STM 29-001 to 29-148 Sightings

stm_5307N

Apparently 29-080 is sitting in back of Saint Laurent garage! Can anyone confirm this?

I wish Dave would post here more often but if I remember our last telephone chat he said that 29-080 was on the 106 today! He'll confirm (eventually)

From the other board:

29-076 on the 37 on tuesday and it was on the 61 yesteday!

29-080 came back from St Laurent garage tuesday afternoon, which would make Dave's sighting of it that day on the 106 the first in service action that bus saw.

29-081 is now at LA garage as well. Still unclear on if it's ready for service or not..

Nice sighting hurdmanhugz. What did you think of our 3rd gens?

I would also like to note that I saw 29-078 as well in service, and this is my first sighting of a 3rd gen Montreal LFS.

STM_29078_062509_01.jpg

It was signed up as 24 Sherbrooke when I saw it.

As stated above, Hurdmanhugz saw it as well as mtltransitguy.

And we saw 29-035 wit the >> livery. After 9pm, too dark though to get a good shot...

Apparently 29-061 also has the chevron arrows too. This does not look like a photoshop to me, but you be the judge.

Well, the chevrons look real but the Mouvement Collectif | STM on top looks fake, including the ad.

Well, the chevrons look real but the Mouvement Collectif | STM on top looks fake, including the ad.

We have to go out and find this bus now and see what is looks like in person. I agree that the new livery looks real, but something was added, since it's too clear and visible, but it could just be because it was newly added.

We have to go out and find this bus now and see what is looks like in person. I agree that the new livery looks real, but something was added, since it's too clear and visible, but it could just be because it was newly added.

No need. 29-061 was on the 161 today, and it has NOTHING.

Had you gone out on searched for it, you'd have gone on a wild goose chase.

I saw 29-061 too today and as Matt said, it doesn't have the chevrons.

--------

29-032 with chevrons on the 165 today

I saw 29-061 too today and as Matt said, it doesn't have the chevrons.

Now that was just a plain waste of resources to photoshop a bus image, when they could have easily gone out to St-Denis and photographed a "real" bus with a new livery.

Update on the 29s that were sent to LaSalle:

29-068 was on the 535 today during PM rush. LaSalle bus my ass!

In other news, 29-035 with >> was on the 161 in the morning, and the 535 during PM rush.

Could have been an extra, but I doubt it.

29-078 on the 420. Saw it later in the day deadheading near Bonaventure metro.

Ditto that sighting, this was the first time that I have seen any 3rd gen in person, and I am very impressed.

Now I must just ride one, to formulate a complete opinion.

I would also like to note that I saw 29-078 as well in service, and this is my first sighting of a 3rd gen Montreal LFS.

STM_29078_062509_01.jpg

It was signed up as 24 Sherbrooke when I saw it.

As stated above, Hurdmanhugz saw it as well as mtltransitguy.

And we saw 29-035 wit the >> livery. After 9pm, too dark though to get a good shot...

If we had lenses with lower apertures this would not have been such a problem. :P

Apparently 29-061 also has the chevron arrows too. This does not look like a photoshop to me, but you be the judge.

PHOTOSHOP! Right of the bad it's pretty easy to tell, for me at least. The chevrons don't look that way on the bus in real life, there is way too much contour shadow going on there.

Plus the shot as it is, being a panning shot, and the fact that no buses actually have that Mouvement Collectif sticker on the top (although I wish they did), led me to believe almost instantly that this image was indeed photoshopped.

Now that was just a plain waste of resources to photoshop a bus image, when they could have easily gone out to St-Denis and photographed a "real" bus with a new livery.

Not really, since what I think happened, was that they grabbed any old 29 and went on a photo shoot with it, and then took that image to their 'lightroom' and tweaked it there.

Much easier for them, rather than having to specifically having to use one of the very few 29's that are actually chevron equipped.

I wouldn't be too suprised if the current buses that are decked out in the Mouvement Collectif livery reamain the only ones to sport this scheme for some time now.

It's almost as if the STM just cranked a few out to show off the new colours and that's it.

Although I do hope this isn't the case, ad I have already witnessed the white space on a 29 being used 'properly', and by that I mean someone using the blank area as a canvas, and adding their own personal touches with a Sharpie. At least it's just a sharpie....for now.

29-099 and 29-111 at Novabus this morning! There were a few more STM units, but I couldn't see the numbers.

WOW!!! :P This is going to turn out like the 28's isn't it!

These extra buses above the 15 MUST BE to replace the 3rd gens! If this is the case, I approve. If it's to replace Classics, then shame on the STM for retiring units that in perfect running order just so they can speed up the needless modernization of their fleet.