Streetcar News

CLRV4037

2 hours ago, T15111 said:

New Car being pulled by CP 2319 3117 at Sheppard Brimley yesterday athernoon around 5pm probably 4421

There is no way to track this, is there? It would be awesome if I could make the bot track the car on its way to Toronto.

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

The GPS and batteries are not hooked up during transit, so unfortunately not.

I meant the train carrying the car, not the car itself. Of course, they only install the location reporting device once it gets here.

5 hours ago, sammi said:

There is no way to track this, is there? It would be awesome if I could make the bot track the car on its way to Toronto.

If you have the flatcar ID, you should be able to track it. Whether CP will let you create a bot to do it is another matter.

59 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

No offense to that person, I will believe it when I see it.  

You are correct as that what I have being saying for the last year regarding delivery.

Until we have full 6 months of having a car delivery every 2 weeks, then I and others can say BBD has got their act together and look forward to seeing 1 a week. Until then, its a gain of salt for talking dates.

15 minutes ago, drum118 said:

You are correct as that what I have being saying for the last year regarding delivery.

Until we have full 6 months of having a car delivery every 2 weeks, then I and others can say BBD has got their act together and look forward to seeing 1 a week. Until then, its a gain of salt for talking dates.

During the Doors Open 2014, they have been telling me confidently how they'll have 8 cars by August 31st, 2014 promised by Bombardier. 

Thought this would interest someone here. I forgot to mention at Leslie Barns. There was a whiteboard in a locked room that said

4408 has a prototype exterior lighting

4405 and 4415 has Gen 3 ramp and new door software.

Lots of rooms at Leslie Barns were empty at the moment including the CIS Transit control room. I guess eventually they'll move the CIS control room to Leslie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 900 Highway 2 said:

Is there any update on when 4421 will be put in service and or when 4422 will be delivered.

If there is no problems in testing, 4421 should hit the streets either Friday or Sat this week, based on track records so far.

Its been stated that TTC is supposed to received a car every 14 days with Wednesday been the 14 day since 4421 arrived, but no sign of 4422 in TB at this time. This still leaves BBD a few extra weeks to get the remaining 12 cars here by Dec 31 and maintain the 14 day delivery plan.

It would be nice to see a few extra cars than the plan 12 this year yet to come, but not holding my breath on any delivery date until Dec 31.

The first 3 months of 2017 will be a telling point if TTC will get all the cars 2017 as promises or not.

Yes, there were a lot of empty rooms at the Leslie Barns, but the bike room was in service with bikes on the wall.

10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Thought this would interest someone here. I forgot to mention at Leslie Barns. There was a whiteboard in a locked room that said

4408 has a prototype exterior lighting

4405 and 4415 has Gen 3 ramp and new door software.

Lots of rooms at Leslie Barns were empty at the moment including the CIS Transit control room. I guess eventually they'll move the CIS control room to Leslie.

I was told cis will be moved to downtown.

27 minutes ago, sammi said:

4421 is logged onto 306 for some reason. LOL

I've noticed that newly delivered cars will be programmed into non-existent runs while operating on the "break in" period, likely to have the ability for CIS to monitor the car for various reasons. 4419 first popped up on the tracker on May 2nd, showing up on route 506 (which obviously isn't a normal route for a Flexity car), while the first revenue service run for the car wasn't until the afternoon of May 4th.

30 minutes ago, Articulated said:

I've noticed that newly delivered cars will be programmed into non-existent runs while operating on the "break in" period, likely to have the ability for CIS to monitor the car for various reasons. 4419 first popped up on the tracker on May 2nd, showing up on route 506 (which obviously isn't a normal route for a Flexity car), while the first revenue service run for the car wasn't until the afternoon of May 4th.

So there is no real way to automatically find out when the first service run is. Welp. -_-

The driver can just punch in 306 in the TRUMP unit and it will be tracked as being a 306 car. That doesn't mean the driver put up the 306 sign. There is no way to track such thing unless you have a camera watching the street. Not even transit control knows what it's displaying without an actual conversation. All the ops on the 300 can put up NIS and still appear to be in service to CIS.

What can be done is actually track the car's gps location and log the route travelled. I know 4421 was down at LB last night as I was watched it on the tracker at 3:30am.