Société de transport de Laval

SMS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a good customer service story from the STL:

Back in the fall, I sent the STL a message asking for a new 2018 system map.  They told me that they did not have any in stock yet but the map was available online.  Oh well, no big deal, I thought, and I planned to contact them again in the spring.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I checked my e-mail and saw that the the STL had sent me a follow-up e-mail telling me that printed maps were now available and asking if I was still interested!  Of course, I told them, and I gave them my address, so now I'll be waiting patiently by my mailbox for my new map to arrive. ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, UpDownAcross38 said:

Hi all! Gotta question for ya'll.

I might be making a visit to Quebec this summer. Where are the best spots to bus fan?

Specifically in Laval?  Métro Montmorency and métro Cartier, for sure. 

On 3/31/2019 at 12:47 PM, UpDownAcross38 said:

Hi all! Gotta question for ya'll.

I might be making a visit to Quebec this summer. Where are the best spots to bus fan?

3 hours ago, begratto said:

Specifically in Laval?  Métro Montmorency and métro Cartier, for sure. 

Are the rent-a-cops security guards still as anal concerned about photographers as they've been in the past?  I've been told off by them had a few chats with them in the past and now only take photos from public streets when I'm in Laval.

Best bet is to not shoot within terminals to avoid harassment. Don't say that we did not warn you. Other decent places for STL shots include but are not limited to Terminus Le Carrefour, Métro Côte-Vertu, Métro Henri-Bourassa, and if you aren't picky, even Métro Radisson can nail you variety if anything else (many more transporters there).

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly this bus never sees the light of day anymore. The STL does not even want to pull it out when a group of transit fans visit. Last time we tried was when the MNYBA group were invited to the facility in 2016.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

I was told by a Youtuber that a mechanic told him that it's been retired.

We've been down this road about this before... It is not retired until we get official conformation from a valid source. A Youtuber who heard it from a mechanic is not a valid source.

The bus is still tracking on Transsee, so it is not officially retired until the GPS systems and Farebox is removed!!

10 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

We've been down this road about this before... It is not retired until we get official conformation from a valid source. A Youtuber who heard it from a mechanic is not a valid source.

The bus is still tracking on Transsee, so it is not officially retired until the GPS systems and Farebox is removed!!

STL 9708 is retired?

Yes sadly the driver told me that when I asked him about 9708

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...