Streetcar News

CLRV4037

To insulate different parts of the overhead from another. It allows the TTC to only turn off the power in parts of the overhead rather than the whole system.

Makes sense, thanks!

They loop between Wolseley Loop and McCaul Loop, with 277 Queen being the pickup point. 4213 is currently the only car as 4249 is being unwrapped as we speak.

ttc4213_snkrsxpress_DSC03248 by G.Viloria Photography | TTC1700s Transport Media, on Flickr

http://ttca.sammdot.ca/track2.html?4213 Found it here.

Also turns out 4249 was just wrapped for promotion and not reconfigured like 4213.

Ah, good point, didn't occur to me to use that one :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys!

This is an excellent example of how internet rumors start and people people believe them.

4417 was unloaded yesterday.

Can you share any info as to status of 4402?

Today is the first day that both 4402 and 4417 are showing up on this tracker:

http://ttca.sammdot.ca/ttc-track-multi.html?4400-4455

4402 in Aurora and 4417 near Lake Simcoe :P:P (obviously the GPS's on both are out of whack, but the fact that they are trackable nonetheless makes me believe that they both have been delivered to the TTC).

Curious to how each operators were choosen to drive the nike streetcar. I know one of the operators who is driving this weekend and let's say very junior.

had to say quite, the inexperienced, I was on one of them and everyone in my car experienced motion sickness when we got off

im not questioning the operator's driving, im just curious more of how they got picked to drive it, thats all

Drivers don't get picked to drive certain vehicles, rather they are assigned whatever is at the front of the service line by the allocator. It's nothing more than luck of the draw as vehicles can be anywhere in the service line at the garage/yard.

had to say quite, the inexperienced, I was on one of them and everyone in my car experienced motion sickness when we got off

I'd say thats more likely due to the lack of windows inside. Your brain is having much more difficulty processing and anticipating movement when you've got no visual frame of reference. Its like travelling in the back of a box truck.

Apparently there are ALRVs on the 509 this weekend. I saw 4216 IIRC last night at Fleet and 4214, 4224 and 4244 appear to be out today according to the Sammdot tracker. Is this going to be a regular thing, or is it just because of the NBA thing this weekend?

Apparently there are ALRVs on the 509 this weekend. I saw 4216 IIRC last night at Fleet and 4214, 4224 and 4244 appear to be out today according to the Sammdot tracker. Is this going to be a regular thing, or is it just because of the NBA thing this weekend?

Starting this period up to 6 runs on 509 are now in the 50 series intended for low floors. ALRVs will operate on 509 LFLRV runs when LFLRV are not available, which will be for a while yet. Minimum 2 LFLRV on 509.

ALRVs will operate on 509 LFLRV runs when LFLRV are not available, which will be for a while yet. Minimum 2 LFLRV on 509.

But for the time being, is that the best use for the ALRV's though?

When Spadina was still officially "high-floor" and not enough new streetcars were available to cover all of the LFLRV-designated runs, they had CLRV's assigned to those runs instead. The ALRV's only starting showing up on Spadina last month, when the route officially converted to "low-floor only". It makes sense to now run the larger ALRV's on Spadina, since every ALRV technically replaces a Flexity, and there are only a maximum of 14 runs in service, instead of 21, which used to be the case before the official "low-floor" conversion.

But why have ALRV's on Harbourfront? The only thing that changed this board period was the run number assignment. The total number of runs in service at any given time is not changing, there may be 6 LFLRV runs now, but in practice there are still 2 LFLRV's assigned to the route, so you're simply increasing capacity by replacing CLRV's with ALRV's. Meanwhile, there are now lots of CLRV's on 501 Queen running on ALRV headways, to compensate for the ALRV's displaced from 501 onto 509/510.