Streetcar News

CLRV4037

Soooo this happened today at Dundas and Victoria

Also intresting to see how they're diverting Church, College, Bay seeing as Church and Carlton the track bed (i think) is crumbling....

Yeah, the concrete in between parts of the tracks at Church/Carton has heaved since the start of the recent cold weather about a week ago. They've actually put pylons over a few of the spots. Wonder how a NB Church to WB Carlton turn would've worked going over that one.

The Dundas - Victoria intersection (eastern portion) has been an issue for the two years I've ridden the 505. Westbound most drivers stop and proceed, the others take the switch (to the right) very slowly. Eastbound all drivers appear to go very slowly. Did Token Dispenser note the direction of travel and which switch it was (Victoria proper or Victoria stub)?

Are the west to south curves from Dundas to Victoria (the ones under the CityTV building) even being used in regular service anymore? I recall that bit of track had no overhead for years.

I'm not sure about regular, but I thought they were functioning. The overheard was up, I thought last time I passed ... but I seldom walk that far north on Victoria.

Hang on ... looks like it's up in Google Streetview from ... October 2014. Hmm, October 2014 ... looks like they have new imagery - I'm not sure I'd seen anything that recent before.

Are the west to south curves from Dundas to Victoria (the ones under the CityTV building) even being used in regular service anymore? I recall that bit of track had no overhead for years.

I do recall there being overhead in that section, but streetcars never use it in the 3 years i've been in the area usually it's a short turn car coming up Victoria going west on Dundas

I do recall there being overhead in that section, but streetcars never use it in the 3 years i've been in the area usually it's a short turn car coming up Victoria going west on Dundas

I'm pretty sure the overhead was missing for a while ... so it's been restored. Probably visible on Streetview.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what the slow order around Windemere is for?

There is a track defect on the eastbound rail at the west side of the intersection where the concrete starts. As for the rest of the slow order thru to South Kingsway...no clue.

I think the south track is used sometimes, it has less rust than the north track. The north track is blocked by cars from the TV Company so i doubt its used.

Steve Munro posted the newest TTC fleet plan.

https://swanboatsteve.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/ttc-2015-fleet-plans/

Given that Bombardier's delivery schedule is still more likely to be shelved in fiction than non-fiction, I think TTC will end up refurbing more than 30 ALRVs, assuming that makes more sense than stretching the CLRV retirement date. Even assuming the figures, in 2020 Flexity demand including maintenance spares is expected to be 209 cars with 30 ALRVs on the road, which has all sorts of interesting implications for vehicle availability in the 2020-24 period and even more so beyond. The elephant in the room is the 60 car add-on order, whether that gets approved and when it might show up.

What the TTC should do is negotiate for the options deadline to be extended because they haven't even started mass production. The deadline was made when they planned that they should be in the middle of production by now.

By not writing then another cheque, the TTC can order another model from some other companies although the chances are very slim.

What the TTC should do is negotiate for the options deadline to be extended because they haven't even started mass production. The deadline was made when they planned that they should be in the middle of production by now.

By not writing then another cheque, the TTC can order another model from some other companies although the chances are very slim.

Different manufacturers, but the part suppliers could be the very same one with the problems.

Sad to say, Josh Colle seems to be an idiot. He wants to reward Bombardier for delivering the streetcars late, by not taking up the option to purchase more streetcars - so we end up paying them more rather than less.

Sooner or later we're going to have to get additional streetcars so I dont know what all the fuss is about over at City Hall. There is only 2 options here, buy now for cheaper or buy later for additional cost plus the chance for even more late deliveries.

Or they can be very stupid and give a life extension to the CLRVs which makes zero sense at all.

There is a track defect on the eastbound rail at the west side of the intersection where the concrete starts. As for the rest of the slow order thru to South Kingsway...no clue.

Hopefully it's not because of those townhouse residents complaining...because then I would be seething.