OC Transpo Content

Canadian National

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just for the record, I am going to be adding alot of former routes, for routes that have been cancelled and revived as a different route (route 45, which was cancelled or renumbered again), I will just be creating doubles with a different description, unless there is any other ideas. But I think each route in it's different recreations deserve their own pages.

Route 45 will be the only one I will do for now.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Any interest in having old (1969) individual route maps on here? I have some in my collection that I could scan. I'm not sure how to format them all etc for the wiki so I would leave that to someone else.
I especially would be interested, as I've been trying to put some historical info on there, but me, lacking the time and resources (both combined, as it takes time to go to the archives and stuff to get the resources), I haven't been able to put much on there.

Btw that would probably best go under the Ottawa Transit Commission vs the Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission, since obviously that would of been the OTC, and we currently have route links on the page there that is currently not even started. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated by me and probably alot of other people as well.

Also just a reminder when uploading images and creating new pages, the "route" part must be lowercase as per the naming guildlines, I have forgotten that a few times (later fixed it). I'd hate to see someone else make that mistake and have to spend a fair chunk of time having to correct it, like I had to. It's quite a pain having to redo everything.

Anyway, on the topic of routes and such, I noticed on the OC website, that most of the 600 routes got eliminated (only 20 remain, with 1 new one, total of 21), and now on the maps of the schools, they show the school trips as modified regular routes. So I was thinking we should devote a section towards these "Branches" (and give them their own page for the school part) and just put a quick blurb under the branch section of the regular routes. I have done a demostration of this for route 93 servicing Bell High School for a example. Both pages link to each other. But the 93 School page shows the school map, just like the old 600 routes were shown and is just devoted towards the school portion of it.

I think since the 600 routes had their own pages, I think the school branches deserve just as much importance, since OC shows them as just as important as of Sept 4. I also would perfer to keep the unrelivent school information off of the regular route pages except for a short mention in the branch section. Some of the routes as well, are like their own route dispite being numbered as a regular route. Like in Orleans, look at the Cairine Wilson routs for example, past Place D'Orleans, they don't even follow close to their regular route, nor they even enter Place D'Orleans. Just as a example. And maybe put under the route template that I have added on most pages, "1-199" in the school section, since we could probably place all these branches onto one page.

Like prior to Sept 4, OC didn't even show those kinds of trips on the school maps, but now they do, which is why I think they should be just as important as the 600s, just with regular route numbers vs a 600 number.

I am willing to do all the work related to this btw (and would appreciate it if I just did the work so I know which schools are done), but it might take a few weeks since I am using a laggy computer that can't handle too much at once and I do have a life outside of this. But with a change of this scale, I think we should do that. Also I was planning on formating the 1-199 School page in the same format as I have done to the current 600 route page to make it easier to read what school it goes to and such. This way we continue keep school stuff seperate from the regular transit system on the wiki.

Louis Reil btw is the only school to not lose a single route so far from my discovery.

I thought I would ask prior to doing it to see what people think about this.

Okay, I have them scanned and I will upload them at school.
I decided to help you out by creating a route 1 page to show kinda what to do, and if you are uploading in any image format than gif, be sure to change it on the route page prior to uploading, as right now it is set for gif images.

The page I did is just a copy and paste from the OC route 1 with obvious modifications. But generally all you got to do is just copy and paste all the pages when uploading (and do obvious changes) and I think we can take care of the rest.

Also just a reminder when uploading images and creating new pages, the "route" part must be lowercase as per the naming guildlines, I have forgotten that a few times (later fixed it). I'd hate to see someone else make that mistake and have to spend a fair chunk of time having to correct it, like I had to. It's quite a pain having to redo everything.

Let me know if the title needs changing, I'm able to do that.

Anyway, on the topic of routes and such, I noticed on the OC website, that most of the 600 routes got eliminated (only 20 remain, with 1 new one, total of 21), and now on the maps of the schools, they show the school trips as modified regular routes. So I was thinking we should devote a section towards these "Branches" (and give them their own page for the school part) and just put a quick blurb under the branch section of the regular routes. I have done a demostration of this for route 93 servicing Bell High School for a example. Both pages link to each other. But the 93 School page shows the school map, just like the old 600 routes were shown and is just devoted towards the school portion of it.

I think since the 600 routes had their own pages, I think the school branches deserve just as much importance, since OC shows them as just as important as of Sept 4. I also would perfer to keep the unrelivent school information off of the regular route pages except for a short mention in the branch section. Some of the routes as well, are like their own route dispite being numbered as a regular route. Like in Orleans, look at the Cairine Wilson routs for example, past Place D'Orleans, they don't even follow close to their regular route, nor they even enter Place D'Orleans. Just as a example. And maybe put under the route template that I have added on most pages, "1-199" in the school section, since we could probably place all these branches onto one page.

Like prior to Sept 4, OC didn't even show those kinds of trips on the school maps, but now they do, which is why I think they should be just as important as the 600s, just with regular route numbers vs a 600 number.

I am willing to do all the work related to this btw (and would appreciate it if I just did the work so I know which schools are done), but it might take a few weeks since I am using a laggy computer that can't handle too much at once and I do have a life outside of this. But with a change of this scale, I think we should do that. Also I was planning on formating the 1-199 School page in the same format as I have done to the current 600 route page to make it easier to read what school it goes to and such. This way we continue keep school stuff seperate from the regular transit system on the wiki.

Louis Reil btw is the only school to not lose a single route so far from my discovery.

I thought I would ask prior to doing it to see what people think about this.

I'm in support of you doing that. :lol:

Let me know if the title needs changing, I'm able to do that.
Alright, though for now, I think we're fine, but the page names for routes 1-19 have a capital letter at the beginning if you want to take care of them. I think I can modify most of the links on the actual pages as I do want to make it easier to navigate (which is why I have been adding templates).
I'm in support of you doing that. ;)
Alright! :lol: I'll get started tomorrow as I am just about to fall asleep.

Also for multiple "Branches" like the 135, which services 4 schools (É. S. Béatrices-Desloges, Cairine Wilson High School, Colonel By/Gloucester, É. S. Gisèle-Lalonde), I was planning on doing a seperate page for each, with like the title "route 135 Gisèle-Lalonde School", since it puts the name of the school to keep it seperate, and it has School (doesn't matter if it's french, catholic or public, no two schools have same name) after to denote the "School" branch.

And btw, I just found that out now, as I knew the 135 serviced at least two schools, but looking further into it, and now it has school specials to 4 (5 if you include Gloucester, but those two I will include together since OC does). I would understand just 2 different "branches" but 4, that would be alot of maps & info on one page.

I would just like to say the Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission O-Train (LRT) page can be completely deleted (as it just redirects to the Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission O-Train page). I have made everything that links to it link to the new page, therefore it is not required anymore.

I don't know how to submit pages for deletion on the wiki so I thought I'd post that here.

P.S. also Template:Otttawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission Routes can be completely deleted as well, as nothing uses it. As well as Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission 153 and Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission Confederation Heights Station and Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission 4201-02 and Société de transport de l'Outaouais 0901-0925.

These pages I found while cleaning out. I cut and pasted them to the properly named pages, so now are rendered useless: OC Transpo C1-C3 and OC Transpo 5101 and OC Transpo 5931 and Template:OC Transpo Fleet.

As you can tell, I am attempting to do a cleanup of redirecting pages by first correcting everything that links to them. All pages I have listed I have checked and corrected using the "What links here" tool.

Btw, just from my personal opinion, I don't really like the "Redirecting" pages, as I find that is a quick fix to a problem. If your going to fix a problem, do it right. That is my own 2 cents on that. But again, that is just my personal opinion.

I don't know how to submit pages for deletion on the wiki so I thought I'd post that here.

PM me what needs to be deleted.

I've also got some information on the old sightseeing trips they used to do, should we have that on the wiki?

Sure. I think its relevant.

I decided to try out something new, by reformating the route pages to that similiar to the "24 Victoria Park" page from the TTC, but in OC form (since that is used as a example). This is what I did:

Route 7

Route 6

Route 90

Route 90 also lacks a route map, since I failed to find anything online since that route didn't last very long, so if anyone happens to have grabbed a timetable from that period, and could scan it. Then that would solve that.

(Btw I never knew we ever had a route 90 until I came across it while trying to get exact dates on when the 6 was made a peak period route for a short while, so I figured I would add it to the Wiki and make it my sample express page)

Oh and as for the school routes, I find the old formating suits them better, so I think we should keep them the same.

(Btw, this is Post #1000 in the "CPTDB - Wiki Discussion" section of the board)

• 2 weeks later...