CLRV4037

Streetcar News

52 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Don't know ... it seems to have been going up and down College/Gerrard a lot this week. I'm not sure the point of this anymore, particularly in the evening after dark

They're using it for operator training purposes.

For a good month or more operators have to manually throw the switch southbound at Broadview and Dundas.  Is repairing the remote service often a difficult task?

37 minutes ago, soo8513 said:

For a good month or more operators have to manually throw the switch southbound at Broadview and Dundas.  Is repairing the remote service often a difficult task?

I don't think they plan to repair it. From my understanding, it was deliberately deenergized because of all of the switch incidents that have happened over it.

4413 did a number on an illegal red light turning driver at York St on QQ yesterday. The 510 & 509 where were short turning at Spadina with QQ out of service over an hour.

4413 will need some paint and body work

26713866856_59eba2113e_h.jpg

26646008552_596c55c072_h.jpg

I await (the second) 4444.

The first was never rebuilt, and I guess was scrapped in the early 1980s. I don't remember if it had the red upholstery or the light blue, in its later days.

18 hours ago, TransitfanJas0n said:

Looks like we're finally getting into the 442Xs... About time really.

Then again, we really should've been into the late 447Xs by now...

Next time, please thank LilRedDave for the info. I for one certainly appreciate the info of when they are coming.

Yes the cars are late. This has been discussed at length.  Knock off the attitude towards members who are giving us valid information. Thanks.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CLRV4037 said:

Next time, please thank LilRedDave for the info. I for one certainly appreciate the info of when they are coming.

Yes the cars are late. This has been discussed at length.  Knock off the attitude towards members who are giving us valid information. Thanks.

Very sorry, I didn't mean to give any attitude to Dave by any means. The post has been deleted :)

• Like 1

Just saw new streetcar at Kennedy and 401 going east on flatbed in the middle of the CP train. I guess to the yard then back west to Hillcrest.

At the TTS meeting today, I overheard someone mention a political cartoon where #4603 {last car in the order; assuming they don't skip 4500 and 4549} saying to #4400 "Sorry I missed your retirement party".

Does anyone have a link to it?

4420 was spotted around 1:30 PM at the Queen/King/Roncesvalles/Queensway intersection.

Looks like all 15 cars in service today on 510 are Flexities - that's the first time I've noticed that on a weekday. On the other hand, there only seems to have been 1 in service on 509 all week - when it used to be 2.  So 16 in service - which I have seen before.