YRT/Viva New Vehicle Deliveries

On 2/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, newflyerinvero said:

If this is the wrong thread to post this, apologies on advance.

I'm aware of an articulated order if XD60s, but I'm unsure of when they're scheduled to be arriving and for which division(s?)

It is possible to deliver to SouthWest and BRT division (yes this means transferring 91 to BRT) .

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 12:45 AM, Tom1122 said:

Has YRT made any plans for when the electric buses will enter service.

Since these buses are based out of Newmarket, I have a hunch they'll be used on Route 55 Davis.

I've heard the same thing that they might be on the 55. To when they go out. They still have to train drivers and mechanics.

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2020 at 10:22 PM, Joshuamumble said:

2001 is at Southwest as per this Instagram post (delivered in April)- this is a 2020 New Flyer XD60:

Are they expected to replace the Van Hools artics?  From what I understand they were reconditioned only a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, sdgta2008 said:

Are they expected to replace the Van Hools artics?  From what I understand they were reconditioned only a couple of years ago.

"Reconditioned" is not the correct word. The buses were converted for regular service with the absolute minimum amount of (mostly cosmetic) work done to replace the branding, such as an exterior repaint, recovered seats, installation of a farebox, and replacement of any fleet number stickers. There were no mechanical overhauls, structural work, or other interior work that would qualify as a "rebuild"; some buses still had loose and dirty interior panels on their first days in conventional service.

These buses were basically converted as a stop-gap measure to improve capacity on conventional routes in response to growing ridership without increasing the budget. Now that the artics-on-conventional-routes experiment has proven successful, they are ordering new artics to replace the absolutely worn-out Van Hools. From someone who rides them daily (pre-COVID-19) to and from work, I cannot wait to say good riddance to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

"Reconditioned" is not the correct word. The buses were converted for regular service with the absolute minimum amount of (mostly cosmetic) work done to replace the branding, such as an exterior repaint, recovered seats, installation of a farebox, and replacement of any fleet number stickers. There were no mechanical overhauls, structural work, or other interior work that would qualify as a "rebuild"; some buses still had loose and dirty interior panels on their first days in conventional service.

These buses were basically converted as a stop-gap measure to improve capacity on conventional routes in response to growing ridership without increasing the budget. Now that the artics-on-conventional-routes experiment has proven successful, they are ordering new artics to replace the absolutely worn-out Van Hools. From someone who rides them daily (pre-COVID-19) to and from work, I cannot wait to say good riddance to them.

I'm surprised they lasted 15 years without any rebuild. MiWay retires them at 12 years and Ottawa has to rebuild or retire them at 12 years.

29 minutes ago, Articulated said:

They received their midlife refurb in 2011-2012, while still in Viva service.

Oh right. Forgot about that.

That also means they should still keep the 07/08 AG300s for backup use.

6 hours ago, Ber said:

pretty surprised by their unexpected arrival. Not even the wiki page has them listed as future orders.

On that note, have the electric buses all arrived yet?

Sometimes they're wiki does not get updated all the time. So far the New Flyer electrics have arrived and an electric Nova was spotted at the factory.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, VanHool A330 #508 said:

NFI XD60 #2007 has arrived in BRT division.

I believe all of the XD60s are being delivered to BRT division for acceptance before being sent to their final division (in 2007's case, highly likely it will go to SW).

Better question, although off-topic, why is there a coach parked inside OMSF?

On 5/3/2020 at 7:40 PM, Orion V said:

I'm surprised they lasted 15 years without any rebuild. MiWay retires them at 12 years and Ottawa has to rebuild or retire them at 12 years.

More like 10-12 years for Mississauga

7 hours ago, Articulated said:

I believe all of the XD60s are being delivered to BRT division for acceptance before being sent to their final division (in 2007's case, highly likely it will go to SW).

Better question, although off-topic, why is there a coach parked inside OMSF?

Not really, 2001-2004 were delivered directly to SW division. 2007 was prepared to sent on Route 90. About that coach, that’s TOK’s coach, maybe they just sent to here for maintenance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...