OC Transpo Content

Canadian National

Corrected upon further research. Thanks!
I guess I haven't been into the OC Transpo WIKI in quite awhile and didn't notice that 8704-8708 were listed as D800B's. But yes, that is correct, they are D800's. On that note, I added in the drivetrain info for both the D800 and D800B models those and the D700A's. However, I guess there is no info added to the WIKI about the Spicer Transmissions, so that link is red. I do not know enough about those transmissions to make a page for them. So if anyone does, that would be greatly appreciated.

Next item: Bus #8816 is noted as a 01.504 which is a 35 foot Orion I. Now, I heard years ago that only this bus was a 35 footer while the rest were 30's. But I have still yet to see any photos of this bus and I would absolutely love to see one. There just has to be someone in the ottawa area that would have tracked down that bus to photograph it at the time it was active.

Now, a bit more info on the OC Orion I fleet. All the pre-1982 would have been Detroit Diesel 6V53 engines. But one thing I have never been 100% sure of is what the proper model designation was for those engines. I have seen them noted around the web as 6V53, 6V53N and 6V53T. To my knowledge, I have never heard of the 6V53 being available with turbo so that should rule out the model being a 6V53T. So I believe they would have been model 6V53 or 6V53N. I await corrections on my post! :-) . The reason I brought this up is because on the OC WIKI, I noticed that the Orion I's were listed with 6V53N but had a question mark after the model name which leads me to believe that the engine model is being questioned.

Just noticed something else on the OC Wiki page. The GMC Old Looks (TDH-4512's, TDH-5105's) are not Detroit Diesel 6V71N engines. They are the straight inline Detroit Diesel 6-71's. Not a V model at all. But I have not edited that as I do not know the correct coding for that engine either. I have seen them as 6/71 and 6-71 for the model, but not sure which one is correct.

Next item: Bus #8816 is noted as a 01.504 which is a 35 foot Orion I. Now, I heard years ago that only this bus was a 35 footer while the rest were 30's. But I have still yet to see any photos of this bus and I would absolutely love to see one.

Me too.

Now, a bit more info on the OC Orion I fleet. All the pre-1982 would have been Detroit Diesel 6V53 engines. But one thing I have never been 100% sure of is what the proper model designation was for those engines. I have seen them noted around the web as 6V53, 6V53N and 6V53T. To my knowledge, I have never heard of the 6V53 being available with turbo so that should rule out the model being a 6V53T. So I believe they would have been model 6V53 or 6V53N. I await corrections on my post! :-) . The reason I brought this up is because on the OC WIKI, I noticed that the Orion I's were listed with 6V53N but had a question mark after the model name which leads me to believe that the engine model is being questioned.

I've left it at 6V53? until other info is available.

Just noticed something else on the OC Wiki page. The GMC Old Looks (TDH-4512's, TDH-5105's) are not Detroit Diesel 6V71N engines. They are the straight inline Detroit Diesel 6-71's. Not a V model at all. But I have not edited that as I do not know the correct coding for that engine either. I have seen them as 6/71 and 6-71 for the model, but not sure which one is correct.

6-71 seems to be the one I see the most and have corrected it as such.

This brings the next item up... Does anyone have a rear shot of a 1982 or 1983 OC Transpo Orion I ?

Drat! Now I'm kicking myself because 8390 sat behind the St. Laurent garage for years and I didn't think of getting a rear shot... :)

IIRC, all the 88xx Orion I buses had rear windows with square corners while the 82xx and 83xx rear windows had rounded corners. Also, all the Orion I buses had the same engine and transmission combo, or at least they sounded the same to my ears. That went for 8816 as well as I rode it a few times but it was retired long before I started taking bus photos.

I *might* have a rear shot as I do like getting rear shots and front shots (or did back in the day, not so much anymore) and I do remember photographing the Orion I that was sitting at St. Laurent. But I do not have access to the photos at the moment.

In case people don't notice, (which it will be hard not to) I upgraded the navigation template and the Infobox on the main page into the new "OC" sweep.

I will also be putting the STO box in it and the route pages, but I am going to wait since I plan to make multi-coloured "Sweeps" for those.

Reason I did this as I thought it was about time we add some personalization to the OC page, especially since the style we had dates back to when the wiki was created (which OC didn't have a specific style back then), and OC introduced this style in September 2009, so this is the reasoning behind it.

This and I went on wikipedia today and noticed we had the same styles as them. This made me want to try to put our templates into the new style.

I plan to expand this to all our wiki pages eventually, after I make multi-coloured versions.

• 12 years later...