YRT/Viva New Vehicle Deliveries

3 hours ago, Ber said:

any news on the LFSes? NFI has delivered their share of their electric buses but nothing yet from Nova.

Nova has delivered, I know of one for sure that’s been in operator training ( 1922 ) and it is in a special electric bus scheme, I’m unaware if there’s more delivered in YRT livery or special 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

From a Facebook post: Someone confirmed that there are two XE40 units in production at New Flyer's manufacturing facility. Seeing the photo of one unit on social media. Can't see the unit number very well in the photo other than it looks completed on the outside ready for delivery. 

Two units are supposed to be delivered in the fall it looks like.

On 8/19/2021 at 3:56 AM, GTAmissions1 said:

From a Facebook post: Someone confirmed that there are two XE40 units in production at New Flyer's manufacturing facility. Seeing the photo of one unit on social media. Can't see the unit number very well in the photo other than it looks completed on the outside ready for delivery. 

Two units are supposed to be delivered in the fall it looks like.

According to another Facebook post, 2101 has entered service, it is indeed a 2021 New Flyer XE40- it did route 55 this evening

39 minutes ago, Joshuamumble said:

According to another Facebook post, 2101 has entered service, it is indeed a 2021 New Flyer XE40- it did route 55 this evening

Can verify via Transsee that it is correct that 2101 is in-service along with 1914. Can confirm the social media post showing the photo of 2101. 

Routes 44 Bristol and 55 Davis are the two routes that operate electric buses. Right now, there aren't any plans to expand beyond the two routes. 

1 hour ago, SpadinaAve2134 said:

Have all of the 21xx XE40s arrived yet? There were photos on Facebook where a few of them were parked at the New Flyer Plant in Crookston, and also someone spotted a Nova on a flatbed a few days ago.

The Nova was 1921.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SpadinaAve2134 said:

Have all of the 21xx XE40s arrived yet? There were photos on Facebook where a few of them were parked at the New Flyer Plant in Crookston, and also someone spotted a Nova on a flatbed a few days ago.

Only one that has been confirmed to be put into revenue service is 2101 as of August 25th. The other units are still in the process of delivery. Once they install the fare box and Presto along with other internals, they will put it into revenue service when needed. 

Three electric buses are in revenue service during peak periods. One on 44 Bristol and two on 55 Davis Drive. 

The other delivery is the 11 Nova LFS articulated buses which will replace the 11 Van Hool AG300 buses numbered 8201 to 8211. None have been delivered or put into revenue service that I am aware of. The AG300 are still used on Purple currently. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Joshuamumble said:

Not my photo but 2105 has been built and is awaiting delivery (credit to the owner)

244222985_1014317366030916_1812957679305857857_n.png?width=812&height=609

And I thought it was four units based on the highest reported at 2104. Thanks for sharing photo proof regarding 2105.

2101 is still the only new unit in-service. No info regarding the other units which are not tracking yet. 

I've heard from other sources that there were 6 XE40 units expected for this year (so 2101-2106). They are supposed to be "long-range" eBuses with extended battery life, hence why we're seeing it deployed on longer routes like the 50 and 96; the first order (1911-1914) were "short-range" buses that require on-route charging after a few hours of service, which is why they are only assigned to short routes like the 44, 55, and 56, and more recently to other rush-hour runs that are only out in service for 2-3 hours.

Despite a couple of people complaining, I have purposefully not made a Wiki page for the new units until the full fleet range is determined. YRT has an unfortunate tendency in recent years of having a different number of buses show up than what was initially ordered or approved in Council reports. It's just more annoying in this case because, unusually for YRT, one pilot bus arrived well in advance of the rest of the order.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 11:05 PM, Articulated said:

I've heard from other sources that there were 6 XE40 units expected for this year (so 2101-2106). They are supposed to be "long-range" eBuses with extended battery life, hence why we're seeing it deployed on longer routes like the 50 and 96

For a minute I thought some whining whiner was going to get non-hand-me-downs on 50 BURNHAMTHORPE.

Then reality presented itself. ?

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

2105 has finally reached revenue service. Last tracked position was on the 96 Keele-Yonge on March 2nd. 

This completes the batch of XE40 buses. The other outstanding order is the 11 replacement articulated buses to replace the remaining 2008 AG300 buses.

Thanks Gamer Studios on the YRT/Viva thread for noting this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, tommike said:

they have something new add to new gflyer electric buses, there something on inside windsheild and black out side by rear?

I have no idea what you're referring to, and it's very unclear even what you are trying to refer to. Also, what is a "new gflyer"? I'm not aware of YRT having any "gflyer" vehicles in their fleet.

BTW, this is supposed to be a thread for "New Vehicle Deliveries", meaning vehicles that have either just been delivered, or are entering service for the first time. It's not for changes to buses that are already part of the fleet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...