Société de transport de Laval

SMS

oh and smartphone apps are applications for blackberry's and iphones etc...

I know there's no way that you know this, but he knows what an app is, he uses an iPhone. What he meant by the "?" was whether the STL would offer such apps next week.

Starting on January 9th 2010, The return on line 73 on Ste-Rose in Fabreville will mark the end of taxibus T-15. But From now the 73 will not go south of Dagenais inside Fabreville because it will end with a small loop Marian, Fridolin, Dagenais and Montrougeau.

• 2 weeks later...
The STL will announce the launch "STL Synchro" on December 8th following a Press Conference at STL HQ on Francis-Hughes.

http://www.cnw.ca/en/releases/archive/Dece...9/03/c7843.html

STL Synchro is:

- GPS Tracking of buses

- Real-Time Information at Major Bus Stops

- Smartphone Apps (?)

Alex

This project cost 5 300 000 $ CDN which include the GPS, the 80 messages boards and also all the computer system to manage the system.

Right now, there's only one area (besides the bus garage) where the displays are in proper use, and that's at Centre Laval on Le Corbusier. The STL wants to get passengers' reactions first. The rest are either not operating or just flashing that STL synchro is coming soon, which means end of January.

One interesting place for the GPS seen w/ Rob G: SB stop of the 37 at the STL garage. Come on! That's not a frequent route and the drivers can just figure it out inside the garage.

Another strange place for a message board is on Cartier corner of Clermont. I am bazzled cause it seems that it makes more sense to put one on the other side of highway 15 where two big building of Institute National Recherche Biochimie. Another option would have been at the corner of Dussault and Cartier where the 24 and 63 join together for the first time. Because they are split stop at Giroux corner.

Another strange place for a message board is on Cartier corner of Clermont. I am bazzled cause it seems that it makes more sense to put one on the other side of highway 15 where two big building of Institute National Recherche Biochimie. Another option would have been at the corner of Dussault and Cartier where the 24 and 63 join together for the first time. Because they are split stop at Giroux corner.

The msg boards were placed at the 80 busiest stops on the island, but who knows? More may be put up in the near future.

Is there any way to access the STL's schedules in PDF or in table form. Their current interface sucks!

I don't think anyone answered this:

http://www.stl.laval.qc.ca/lang/en/schedul...dvanced-search/

For the tables, click Select a bus route to find out the complete schedule

You'll see the entire schedule for the bus and direction. Click on Complete Schedule for the PDF.

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

The STL ended its trial run of STL SYNCHRO. As of today, it's in full swing! Their home page has a couple of videos that you can see. Also, they have a feature where you can look up a particular route and stop and see the precise location of the bus at that moment. Select a route and stop, click GO. Then scroll down and click on CARTE SYNCHRO and VOILA!!! Awesome stuff, huh?

The STM needs to learn from the STL in these techs.

Do you think The STL buses will also have a PA system?

''Prochaine Station: De-La-Corbusier'' lol awesome

The Laval Childeren's Choir will be announcing the stops!

I was on a business assignment in Laval (in the Vicinity of Samson Blvd). I saw a few STL Syncro signs, none of the were displaying real-time information. Only the current date and time...

Alex

My brother told me two or three days ago that it was gonna be fully operational. Well, maybe some are still not working. One that I saw working recently was at eastbound Notre-Dame at 75th ave.