Car 4445 was involved in a collision around midnight last night at King & University.

I happened to be in the area at the time. At least superficially, the front-end damage seems about the same as that on 4413 back in July 2016, but unlike that collision, 4445 also went off the tracks this time around.

Also, if anyone is curious, prototype 4401 has yet to be picked up by CP. It was still at Hillcrest yesterday evening.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I figure here's as good a place as any. I spent the last week or so recreating John Bromley's map of the streetcar network, as of February 13, 1945. Was unquest

I've heard rumours they are planning on 4-digit Arabic numerals this time.

It isn't a joint. The rail itself is fine.   The issue is with a concrete slab within the track allowance on the west side of the Don River Bridge. They found that it would move 2 to 3 inche

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ttc rider said:

Also, if anyone is curious, prototype 4401 has yet to be picked up by CP. It was still at Hillcrest yesterday evening.

They did not. Apparently CP had issues last night and had to bypass Hillcrest.

3 minutes ago, skyfirenet said:

I wonder if the one used on 4000 still exists.

Probably hasn't in 40 years.

Dan

Hypothetical: TTC don’t drag their feet on Leslie Barns and it’s open for business before the first Flexity arrives. Decision made to use the Harbour Lead to deliver the Fs there (or at least TTC Lakeshore) instead of Hillcrest. Would CP still route to Agincourt and have a local bring it down, or interchange with CN at some point, or would it just be easier to have CN pick up in TB?

4 hours ago, dowlingm said:

Hypothetical: TTC don’t drag their feet on Leslie Barns and it’s open for business before the first Flexity arrives. Decision made to use the Harbour Lead to deliver the Fs there (or at least TTC Lakeshore) instead of Hillcrest. Would CP still route to Agincourt and have a local bring it down, or interchange with CN at some point, or would it just be easier to have CN pick up in TB?

The first issue with your hypothetical is that they'd have to build a spur into the Leslie Barns - which they've shown no inclination of doing.

CP served the port lands until about 15 years ago, so if we were having this discussion that long ago - yes, they could have delivered the cars.

In terms of how things are at present day, as for CN versus CP, considering that it costs $10+K to interchange a car between railroads, they would have likely used CN all of the way from Thunder Bay.

Dan

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, Tom1122 said:

I wonder if 4445 can be repaired in Toronto or if it will have to be shipped back to Thunder Bay?

According to nextbus, car 4445 has been back in service since early this morning on 504 King, after a short, 5-day absence.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Then TTC will consider postponing the Retirements of the CLRVs and ALRVs

Yeah, that' s why there's no more than 150 streetcars in service on any given day any more ... because the TTC is simply delaying retirements ...

1 hour ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Then TTC will consider postponing the Retirements of the CLRVs and ALRVs

If it's not economical to repair the unit, it will be retired, Flexity or no Flexity. There are more retired and MIA legacy cars than Flexities in existence right now.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

The car driver should have his license automatically revoked for life. The level of stupidity displayed on their part is incredible.

While they're at it, they should force him/her to pay for all the damage they caused.

28 minutes ago, lip said:

The car driver should have his license automatically revoked for life. The level of stupidity displayed on their part is incredible.

While they're at it, they should force him/her to pay for all the damage they caused.

The King Street Pilot probably confused the driver

4 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

The yellow line is clearly painted on the road *facepalm*

Not sure if they were looking at their GPS as I don't know if their GPS is updated to show traffic restrictions

3 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Alcohol probably confused the driver!

Eh maybe mixed in the two 😃