Streetcar News

CLRV4037

On 2/7/2019 at 7:13 AM, 7969 said:

Ive seen a bus go into the loop once.  It was extremely strange but probably could work.  It seems like 501L bus ops are kind of on their own when it comes to looping.  I’ve seen buses go down Windermere and continue on lakeshore and go to Park Lawn loop and go back.  I’ve also seen them continue on the Queensway then south on Park Lawn to Long Branch or just go back via Lakeshore Blvd. 

To be clear, "501L" is the route sign for the Lake Shore section of 501. I was asking about how regular Neville-Humber shuttle buses loop at the west end.

501L bus replacements traditionally used Park Lawn and The Queensway to loop at Humber loop where the 66 and 80B stops are. This changed to Lake Shore and Windermere or Colborne Lodge when The Queensway bridge was closed for repairs, and may persist somewhat now, because Park Lawn and The Queensway can be a traffic mess.

There's no easy way to loop a westbound shuttle bus on the Neville-Humber section of 501. To use the bus facilities at Humber loop, they'd have to use the unnamed loop at Queensway and High to double back each way.

14 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

Panto overhead repairs on St. Clair over two weekends.. wonder what the issue is.

Has someone sat down to explain the difference between what a pantograph is and what overhead wire is to the person who designed the notice?  Honestly, for a place that plastered the 2017 APTA winner stuff all over the place and has a professional corporate communications department, schoolboy mistakes like this shouldn't be making it past proofreading into print.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Has someone sat down to explain the difference between what a pantograph is and what overhead wire is to the person who designed the notice?  Honestly, for a place that plastered the 2017 APTA winner stuff all over the place and has a professional corporate communications department, schoolboy mistakes like this shouldn't be making it past proofreading into print.

Apart from railfans, does this particular error matter to anyone?

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, dowlingm said:

Apart from railfans, does this particular error matter to anyone?

This one my not matter but it's indicative of sloppiness. If you let a lackidasical attitude towards public information develop, more, and more serious, mistakes will happen.  That's why I'm being as stickler for details. Mistakes need to be caught and fixed before publication, and the TTC needs a process in place to do that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

This one may not matter but it's indicative of sloppiness. If you let a lackadaisical attitude towards public information develop, more, and more serious, mistakes will happen.  That's why I'm being as stickler for details. Mistakes need to be caught and fixed before publication, and the TTC needs a process in place to do that.

This is exactly what ETS is like. I've always maintained that 'It is not an ETS publication if it doesn't have a mistake in it'. 

Myself and others (here in Edmonton) even joke tongue-in-cheek about it, referring to the ETS communications dept as the ECD (Effective Communications Department).

• Like 1

Just now, Someguy3071 said:

Ha I have one of those. Used it for a day then threw it in my garage. Luckily I got it on sale. Lol

Yeah I have a good one that I use when I drive TTC but other than that it collects dust in the back of my truck.