Burk's Falls and Huntsville

Mike

I have a couple of questions regarding Burk's Falls and Huntsville.

1. Does anyone have any details on Campbell Bus Lines 7702 that operated (or maybe still operates) in Huntsville? I got a few pictures of it from July 2007.

2. Is there any transit service in Burk's Falls? I have a picture of a cutaway accessible bus that is lettered "Villlage of Burk's Falls". I couldn't find anything on the village website, maybe they just a have a paratransit service? I have a picture of that bus from July 2007 as well.

No, there is no transit service in Burk's Falls. My family's cottage is a short-medium drive from there so I've been there many times.

I have a couple of questions regarding Burk's Falls and Huntsville.

2. Is there any transit service in Burk's Falls? I have a picture of a cutaway accessible bus that is lettered "Villlage of Burk's Falls". I couldn't find anything on the village website, maybe they just a have a paratransit service? I have a picture of that bus from July 2007 as well.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
 from the Burk's Falls village FB page: The Village of Burk's Falls

Like This Page · February 8 · 

The Burk's Falls Community Bus offers weekly service to various businesses within Burk's Falls for a nominal fee, (depending on pick up location). 
Regular trips within Burk's Falls occur every Wednesday, and the first Friday of every month the bus makes a trip to Huntsville.

This community bus is here for residents of Burk's Falls and the surrounding area. Safe, reliable transportation which services our community and beyond. 

Please contact the Village office for further details. 705-382-3138

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Chris W said:

Did they get any new equipment?

The Burksfalls one I dont think so. It hasnt been around in a few months. The huntsville one I do think so.

Getting new information is a little difficult since Campbells doesnt really like to share.

56 minutes ago, Articulated said:

The 2017 Street Side Guide lists three units for Huntsville Transit: 609 (a 2009 unit), 1811 (a 2011 unit), and 4615 (a 2015 unit). Maybe the newest unit, 4615, is the one with the destination sign.

I can confirm that is the one. The two buses ive seen in service are 4615 and 1811. Havent seen 609 around in quite some time. It may be parked at the Campbells yard as a spare.

As a side note, I have heard quite a few people complaining that the buses are overcrowded and too small for the amount of riders. Not sure if anything will develope because of it however.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update. 

Noticed that in addition to the two buses run by the town and the Deerhurst bus, there is now two cutaways run by Chartwells doing routes around town. 

Also im not exactly sure on the best way to get pictures of the buses in service, if there is anyone who would like them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to get some photos of 4615 and 1811 last week. Bus 1811 seems to be the normal bus for the paratransit route and has had a few wheelchair logos added to it.

Bus 4615 has next stop announcements along with exterior route announcements (note the speaker by the front door).

Bus 609 is the backup bus for either of the 2 buses but has had the Huntsville Transit name taken off it. 

Huntsville Transit 609 - 10AUG17.jpg

Huntsville Transit 1811 - 10AUG17.jpg

Huntsville Transit 4615 - 10AUG17.jpg

Huntsville Transit 4615 -- 10AUG17.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I was able to get some photos of 4615 and 1811 last week. Bus 1811 seems to be the normal bus for the paratransit route and has had a few wheelchair logos added to it.

Bus 4615 has next stop announcements along with exterior route announcements (note the speaker by the front door).

Bus 609 is the backup bus for either of the 2 buses but has had the Huntsville Transit name taken off it. 

Huntsville Transit 609 - 10AUG17.jpg

Huntsville Transit 1811 - 10AUG17.jpg

Huntsville Transit 4615 - 10AUG17.jpg

Huntsville Transit 4615 -- 10AUG17.jpg

Wondered what that speaker was for. Nice pics!

• 3 months later...

Report due out soon outlining if the town transit will be expanding to serve neighboring communities:

https://doppleronline.ca/huntsville/town-considering-transit-service-to-novar-port-sydney-and-hidden-valley/

This flew under the radar and was brought up again only recently now that a report is due out. Interesting to see what they decide.

EDIT: Burksfalls Community bus will also be looking into the purchase of new equipment and expanding its operations:

https://www.northbaynipissing.com/news-story/7929041-burk-s-falls-bus-vital-to-the-community-and-its-residents/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The current route wouldn't support a 35 or 40ft. A 30 would work. If they split the current route into two separate ones covering both halves of the town however, one could fit a 40ft no problem. The problem is the Hospital Bus stop requires the bus to either backup or fit through a parking barrier to continue its route.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...