Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMS

Ottawa Section Posting Etiquette

12 posts in this topic

Attention Ottawa posters:

The CPTDB is not to be used for off-topic posting or instant messaging chit-chat within threads. Offending posts will be erased. All posters are encouraged to use the private messaging function for personal communication. Please stay on topic and remain professional in your posts. This in turn encourages fruitful and enlightened discussion. Thank you for considering these points.

SMS on behalf of the CPTDB admin

Attention Ottawa posters:

The CPTDB is not to be used for off-topic posting or instant messaging chit-chat within threads. Offending posts will be erased. All posters are encouraged to use the private messaging function for personal communication. Please stay on topic and remain professional in your posts. This in turn encourages fruitful and enlightened discussion. Thank you for considering these points.

SMS on behalf of the CPTDB admin

Thank you, about time this happened!

All violations should be reported to us by using the report function.

A polite reminder of the Terms of Use

* Any user account found violating these conditions of use will be immediately deactivated for seven days. An email will be sent to the address on file explaining the rationale for the ban.

* Repeat offenses will result in a permanent ban from the discussion board.

* Appeals may be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We have noticed flare ups in the Ottawa section as of late. We will use our discretion in the future for immediate action with regard to suspensions and bans as we see fit. Note that we have the right to refuse appeals for certain problematic members.

In short - post smart, and if you have something personal to say, use the PM function. As always reported posts are welcome.

An important word from the administration

We have recently received a concerned complaint from a former OC Transpo employee with regard to posting the day's bus placement and run guide. This type of information should be divulged on a need-to-know basis, and in order to uphold the board's integrity and standing in the community, we would wish for posters to cease the uploading of run guides for the day. Obviously, it is not in our best interests to antagonize OC Transpo and to give them further reason to suspect and/or harass transit fans.

All other threads, for sightings and so on, are still welcome of course.

Thank you for your cooperation.

SMS on behalf of the admins

The existence of this thread is a pretty good indication that there are some big issues here.

Recently there has been a rash of reported posts about off-topic posts from various users. Please, keep on topic. If someone is going off-topic, just report the post and move on with your life. If you feel compelled to write a response, you are going off-topic yourself, and are getting nowhere.

I've personally cleaned up some of the threads by editing and deleting some posts.

There obviously are personal conflicts between members too. If you don't want to see the user's posts altogether, just use the Ignore User function. Save yourself and everyone else some trouble.

Again, any user causing issues will be subject to a 7 day suspension, followed by a permanent ban. We appreciate your co-operation.

It doesn't seem as bad in other sections but I think (IMO) this thread should be a heads up to the entire board...

It doesn't seem as bad in other sections but I think (IMO) this thread should be a heads up to the entire board...

Well, if you have read some of the much older posting and going through the other group board, there has been trouble at times! The mods are doing well and I'm happy about it!

Alongside with posting etiquette, there needs to be a major overhaul in this thread's organisation. A new thread is not needed for every single little topic when a number of topics I look at could simply be merged into other topics. May I suggest the creation of a new "Miscellaneous OC Transpo and STO Questions" topic to prevent more of this?

Alongside with posting etiquette, there needs to be a major overhaul in this thread's organisation. A new thread is not needed for every single little topic when a number of topics I look at could simply be merged into other topics. May I suggest the creation of a new "Miscellaneous OC Transpo and STO Questions" topic to prevent more of this?

Agreed, it seems like, whenever their is news relating to LRT, or transit in Ottawa people are just starting new threads instead of putting it in one thread (like my OC Transpo Info, News, etc... thread maybe? (and possibly that should be renamed) )

Recently we have witness a lack of respect in this section, particularly with petty bickering that could otherwise be discussed privately.

With the amount of reports, we have chosen to take action and we have suspended offending parties.

We look forward to welcoming the suspended members back, and we hope that discussions will be fruitful and lively but above all respectful.

Further infractions will result in permanent bans.

Thanks for your cooperation.

SMS on behalf of the CPTDB Administration

OK so J.Kearns and Canadian National are banned. We have given them considerable leeway and they continued to make light of what we admins stand for, and so they were made example of.

In short, no etiquette, no posting rights.

Your compliance is appreciated. SMS