Streetcar News

CLRV4037

On 3/10/2024 at 12:10 AM, drum118 said:

4611 may entre service around March 15 once the SWIS is install

What's SWIS?

On 3/11/2024 at 12:11 PM, drum118 said:

There was no real bidding for the new fleet as it was known in early 2000's that the order was going to TB for job protection as well MPP seats. Unless another bidder had a plant setup in Canada, TB was going to get a real bid for the new cars.

Is TB the Ontario Treasury Board? If not, who/what is it?

SWIS stands for Special Work Instruction Sheet. As far as I'm aware, they are the ones who install auxiliary equipment like driver shields and security cameras.

As for TB, it's Thunder Bay.

On 3/12/2024 at 5:40 PM, drum118 said:

I use TR2 as the next generation and miss the R when I type T2 and never noticed it. 

As in the past, the T1's will be replace by the TR's that will move from Line 1 and they will be replace by the TR2's that should be 500' long 7 section trains. The talk of going to 7 section has been around a long time since they are needed on Line 1 years ago.

Depending who you talked to, some say the TR2 will go to Line 2 while other say Line 1 and it makes no different to me as to which Line will end up with the new fleet other the T1's are removed. If 7 section, needs to be Line 1.

The TR's cannot be maintained at Greenwood without rebuilding the cathouse to be able to service 6 car fixed trains. 

That's why the new cars for Line 2 are semi permanent and can be split into 2's in order to be serviced. Unless magic happens and they build a car house at Kipling.