mtltransitguy

Société de transport de Montréal

1,112 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, benz.citaro.fan said:

Thank you.

Also does anyone know which trains between Montreal and Toronto get Budd stainless-steel coaches?

Indeed not relevant ... go to the Via Rail Discussion...

...but i would not do a 5 hours corridor train ride in budd cars ... looking good ... but ride like crap

STM will modify the 747 bus service for the summer period, service is gonna be more frequent, as high as every 4 to 5 minutes between each bus during the afternoon. But between 11am and 7pm, about every second bus will shorturn at Lionel-Groulx station from the airport. Same thing to the airport, about half the bus will start from Lionel-Groulx

http://www.stm.info/sites/default/files/planibus_juin2017/fr/747.pdf

1 hour ago, eclair14 said:

STM will modify the 747 bus service for the summer period, service is gonna be more frequent, as high as every 4 to 5 minutes between each bus during the afternoon. But between 11am and 7pm, about every second bus will shorturn at Lionel-Groulx station from the airport. Same thing to the airport, about half the bus will start from Lionel-Groulx

http://www.stm.info/sites/default/files/planibus_juin2017/fr/747.pdf

It's about time! During Rush Hour almost 75% of the bus gets off at Lionel Groulx, I hope this continues beyond the summer. I was talking about this to a driver on the 747 the other day. 3 buses in a row did not show up because they were stuck in the construction on Rene-Levesque. Instead of sending the spare bus to help at the Airport, they sent him to collect the clients waiting on Rene-Levesque outside the construction zone and bring them to the airport.

1 person likes this

It would have been fun to see short turns with the leased coaches! Oh well!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, SMS said:

It would have been fun to see short turns with the leased coaches! Oh well!

Happened on a couple of occasions when I was there, some were running 2 hours down when the Atwater exit was closed. They were generally short-turning the LFS, but I did see some coaches be short turned (3 showed up at Lionel at once, with little passengers, 1 coach was short turned and parked at Lionel waiting its next departure.)

9 hours ago, MTL66 said:

It's about time! During Rush Hour almost 75% of the bus gets off at Lionel Groulx, I hope this continues beyond the summer. I was talking about this to a driver on the 747 the other day. 3 buses in a row did not show up because they were stuck in the construction on Rene-Levesque. Instead of sending the spare bus to help at the Airport, they sent him to collect the clients waiting on Rene-Levesque outside the construction zone and bring them to the airport.

Totally agree, especially given that Lionel-Groulx has both the Green and Orange lines for connections, it seems like a perfect place to turn the vast majority of buses. 

MapofdowntownMontreal.jpg downtown Montréal 1990

metro.gif 1995 (I think ) part of montreal 

1 person likes this

In addition to more service on 747, there are two more new service offers for the Summer:

• 419 Express John-Abbott will now provide weekend service to Zoo Ecomuseum from 10h to 15h, every 30 minutes. Weekend service will be extended to start/end from Terminus Macdonald instead of John Abbott College.
  • 711 Parc-du-Mont-Royal / Oratorie will run between Snowdon and Mont-Royal Métro stations via Oratorie St-Joseph, Parc du Mont-Royal and boul. St-Joseph. Buses will run every day, approx. 8h to 20h, every 20 to 30 minutes. 11 Parc-du-Mont-Royal / Ridgewood will continue to run approx. every 20 minutes.

Could someone please tell me when the paper 2017 STM system map will become available?  I requested that a map be mailed to me but I got last year's issue.  Thanks!

Does someone have the 1990 or the 1987 stcum map  for my collection ?