Streetcar News

CLRV4037

The only NA switch at King and Spadina that actually works is west to north for the 510 short turn, and I guess there are safety concerns having drivers walk the length of Flexity in the dark to reset switches by hand.

Based on my observations, the cars that leave service in the early evening, roughly between 8 and 9 PM, do so southbound, operating as far south as King, before turning left onto King. Yes, the switch is manual, but the switch is not reset by the operator of the car that makes the turn. Instead, the operator of the next car is responsible for resetting the switch to the "straight" position.

Not sure if this was posted already.

So at least for the final trips, the Flexity fleet appear to be running to Queen & Spadina, then deadheading on Queen east to Leslie. Instead of the King/Queen routing.

There are some final trips that are supposed to end northbound at Queen & Spadina late at night, according to the schedule: http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=schedule&a=ttc&r=510

By the same token, some early morning trips start in service southbound from Queen & Spadina, so I suppose they use the west-to-south curve to enter service. Is that switch electrified?

Is it likely to ever see a Swiss-built streetcar on the Lake Shore section of 501? I get the impression that Russel has 4000-4099 and Roncesvalles has 4100-4199, and it would seem unlikely that Russel would dispatch the "507" runs.

It would be nice to see one of the original cars back on the routing that first introduced them (and CLRVs). In the past few years I think I've seen Swiss cars on through 501 runs maybe three or four times, but it's rare.

Caught 4000 from Colborne Lodge all the way to Long Branch loop last night. That's after 4189 came apart on The Queensway and we were offloaded. I think 4000 was doing the Lake Shore 501 one morning last week as well.

Is there a washroom at the Fleet St Loop?

I noticed that when the first car leaves the loop, the car behind wont move forward, causing a traffic jam for cars that need to turn around.

Do they not have jump crews for street cars?

No washrooms at fleet loop unless you run across to the condo with a cafe in it. I did notice a supervisor at fleet loop directing 509/511 and putting em right order

4416 shows on 510 - Feb 1 @ 9:58 PM - nbd at Dundas

I presume "one every four days" starting March 2016 is shot to h... Would we then expect 4417 1st week of April and perhaps maybe starting on the 511 by July and the 505 for Christmas and 4400 will be due for retirement when 4603 arrives.

Any way TTC can force Bombardier to move Mexico work to Thunder Bay?

This is an excellent example of how internet rumors start and people people believe them.

4417 was unloaded yesterday.

I don't necessarily believe that it's true, nor was I stating a fact. I just wanted to put it out there to see what others have to say about it. I think I remember reading here a little while back that 4417 was pretty much finished and that it just needed its trucks to be installed, so I kind of suspected that it would be here soon.

I'd quite like to photograph that. When they say it will be on 277 Queen, does that mean it will be parked on McCaul? Somehow I can't magine it will be blocking traffic on Queen :rolleyes:

They loop between Wolseley Loop and McCaul Loop, with 277 Queen being the pickup point. 4213 is currently the only car as 4249 is being unwrapped as we speak.

24326015793_d67493f4c9_z.jpg

ttc4213_snkrsxpress_DSC03248 by G.Viloria Photography | TTC1700s Transport Media, on Flickr