Société de transport de Montréal

mtltransitguy

Nice bus. Spoke to a Nova Bus rep at Trans-Expo and he told me Nova is lending that bus to the STM so that they can have a better look at it before they receive the three LFSe next Spring for testing on route 36 Monk.

The charging stations will be installed in the Spring at Angrignon and Square-Victoria - OACI and non-revenue testing will begin in Spring-Summer 2016 and revenue testing will go on from Fall 2016 to 2019.

Also, the STM will be taking delivery of 27 LFS HEV with the BAE Systems Hybrid drive by late Winter or early Spring 2016.

Thanks for the Info, looks like I have to plan a summer trip back to Montreal then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The pilot program we be in effect from March 21 to June 19 on the 121 Sauvé/Côte-Vertu. Only passengers with unlimited passes (monthly, weekly) will not need to scan their card at the front of the bus. Those who pay cash, have tickets on their opus card, or a pass that must be activated ( 1 day, 3 day) must use the fare box. For now there are no plans to install opus readers elsewhere in the bus. The fare inspectors will do random checks to make sure that everyone has paid.

Board period ie listes or affectations, when drivers choose new crews ergo new schedules printed. Also a chance for management to fine tune (nowadays cut) their service.

STM, RTL have 5 a year. They are approximately

• 1st week of January
  • 1st week of April
  • Near 24 June (summer schedule)
  • Before Labour Day (return to regular service)
  • 1st week of November

The board likely refers to the bulletin boards that the crews are affixed to so that employees can have a chance to peruse what is available before they sign up. This tradition continues, but with modern technology, we can see the future crews online and watch them disappear in real-time! Sort of depressing for newbies but seniority is the name of the game in mass transit.

• 2 weeks later...

This article introduces Raymond Leduc as Nova Bus' new president with 36-001 in the background. Would this one be the STM's new hybrid buses?

(in French)

http://affaires.lapresse.ca/cv/emplois/201603/04/01-4957191-question-pour-un-patron-nova-bus-et-prevost-misent-sur-lelectrification-des-transports.php

New president and same crappy product... As for the bus it's got an STM fleet number but not the livery. Probably just the number added on to an all white ghost livery bus for the publicity photo.

New president and same crappy product... As for the bus it's got an STM fleet number but not the livery. Probably just the number added on to an all white ghost livery bus for the publicity photo.

Last I heard the numbers are put on by Nova and the Livery is done in house. at least that is what they did for the 2012 buses.

Last I heard the numbers are put on by Nova and the Livery is done in house. at least that is what they did for the 2012 buses.

The STM blue and chevrons are done at a decal place in ville St Laurent close to the Ikea on the highway service road.

• 2 months later...

What's the current bus-assignment protocol for route 11 Montagne? Last I heard on this board about 10 years ago, nothing older that 1991 was allowed on that line, but everything that old is probably gone by now. Does that protocol also affect other routes going over any part of Mount Royal, such as 165?

14 hours ago, Andru said:

Gah, they really can't frame a picture properly.

Yeah I know, it's annoying. Probably the reason why is that the STM uses pictures posted to Instagram, and that pictures on Instagram are automatically cropped a perfect square. I'll try to get my own pictures of the hybrids in the coming days.