Société de transport de Montréal

mtltransitguy

I went looking for a new map today, and here's what happened.

Stop #1: 2008 Map

Stop #2: 2007 Map

Stop #3: 2009 Map (Finally!)

Third time's a charm, as the old adage goes.

Like Jeff, I too am impressed with the simple design. Plus, the fact that they enhanced the way in which certain routes are displayed is a nice touch as well. Looks like the Old Codger Express routes (252 - 254) will be staying around for a while, which means that they apparently not massive failures like their predecessors, the 21 and 23. These two routes never made it to the system map. I also like the fact that they've added additional information about CITs and whatnot as well. IMO, they should have done this a long time ago. As for the '07 and '08 maps I got, I'll most likely give them away at the next charter I attend, 'cause I know the out-of-towners often appreciate the souvenirs I give out :P .

Everyone loves old maps.

And yes, the Navette D'Olds, will be sticking around. Only reason the other ones failed is due to the fact that they were run using full 40ft buses.

Speaking of which, I find it funny how one of the reasons often cited for low floor buses is easier accessibility for elders, and that a service created, tailored, and catering to them is making full use of HIGH FLOOR minibuses!!! :P

Where did you guys pick up the new 2009 system map? I when looking for it at Berri metro today and they only had 08 maps and told me that the 2009 version didn't come out yet! I also asked at Jean-Drapeau metro and they told me the samething!

Where did you guys pick up the new 2009 system map? I when looking for it at Berri metro today and they only had 08 maps and told me that the 2009 version didn't come out yet! I also asked at Jean-Drapeau metro and they told me the samething!

I got mine at Metro Peel, I believe. They are definitely out, and I do hope you get one for yourself soon. Keep trying; you're bound to get lucky at some point :D.

And the weblink has also been updated to 2009!

OF INTEREST:

- EXPRESS Routes are now in Green

- CIT Connections shown at Terminuses (including CITSO et all "sur rue")

- Club de l'Age d'Or buses shown in Yellow

I'm a little lost here. What is a "Club de l'Age d'Or bus"?

It's a nice little improvement that they'll show the express routes in green. It was a bit confusing having all those different types of brackets representing different things () {} [] all meant different things.

It's also a big improvement to show where the CIT connections are. I don't know why they don't show more of the other transit networks. If you look at a TTC map, it also shows many routes Missisauga, Brampton, VIVA, etc. This greatly facilitates transferring from one agency to the other.

I'm a little lost here. What is a "Club de l'Age d'Or bus"?

It's a nice little improvement that they'll show the express routes in green. It was a bit confusing having all those different types of brackets representing different things () {} [] all meant different things.

It's also a big improvement to show where the CIT connections are. I don't know why they don't show more of the other transit networks. If you look at a TTC map, it also shows many routes Missisauga, Brampton, VIVA, etc. This greatly facilitates transferring from one agency to the other.

The routes shown in yellow are the Old Cogder Express (Navette d'Or) routes (252 - 254). They are routes which run only on certain days of the week and are provided by special minibuses. Each one covers a different area, and are designed to help seniors get around the neighborhood. I hope that answers your question :D.

The routes shown in yellow are the Old Cogder Express (Navette d'Or) routes (252 - 254). They are routes which run only on certain days of the week and are provided by special minibuses. Each one covers a different area, and are designed to help seniors get around the neighborhood. I hope that answers your question :D.

Ok thanks. I had just thought of those routes as handicapped routes before lol

Ok thanks. I had just thought of those routes as handicapped routes before lol

Oh, but they really aren't! They are, like Mark said, intended to make it easier for seniors to get to shopping malls, buy groceries, etc etc. They often pass by several 'residences' along the route, providing door-to-door service, so that the elderly do not have to walk to a mainline route, deal with rowdy teenagers, and fight for seats.

Fagstein is reporting that the STM has just launched LA-STM (52786) a short-code text messaging service that will provide bus schedules by text message.

They've also launched m.stm.info which is a page adapted for cell phones

http://blog.fagstein.com/2009/07/03/stm-of...by-text-message

Alex

Some of us tried this out on Saturday, and it works pretty well!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I just found out that the STM will be providing free shuttle buses from Plamondon (Van Horne exit) and Lionel-Groulx stations to Parc Jean-Drapeau for "Jamaica Day" this Saturday July 25.

Departures from Lionel-Groulx: 11:00, 12:00, 13:00

Departures from Plamondon: 11:00, 12:20, 13:40

It seems like the STM will need two buses to do this service.

Hey guys I just found out that the STM will be providing free shuttle buses from Plamondon (Van Horne exit) and Lionel-Groulx stations to Parc Jean-Drapeau for "Jamaica Day" this Saturday July 25.

Source?

Seems odd that the STM will be providing bus service between two metro stations, and as such dismal frequencies. Why not take the metro instead?

Alex

Source?

Seems odd that the STM will be providing bus service between two metro stations, and as such dismal frequencies. Why not take the metro instead?

Alex

Exactly, hence my previous comment. Those fequencies are pure trash and people could walk to the festival before catching one of those shuttles! The metro will get them to the festival 100 times faster as you mentioned...

Proof?

And that ^^^ would require more than two buses.

Source?

Alex

Proof?

And that ^^^ would require more than two buses.

http://www.jam-montreal.com/index.php?opti...9&Itemid=61 Just scroll down a bit.

And I guess you're right they might need more buses I didn't really think about how long it would take to get there & back.

It can take the A15 down by turning left on Decarie from Van Horne and then getting on the highway, then take the 20 to the 10 and then onto Pierre-Dupuy. According to Googlemaps, it should take about 20 minutes by car. So for a bus, add 5-6 minutes to that. Looks like they might just use one bus if they only lay over at the festival for a few minutes....

It can take the A15 down by turning left on Decarie from Van Horne and then getting on the highway, then take the 20 to the 10 and then onto Pierre-Dupuy. According to Googlemaps, it should take about 20 minutes by car. So for a bus, add 5-6 minutes to that. Looks like they might just use one bus if they only lay over at the festival for a few minutes....

Who would want to ride from Linonel-Groulx all the way up Plamondon to head back south to Jean-Drapeau?

Check the departure times, they clearly need more than one bus, if they only use one, there is just no point....

And really what this looks like is a shuttle for those people who cant drive to the event.

Sure they can take the metro, but wouldn't you rather have a one seat ride with people going to the same place as you!?!

Get ready for some exclusive news my friends..

As per my discussion with an LA C.O., it seems that LA will be the last division to have classics after 2012! Yes, I did say after 2012. Lasalle will have a reserve fleet of 30 classics after 2012, while all other garages will have none left at this point in time. Those classics will be used for Alouettes shuttles, fireworks, festivals, SPS service and so on. The STM is aware that classics are better than the LFS when it comes to this kind of service.

Another piece of news, I was told that the STM mechanics, drivers and staff hate Novabus so much that they are pushing really hard for the STM to order from another builder! The next series in 2010 will be numbered 30-XXX and at this point is not confirmed to be Nova LFS buses! Let's hope this is true.

Get ready for some exclusive news my friends..

As per my discussion with an LA C.O., it seems that LA will be the last division to have classics after 2012! Yes, I did say after 2012. Lasalle will have a reserve fleet of 30 classics after 2012, while all other garages will have none left at this point in time. Those classics will be used for Alouettes shuttles, fireworks, festivals, SPS service and so on. The STM is aware that classics are better than the LFS when it comes to this kind of service.

Another piece of news, I was told that the STM mechanics, drivers and staff hate Novabus so much that they are pushing really hard for the STM to order from another builder! The next series in 2010 will be numbered 30-XXX and at this point is not confirmed to be Nova LFS buses! Let's hope this is true.

Well, this is good news.

I think whatever the STM does, they'll have to get accessible buses. I hate lowfloors just as much as everyone else, but I have a feeling that political correctness will require them to continue making their buses accessible, unless they completely revamp their handicapped network.

I would be great if they find a new dealer though. Novabus is just...bad...in every way...there are no other words I can think of to describe it.