Red herring for the recent SD90 announcement by EHH - only 4 were reactivated from the deadlines wayyyyy back in November 2013, and those 4 have been roaming since (except 9134 that went TU in March and was never fixed): 9108, 9134, 9142 & 9157.

All the others have been rusting away in the deadlines since 2012, minus the three that were scrapped: http://www.railpictures.ca/?attachment_id=16682

FYI, in addition to no more active GP9's, there's only 3 of the 25 SD40-2F "Red Barns" listed active now. One 5400 left, but it's out west.

http://www.cpr.ca/en/investors/credit-suisse-global-industrials-conference-2

listen to the podcast near the end you will hear about the SD9043MAC's .

As of Dec there was 3 GP9u's still on the roster 8249 working Alyth yard and 8220 and 8250 pair up working the yard in Winnipeg.

They have retired more then enough SD40-2's in the past few years to reuse some of the parts for them for this ECO order. Its either for 20 or 30 more SD30C-ECO's. (I do not have the info right in front of me as im at work now).

Its 30 more SD30C-ECO's

http://www.cpr.ca/en/investors/credit-suisse-global-industrials-conference-2

listen to the podcast near the end you will hear about the SD9043MAC's .

As of Dec there was 3 GP9u's still on the roster 8249 working Alyth yard and 8220 and 8250 pair up working the yard in Winnipeg.

Its 30 more SD30C-ECO's

I know all about the announcement to reactivate the SD90's. I was saying that those 4 being put back into service (nearly a year ago) wasn't a sign the others were coming back anytime soon.

Any idea if they are going to do what NS is doing and turn them into SD70ACe's?

When time permits NS will be doing that as for now since they are power short they will run as SD9043MAC's for the time being.

I know all about the announcement to reactivate the SD90's. I was saying that those 4 being put back into service (nearly a year ago) wasn't a sign the others were coming back anytime soon.

Looking back it made sense as they were no longer listed for sale and a buyer was not found.

Good. A welcomed small change to the constant bombardment of GE junk we see all the time. As for the new ECO order, I guess they'll be cutting up more SD40-2's for this..

If any thing like the Geeps they only reused the trucks

That black NRE loco is pretty nice!

Yeah I thought so too!

Here is a shot of CP 5989 and 6062 parked at the Alyth yard yesterday (April 25, 2014). Getting harder to find more than one locomotive together in the small Multi-mark livery nowadays.

250415-4773cp5989cp6062.jpg

250415-4773cp5989cp6062.jpg

post-143-0-06417400-1430031615_thumb.jpg

CP and UP rolling into Lambton Park in Edmonton this afternoon. Don't get to see much UP up here. 3733 ended up on the end of the train when it left Lambton Park.

37949290.f9eca004.800.jpg

CP with UP par Andrew Stott, on ipernity

Gee, I wonder why :rolleyes:

Hopefully with less Oil traffic, if there is a good grain crop this year it will not be sitting on the prairies this fall since CP will have the motive power

I noticed a lot of work being done at the cross over before Kipling GO station. Did they move the signals and the switches?

I also noticed that they replaced the Ties along the Area H Spur so i guess they plan on continuing to serve customers over the next few years?

CP is doing a number of upgrades along the Galt and North Toronto Subs.

Basically, an additional set of crossovers to permit movements to Track 1 from Track 3 heading west (and the opposite for east), thus moving the signals further east. An extension of Track 1 at Royal York to permit greater flexibility at the plant (they're basically going to replicate Dixie), and a new set of double crossovers for Osler, located just east of the existing single crossover (which will be removed).

Beyond that, I don't know what other upgrades are going on, but it's mainly to improve flexibility in operations.