Streetcar News

CLRV4037

Guess im getting confused over this. I thought they were all sent back for modifications after the LRV from Ottawa completed its weather testing...my mistake.

It's not clear whether 4401 and 4402 will have to go back. The second module's have been redesigned to better integrate the ramp into it, and it hasn't been made clear to me yet that they can either make the necessary changes to it in Toronto or swap out one module for another.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to Brad Ross, the new cars are set to enter service August 31.

That's also dependant on more cars coming in. The two on the property right now aren't sufficient to maintain any level of service, and frankly there is still the question about whether they can be accessible with their current wheelchair modules.

Dan

Mar 17 8:30am 4401 ebd on Dundas "Not in Service" ahead of in-service 505 car 4068 from St. Patrick to Jarvis (and beyond). Was "trapped" on 4068 and couldn't get a photo. Looked real neat going through the S curve at Dundas Square. Drew quite a few stares from passers-by.

Mar 17 8:30am 4401 ebd on Dundas "Not in Service" ahead of in-service 505 car 4068 from St. Patrick to Jarvis (and beyond). Was "trapped" on 4068 and couldn't get a photo. Looked real neat going through the S curve at Dundas Square. Drew quite a few stares from passers-by.

March 17?

• 3 weeks later...

is there a 4403 yet?

It got another 22 days to get here for the April delivery as stated by TTC last 2 months. It is only about 6 months late now under the original schedule.

Will 4404 and 4405 be showing up this month also, since we are to get 3 cars per months now? Then where is 4400 that was due back in September??

According to StreetcarTO:

I was expecting this, as it will show what TTC has used since it started. I was planning on going down this year to the parade already just for a daylight shot of the new car since I only have nighttime shots of it now.

Should be CLRV, Witt, PCC & the new car

Spotted 4401 on St Clair near Yonge again. I also saw it there on March 24.

Spotted one of the new streetcars, I'm assuming it was 4401, pulling into St Clair Station today just after 2pm. First time seeing one in person, unfortunately I didn't have time to stop and take a better look/grab a photo.