Société de transport de Montréal

mtltransitguy

On 4/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

Edit: It was the bus planning responsible that answered the question, saying they will look into the service SW of Highway 20, and that the service on some lines that were implemented b/c of Turcot will be ended (Il y a plusieurs lignes qui ont été mises en place dans le cadre du [projet] Turcot et qui [vont] tirer à [leur] fin [...]).

If that is the case, then perhaps 211 could return to 10 min max route status ?

4 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Also, hopefully they don't cut the 475, because it could be useful to mitigate the impacts of REM.

I also hope the 485 doesn't get cut, although not because of the REM, but because it offers a convenient link between Fairview and downtown Montréal (faster than the 202->211 and 470->metro options).

2. From what I can understand, we won't have coaches after all (well, given the current context, they are not really needed anyways).

I'm glad the STM decided to cancel the coach bus lease. Now there would be more room to store the new hybrids part of the order for 300 buses (although it's not expected that they'll come any time soon with the current context).

On 4/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

Thank you for the response, I don't know what's happening there (hence my curiosity), since I don't normally go  near L-Groulx. Maybe the STM is planning ahead for something to come? Last time during the board meeting, Schnobb hinted some changes to the L-G routes and said the Turcot measures (I guess the 425 and 485?) will end soon, so maybe there's that?

Edit: It was the bus planning responsible that answered the question, saying they will look into the service SW of Highway 20, and that the service on some lines that were implemented b/c of Turcot will be ended (Il y a plusieurs lignes qui ont été mises en place dans le cadre du [projet] Turcot et qui [vont] tirer à [leur] fin [...]).

Finally the changes on the STM map were legitimate, works is been done at Lionel-Groulx from May 2020 to 2023, the bus zone on Greene will be closed

http://www.stm.info/en/info/service-updates/stm-works/lionel-groulx-0

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2020/06/29/un-chauffeur-de-la-stm-emboutit-un-semi-remorque-a-50-km-h?fbclid=IwAR063YoH_f-jLdanBZa5t7hwxp0IckNZMtVGfvoCQmmHjUtBTEnYyH7hvdE

The 28-095 is probably totalled in an accident at 50 Km/h this morning. The driver substained major injuries. One passenger on the five got a light head injury.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:27 PM, Oc4526 said:

Found this on STM’s Instagram feed.

40901 seen taking a dip somewhere in Mtl 

This is not in Montréal, rather at the PMG Technologies testing facility (Plan Bouchard) in Blainville.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This info has been available for a little while, but I'll mention it here for posterity:

Highlights:

• Front door boarding will resume on CT Frontenac and St. Denis routes as of July 20th. Barriers are currently being installed.
  • The new card readers will be put into service by September.
  • We will soon be able to see the number of people on each bus.

The number of passengers is already visible in the API of the STM website. It seems accurate (@Frozen Yogurt and I tested it while I was on a bus).

image.thumb.png.4fc69191267c9dd1219632d1e0e826f5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The number of passengers (or capacity information) should also be available for Azur trains on the Orange line, starting in October.

I wonder why the STM never made this data public before, as it was already available for them. Better late than never, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Boarding at the front of the bus will resume for Legendre and Mont-Royal routes starting Monday July 27. This is in addition to the current garages where front boarding has already started (Saint-Denis and Frontenac).

http://www.stm.info/fr/infos/conseils/comportements-adopter-en-transport-collectif/prevention-coronavirus-covid-19?utm_campaign=carrousel&utm_source =routinebus&utm_medium=carrousel#id_deuxieme

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

As of August 3, boarding at the front of the bus will be required on bus routes under CT Stinson, LaSalle, and Saint-Laurent. As of yet, Anjou is the only garage left where there is no front boarding.

August 10th for Anjou, some drivers have already started of their own will when they get a bus with Plexiglass. My father boarded through the front today he said.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 10:50 AM, Frozen Yogurt said:

The new GTFS for the fall period is out. I looked around and didn't notice much changes -- looks like much of the service increase they planned this year won't happen for now due to the pandemic. 

One noticeable service improvement:

- the service on the 119 Rockland is extended on weekdays. Now the last NB departure will be at 9:05 pm, and last SB at 9:15 pm. Well, I guess that petition worked.

Some minor changes:

- lots of stop changes: for example the stops around Côte-Vertu station have changed again... and now the 468 stop has been kicked out of the northern terminus on Décarie.

- the 777 is already and will again have service all day.

- the 747 will go to Berri-UQAM during the day as well.

===

Unrelated question... when a run requires a camera, is it when the end of the last trip of the run is after 11pm or when the bus comes back to the garage after 11pm? I'm curious because a 128 run will finish its last trip (128-N) at 10:51pm and I'm not sure if that's too late to receive some 24 series.

If the bus is due to enter the garage after 22:59, it gets a camera bus (at least it is supposed to).

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Noticed some changes to come at Côte-Vertu today: the 968 will be limited stop starting November 2nd. That's probably why the GTFS data has a set of trip ID's specifically for this week...

IMG_7222.JPG

P.S. what they didn't mention is that the 968 will also be reduced to hourly service, except weekdays AM rush for eastbound and weekdays PM rush for westbound, starting next Monday. And, according to the planned schedule, the limited stop service is not a single minute faster than before (i.e. it took 31 minutes before, still takes 31 minutes according to the new schedule)... they want people to use the 468 and yet they kicked the 468 out of the terminus to somewhere far away so that the hourly 968 can occupy one whole bus bay? wow.

Another thing I noticed is on weekends. Currently it's half-hourly with 3 buses, according to the GTFS. They reduced the service also to hourly starting next Monday, but they still need 2 buses. However, the layover is enormous: the buses will have a 39-minute layover at Roxboro on Saturdays, for example. If their goal is to reduce spendings, then I don't get how such unnecessarily generous layovers is helping to achieve the goal... since they cut half of the service but could only remove 1/3 of the spendings, with possibly more people turned to driving instead of taking buses.

Too bad for the customers, but for the drivers, I guess the 968 will be very popular.

2 hours ago, M106 said:

Another thing I noticed is on weekends. Currently it's half-hourly with 3 buses, according to the GTFS. They reduced the service also to hourly starting next Monday, but they still need 2 buses. However, the layover is enormous: the buses will have a 39-minute layover at Roxboro on Saturdays, for example. If their goal is to reduce spendings, then I don't get how such unnecessarily generous layovers is helping to achieve the goal... since they cut half of the service but could only remove 1/3 of the spendings, with possibly more people turned to driving instead of taking buses.

STM only executes order they get from higher up the hierarchy for the shuttle operations, in this case either the ARTM or (IM)Mobilité Montréal

4 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Noticed some changes to come at Côte-Vertu today: the 968 will be limited stop starting November 2nd. That's probably why the GTFS data has a set of trip ID's specifically for this week...

IMG_7222.JPG

P.S. what they didn't mention is that the 968 will also be reduced to hourly service, except weekdays AM rush for eastbound and weekdays PM rush for westbound, starting next Monday. And, according to the planned schedule, the limited stop service is not a single minute faster than before (i.e. it took 31 minutes before, still takes 31 minutes according to the new schedule)... they want people to use the 468 and yet they kicked the 468 out of the terminus to somewhere far away so that the hourly 968 can occupy one whole bus bay? wow.

Well that's unfortunate, but I think they did that simply because the train was running hourly, so there is no point to give a half hour service (well in their opinion).

The 968 was and is still a popular bus line, especially on weekends. It will definitely hurt people trying to go downtown as they will be forced to wait or to make a transfer. Having taken the 968 a few times, they could easily maintain the same level of service with fewer buses. Drop a few stops, make realistic schedules (shorter), cut some break time (there is almost always one driver sleeping in Roxboro parking lot) and voilà!

16 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Looking through the GTFS, it doesn't seem to be the case. I didn't see any changes in the 747 schedule at all... unless there are some internal memos regarding this?

The information is accurate coming from @eclair14.

Since the STM can't put the information on their website, I don't think they have made a public announcement yet.