Streetcar News

CLRV4037

33 minutes ago, soo8513 said:

4417 was eastbound on Dundas East @ Jarvis - 2:30 PM April 4th --- many yellow-vested persons on board - did not see the destination signs

It was displaying 501A on the sammdot tracker. No idea what's been up with that car lately.

8 hours ago, MiWay1137 said:

#4418 has popped up on sammdot in Lake Huron 

Heading north up Parliament just past Gerrard now, according to the feed.

Edit - and saw it with my own eyes turning east from Broadview to Queen East around pm.

2 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4418 entered passenger service for the first time tonight around 7:30 PM on 509 Harbourfront as a change-off for a CLRV (the change-off was done in the loop at Queen's Quay and Spadina).

As the first carhouse guy to have brought 4418 to its change off location, the car was actually changed off on Fleet st. west of Bathurst. She entered service as 509, 6 run in exchange for 4026. 

Thanks for the details. I did see the car sitting for position in Queen's Quay Loop prior to the change-off after having been driven west on Queen and south on Spadina, which is why I thought the change-off took place in the loop itself, especially since it is a more convenient location than Fleet st/Fleet Loop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4418 entered passenger service for the first time tonight around 7:30 PM on 509 Harbourfront as a change-off for a CLRV (the change-off was done in the loop at Queen's Quay and Spadina).

That should be in the Bombardier Flexity Deliveries thread.  This thread is for other streetcar tidbits, not sightings.

21 hours ago, 38 Highland Creek said:

That should be in the Bombardier Flexity Deliveries thread.  This thread is for other streetcar tidbits, not sightings.

Sorry, I didn't see that topic. But to prevent confusion, I think it's better to change that thread's title to reflect that it deals with commissioning of the new cars as well, not just their delivery.

• Like 1

Today marks the first day ever with Flexities deployed on all runs on 510 Spadina during daytime operation, so the route is finally 100% converted to low-floor vehicles - more than three months after the official "paper" conversion.

16 of the 17 available new streetcars are in service concurrently today - all except 4413.

2 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Today marks the first day ever with Flexities deployed on all runs on 510 Spadina during daytime operation, so the route is finally 100% converted to low-floor vehicles - more than three months after the official "paper" conversion.

16 of the 17 available new streetcars are in service concurrently today - all except 4413.

It seems like 4413 is always the one left out of the party when everybody else is out...

44 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

It's a Saturday. It would be back to like 10 on Monday.

6 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

It's a Saturday. It would be back to like 10 on Monday.

Why do you say that? There's been 14 running the last few days. 12 on 510 and 2 on 509.

7 hours ago, TransitfanJas0n said:

It seems like 4413 is always the one left out of the party when everybody else is out...

4413 is out on 510 right now.  Looks like everything is out right now except 4416 which is parked in the carhouse.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nfitz said:

4413 is out on 510 right now.  Looks like everything is out right now except 4416 which is parked in the carhouse.

4416 was changed off with 4413 during the daytime. So 16 out of 17 in revenue service at a time. Not bad at all. Let's see if they'll be able to sustain it in the next few days. Two cars seem to be reserved for training on weekdays.

2 minutes ago, Bessarion said:

Ttc new streetcar delivery delayed again 

http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/delivery-of-new-streetcars-hits-yet-another-snag-1.2870043

I would think with the deal they got on them they will just wait it out, collect the penalties to refurb the legacy fleet as the Siemens bid was significantly more. I've seen lot's of comments to just cancel the deal but doesn't work that way and to start all over.....would be longer wait.

The TTC may have wanted to get another 60 new streetcars, on top of the current order from Bombardier. Looks like the TTC should open that order to all. If the federal and provincial government allow every streetcar company in the world to bid, that is.