17 hours ago, WMATAC40LF said:

Last I heard 30 AC4400CWs will be rebuilt and renumbered 8100-8129 by GE. The cab, and some of the electrical systems are being replaced, alongside a few other items such as engine work. It's fairly similar to what NS has been doing with their Dash 9s.

I don't know about the renumbering, but the work being done is a bit more elaborate than that.

They are getting brand new cabs, trucks, traction motors, radiators and computer systems. These will basically be state-of-the-art GEVOs with old (but rebuilt) 7FDL prime movers in them.

Dan

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smallspy said:

I don't know about the renumbering, but the work being done is a bit more elaborate than that.

They are getting brand new cabs, trucks, traction motors, radiators and computer systems. These will basically be state-of-the-art GEVOs with old (but rebuilt) 7FDL prime movers in them.

Dan

I forgot about the trucks. CP doesn't seem to like the GE self steering type, since they are replacing them with the standard high-ad trucks on these rebuilds (and I've also noticed several ES44ACs in the 8700s have had truck swaps as well). 

I heard on another forum that only 1 unit (8100) was to be done by Erie (there's a video of it on Youtube), while the other 29 were supposedly going to be done at Forth Worth.

9 hours ago, WMATAC40LF said:

I forgot about the trucks. CP doesn't seem to like the GE self steering type, since they are replacing them with the standard high-ad trucks on these rebuilds (and I've also noticed several ES44ACs in the 8700s have had truck swaps as well). 

I heard on another forum that only 1 unit (8100) was to be done by Erie (there's a video of it on Youtube), while the other 29 were supposedly going to be done at Forth Worth.

It's not that they don't like them. But they've done the math of keeping the STEER trucks versus changing them out for Hi-Ads, and the economics work out better for the Hi-Ads in the long run.

The first one is at Erie now, but I'll have to ask my friend where the rest will be done. I was under the understanding that they were going to be done at Juniata.

Dan

On 2017-11-19 at 10:13 AM, smallspy said:

The first one is at Erie now, but I'll have to ask my friend where the rest will be done. I was under the understanding that they were going to be done at Juniata.

Dan

8100 at Erie.  8101-8129 GE Forth Worth.  At least 8120, 8125 are painted (photo evidence).  They are going to wind up being delivered out of order.  Some of the first order of 9500's are now being prepped for rebuild to 8000 series.  AC44C6M is supposedly the new model designation.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:18 PM, GM5000 said:

8100 at Erie.  8101-8129 GE Forth Worth.  At least 8120, 8125 are painted (photo evidence).  They are going to wind up being delivered out of order.  Some of the first order of 9500's are now being prepped for rebuild to 8000 series.  AC44C6M is supposedly the new model designation.

EDIT: Model is supposedly AC4400CWM  (AC44C6M are the NS DC2AC converts).

Here are the CP Rail SD40-2 that are active

CP 5743 D Minnedosa,MB December 4 at 12:29pm
CP 5875 A Revelstoke,BC November 8
CP 5908 A Revelstoke,BC December 2
CP 5973 D Dunmore,AB December 4 at 14:33pm
CP 5987 D Coquitlam,BC December 4 at 13:14pm
CP 6017 A Dunmore,AB December 4 at 12:01pm
CP 6068 A Montana,AB December 4 at 08:38am
CP 6073 D Nahant,Iowa December 4 at 05:13am
CP 6045 A Alyth,AB November 22

I know the following image is not going to show CP units, but it is a consist operating for CP. Possibly CP is borrowing power or UP is paying back power hours.  I am not 100% sure on that though.

Photo captured at Chinook Station on the MacLeod Subdivision in S.E. Calgary on December 23, 2017.  Sorry for the back lit crap shot.

231217-0809up5550up5374.jpg

4 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I know the following image is not going to show CP units, but it is a consist operating for CP. Possibly CP is borrowing power or UP is paying back power hours.  I am not 100% sure on that though.

Photo captured at Chinook Station on the MacLeod Subdivision in S.E. Calgary on December 23, 2017.  Sorry for the back lit crap shot.

231217-0809up5550up5374.jpg

They just share the LOCOMOTIVE, Some time you can see CSX,NS,BNSF,CN,UP, those locomotive, because CP they just run what they get, but usually they should have a CP in the front.   

• Confused 3