YRT/Viva New Vehicle Deliveries

cmc12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

2105 has finally reached revenue service. Last tracked position was on the 96 Keele-Yonge on March 2nd. 

This completes the batch of XE40 buses. The other outstanding order is the 11 replacement articulated buses to replace the remaining 2008 AG300 buses.

Thanks Gamer Studios on the YRT/Viva thread for noting this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, tommike said:

they have something new add to new gflyer electric buses, there something on inside windsheild and black out side by rear?

I have no idea what you're referring to, and it's very unclear even what you are trying to refer to. Also, what is a "new gflyer"? I'm not aware of YRT having any "gflyer" vehicles in their fleet.

BTW, this is supposed to be a thread for "New Vehicle Deliveries", meaning vehicles that have either just been delivered, or are entering service for the first time. It's not for changes to buses that are already part of the fleet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw a couple of 60 Footers headed east on Interstate 69 in Michigan headed towards Port Huron, Sarnia and beyond. Sunday 8/7. Can’t get numbers easily driving a bus at 65mph in the opposite direction. Sorry.

1 hour ago, G.A said:

Interesting that they have steered away from electrics for this order.

Another bus fan speculated 2201 and 2202 are XE40s.

According to a supposedly YRT bus fan veteran Joseph Jefferson Cowdrey

2201-2202 are slated as XE40s
2203-2206 are slated as XD40s
2241-2248 are slated as XD60s
No description available.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

@H4 5600 You may laugh react but that's apparently according to a TOK Supervisor. That's what Cowdrey told us.

He's not a reliable source.

Same with anything that is just heard from a random driver or supervisor. BTW, because YRT contracts out operations, the drivers and supervisors don't work for the same company that orders the buses, and there's a couple layers of separation from the front-line staff and the admin/office staff. So rumours and wrong info can happen often.

Let's wait until we have a more firm source of info before assuming what the fleet numbers for this year's orders will be. There are going to be XE40, XD40, XD60, LFS Artic (for Viva), and potentially Mobility Plus cutaways, so lots of vehicles to fit into 99 digits. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Articulated said:

He's not a reliable source.

Same with anything that is just heard from a random driver or supervisor. BTW, because YRT contracts out operations, the drivers and supervisors don't work for the same company that orders the buses, and there's a couple layers of separation from the front-line staff and the admin/office staff. So rumours and wrong info can happen often.

Let's wait until we have a more firm source of info before assuming what the fleet numbers for this year's orders will be. There are going to be XE40, XD40, XD60, LFS Artic (for Viva), and potentially Mobility Plus cutaways, so lots of vehicles to fit into 99 digits. 

But most YRT new deliveries go through TOK. SW is TOK operated. The 2015 units were delivered there and prepped before spreading to Southeast.

A 40 footer that I was unable to turn my head quick enough for a number as well as 60 footers 2249 and 2250 were headed towards the border at Port Huron today. Seen in the same general area as the ones from the other day in Michigan.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ns8401 said:

A 40 footer that I was unable to turn my head quick enough for a number as well as 60 footers 2249 and 2250 were headed towards the border at Port Huron today. Seen in the same general area as the ones from the other day in Michigan.

2250 was spotted as a hotel in Cambridge.