YRT/Viva New Vehicle Deliveries

I drove by Can-Ar this morning. 2009 ElDorado EZ Rider MAX 991, 994, & 995 are now sitting at the Northeast corner of the Can-Ar parking lot! I couldn't see if they have been plated yet. They can be seen from Locke Street.

991.JPG991_995.JPG

The front fleet numbers are more bolded than those on their 8xx counterparts.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be of interest (at Prevost near Quebec City)...  

2001 is at Southwest as per this Instagram post (delivered in April)- this is a 2020 New Flyer XD60:  

The XD60s out of BRT Division are starting to enter service very quickly... 2014 and 2017 were out for afternoon rush hour today, both first day in revenue service.

Posted Images

aww man i was getting excited cuz i thought the NFI 9xx were arriving...

My guess is that theres no change from last year right?

btw how many of each did they order for this year?

I have it down as 18 D40LFs at least and 12 EZRs for this year.

Don't know why they're numbered 99x though...

Since you haven't seemed to pay any attention the the buses from previous years (:blink:) they are part of the Mobility Plus fleet and will be used for community routes.

Seems like you haven't either, the ELFs from 2003 and 2004 were numbered 38x and 48x respectively. Only the 2005 order (59x) was like 'this', because the D40LFs filled the 58x category.

Plus, YRT still uses ELFs for MobilityPlus - they wouldn't override the ELF numbering for regular buses to be used on Community routes.

Seems like you haven't either, the ELFs from 2003 and 2004 were numbered 38x and 48x respectively. Only the 2005 order (59x) was like 'this', because the D40LFs filled the 58x category.

Plus, YRT still uses ELFs for MobilityPlus - they wouldn't override the ELF numbering for regular buses to be used on Community routes.

Just wait until you hear the full story.

Just wait until you hear the full story.

Looking at this... http://www.york.ca/NR/rdonlyres/stu3z5ar42...rpt+1+cls+5.pdf

Page 4 said that there was an earlier contract approval for 7 EZRs, which I assume is this order. Judging by the numberings cmc12 showed, I'm gonna assume Can-Ar is getting all 7. And since Can-Ar operates 522 and 589, you might be right these EZRs would be used in community routes...(though I SURE hope not).

I think that using 30 foot buses on Community Routes might be a good start. I remember me and Orion VIII riding the 520/521 up in Newmarket, and the bus had a full seated load (we even had to stand to let people who needed seats sit down). Not to mention a full ELF makes for a cramped bus...

If we're on the topic about Community Buses, IMO the day that they all become 30ft is when Can-Ar should stop operating them all. 520/521 can be picked up by First Student, 522 and possibly 589 can be picked up by Miller.

Personally, the only reason that they're currently operated by Can-Ar is because they use ELFs.

If we're on the topic about Community Buses, IMO the day that they all become 30ft is when Can-Ar should stop operating them all. 520/521 can be picked up by First Student, 522 and possibly 589 can be picked up by Miller.

Personally, the only reason that they're currently operated by Can-Ar is because they use ELFs.

If YRT really wanted the community routes to be based out of different garages, then why didn't they just get on with it and move the ELF's around?

Me thinks there's a different reason...

If YRT really wanted the community routes to be based out of different garages, then why didn't they just get on with it and move the ELF's around?

Me thinks there's a different reason...

The ELFs need to be based out of Can-Ar, which is where MobilityPlus is based out of. ELFs rotate between the Community Buses and MobilityPlus service, just like any regular bus rotates between routes.

from my sources those 99x series EZ Riders are for community bus routes only, which would make sense as to why can-ar got them all. the seats inside the bus at the front run along the wall instead of facing forward and apparantley there is a rear door wheel chair ramp.

The fleet # I got so far is from 991-995 as 5 have delivered, and yes they are strictly for Community Bus, although you never know it may end up running for reg. routes all depending what bus is available for service.

Can-ar end up the entire contract for the Mobility service.

As of the seats, no it's the same thing like your 2008 order. Difference on the new EZ-Rider Max are:

• Fire Suppression
  • Perimeter seating
  • Front and Rear ramp
  • Smaller pushbar

However, I've been told 5 of them but I'll wait for the other 2 on Monday to see if they are coming. Surprisedly, they are license but no farebox and INIT system install yet.

I think that using 30 foot buses on Community Routes might be a good start. I remember me and Orion VIII riding the 520/521 up in Newmarket, and the bus had a full seated load (we even had to stand to let people who needed seats sit down). Not to mention a full ELF makes for a cramped bus...

And the route 589 as well so they can stop borrowing the 619-621, 623 series as well.

The fleet # I got so far is from 991-995 as 5 have delivered, and yes they are strictly for Community Bus, although you never know it may end up running for reg. routes all depending what bus is available for service.

I can also confirm that 992 & 993 are parked at the back of Can-Ar near the bus wash entrance with 567.

I can also confirm that 992 & 993 are parked at the back of Can-Ar near the bus wash entrance with 567.

As I said, all 5 of them have delivered as I wrote down the fleet #.

Sweet, interesting twist to see the EZ Rider order go for Mobility Plus. Wonder if this is a result of an increase in service or demand?

Currently, they are using the 2006 EZ-Rider right now. Before back, they had Orion II then ELF.