mtltransitguy

Société de transport de Montréal

13 hours ago, Gerbil said:

It was mentioned somewhere at a later date that Stinson is retaining the 16 though.

Interesting, because I recall seeing my morning bus on route 117 afterwards, the 16 does not interline very often but it still interlines with current Stinson routes, I guess. The good thing is that I can ride on hybrids for an another year :) I tried to look at the data the STM provided but I didn't understand a thing written there :(

6 minutes ago, anyfong said:

If Stinson is getting the 747 buses, will they still run on the 747? Or will there be other buses to run the 747 from LaSalle as today?

The 747 will be operated out of Stinson as per MTL66's table on the last page.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:09 PM, Chinese Daniel said:

The bus was too heavy for Winter tires, But STM can be tri like translink like  Snow socks or like MTA put the snow chain.

Aren't snow chains illegal in QC?

I mean really, do Montreal's roads need to be ruined any more? :P

Snow socks should be fine, hypothetically. Installing them in a timely fashion would require divine intervention.

16 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Snow socks should be fine, hypothetically. Installing them in a timely fashion would require divine intervention.

I uunderstand they'd be used in snowy conditions, but a max of 30kph is a bit much, no?

I’ll defer to them to defend that claim. And no gadget is a substitue for intelligent, defensive driving.

They are light, centrifugal forces wouldn’t affect them much.... But anything over bupkus is a win when you’re cold and just want to get home.

I've also heard that they're frowned upon elsewhere, like the Coquihalla highway. Curious to see how they'd handle the steeper streets in Montreal. 

I’m sure the salesmen have made the rounds... TTC has been aware of them for some time.

I do recall them (autosock) citing NYC as a customer though, but that was informal garage talk.

heres a link to that Translink article, for what it’s worth:

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/translink-vancouver-to-reveal-winter-plans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2