YRT/Viva New Vehicle Deliveries

On 9/4/2017 at 11:51 AM, Viva5113 said:

They always use 40ft on purple in weekends/holidays.

Yeah, they do, probably it might be entirely 60ft after the subway extension opens.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:59 AM, anyfong said:

Awesome. Thank you.

I see 1770 is on Blue today. No artics on Purple, as Labour Day is weekend schedule.

I thought they are suppose to enter service when the subway extension opens but they did it early.

1 hour ago, ONQCBusFan said:

Do you now how many YRT is getting?

Not at all. I could determine 1621 will be highest 16xx fleet by speaking with staff, however as only 1701 is in service for while, I can't say words about it, While I passed on keele street, bunch parked at back of southwest yard.

• Root Admin
On 2017-09-17 at 6:03 PM, Viva5113 said:

No for now.

There is a contract with nova, which ending this year. Let's see how it goes next year.

That contract ended earlier this year. A new contract has been awarded yet again to Nova Bus. York Region has opted out of the Metrolinx TPI program. Their latest tender results came back with New Flyer having the lowest cost for the new buses being ordered for this year. We will have to wait and see what happens and who wins it.

Until you know your actual facts, stop posting nonsense. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jan Boic said:

That contract ended earlier this year. A new contract has been awarded yet again to Nova Bus. York Region has opted out of the Metrolinx TPI program. Their latest tender results came back with New Flyer having the lowest cost for the new buses being ordered for this year. We will have to wait and see what happens and who wins it.

Until you know your actual facts, stop posting nonsense. 

Okay.

(I knew untill TPI was ended and   YR opted out  but..)

----

And there are two new buses entered service today.

1702 - 13

1703 - 88

5 minutes ago, Chris W said:

1715 is out on 98/99.

Also, were the Orions quietly retired?

307 and 309 are the only active Orion Vs left. I spotted one of them on the 300 earlier this week, so they are indeed still running, just less frequently.

Please be careful with your sightings, as 98/99 is a Southeast route, while 98 is a North route. 1715 has already been spotted by @Viva5113 operating out of North division.

• Like 1