CP Power

TheAverageJoe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

Any TIER 4 locomotive order form CP?

CP last new es44ac is in 2012.

CP has too much power then it needs right now. They spend money on the ECO's , SD60 rebuilds and GE rebuilds they should be fine for new year or two. Also depends how the economy does 

3 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

CP has too much power then it needs right now. They spend money on the ECO's , SD60 rebuilds and GE rebuilds they should be fine for new year or two. Also depends how the economy does 

In addition to that....

There are a number of rebuild programs that are currently scheduled for the next couple of years that will return some older, stored units back to service. Unless traffic goes up substantially, there really isn't a need to invest in brand new power.

Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

In addition to that....

There are a number of rebuild programs that are currently scheduled for the next couple of years that will return some older, stored units back to service. Unless traffic goes up substantially, there really isn't a need to invest in brand new power.

Dan

Yes I heard the stored AC4400's will go through rebuild

Sorry i just say is those EMD GP20C-ECO or EMD SD30C-ECO have almost 100% rebuild, they have nice cab and NEW AC motor and 710 engine, I like the EMD more than GE, I Don't like the GE engine sound.

If i am the boss, i will only buy EMD SD70ACE/T4, or i order a GE locomotive, but i put a EMD engine in. 

18 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Yes I heard the stored AC4400's will go through rebuild

Yup, some of the older 9500s - a couple of them have already been outshopped.

The more interesting one will be the on-again, off-again, on-again impending rebuild of the 90MACs - and whether they actually follow through with it.

Dan

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

Yup, some of the older 9500s - a couple of them have already been outshopped.

The more interesting one will be the on-again, off-again, on-again impending rebuild of the 90MACs - and whether they actually follow through with it.

Dan

Depends how desperate Progress Rail/EMD get and make try and make CP a crazy deal to rebuild them into SD70ACe's for CP or if NS will want to take them off of CP's hands if they can get them at the right price point to convert them. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I have a Question, Does 8100's will be the CP AC4400CW rebuild unit? Some one show me there picture's, they have a new CAB.

Last I heard 30 AC4400CWs will be rebuilt and renumbered 8100-8129 by GE. The cab, and some of the electrical systems are being replaced, alongside a few other items such as engine work. It's fairly similar to what NS has been doing with their Dash 9s.

• Thanks 1