about two weeks before the schedule change, if you look at the developer section quite often you'll see the new GTFS files are released about 1-2 weeks before the planibus.

Also to note, the new static GTFS format now includes two board periods in one file. For example, the latest GTFS is valid from January to June. This makes really big files (268mb for stop times)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×