STM 29-001 to 29-148 Sightings

stm_5307N

29-082 113 1617

29-085 109 1619

29-086 HS 2000 about

29-109 112 Many times. I was trying to get on that damn bus but it just wouldnt co-oporate. Missed it every time..

Driver said he saw 29-112 and 29-107 on the 110 some time around 2000 aswell.

That's not right because two Toronto bus fans and I were on a new 29 the day before the ill fated RTC charters and the driver said the buses were not air conditioned.

My bad, guess it's just a case of my wishful thinking.

The units on top of the 3rd gens lack extra fans and aren't as big as STO's units which are AC.

They shouldn't trick us like that.

WRONG! See SMS's post.

----

In real news, there was a 3rd gen with chevrons on the 66 during PM rush.

You call that real news? What unit was it?

Here's a real sighting:

29-086 on the 66SB during AM rush on Thursday July 23rd. Courtesy of a family member.

Edit:

Just because the STO's have extra fans means nothing, Carrier sells a large assortment or A/C units for transitbuses, and after a 2nd look at their site, , there is not mention of anything other than Air Conditioning products anywhere on Carrier's Transicold site! I have sent them an e-mail to confirm or dispel this myth. Drivers not used to having A/C on their bus are not reliable sources.

The plot thickens.

Edit:

Just because the STO's have extra fans means nothing, Carrier sells a large assortment or A/C units for transitbuses, and after a 2nd look at their site, , there is not mention of anything other than Air Conditioning products anywhere on Carrier's Transicold site! I have sent them an e-mail to confirm or dispel this myth. Drivers not used to having A/C on their bus are not reliable sources.

The plot thickens.

The full HVAC always have longer unit because of the condensation coil needs to build up the coolness and the fans that draws the air outside.

The LFS camed with a mini Carrier HVAC on 1997-2002, the heater rooftop only camed from Sutrak, then MMC, now Carrier.

29-073 106 1700 It went out of service soon after, though we were waiting for it..

29-076 105W 1906

made tons of odd noises at the back

29-077 90W 1906

both one next to the other. no chevrons

Matt and i rode 29-076. We tag-teamed the sightings.

The plot thickens.

Alright Jeff, this is for you so read carefully.. I was at Lasalle garage today for a visit and I spoke with a mechanic about the whole A/C Transicold stickers on the roof top unit of the new STM 29's. He said the buses are delivered with A/C from Novabus, BUT the STM removed the A/C once the buses arrive at the garage! The parts that run the air-conditioning are taken out becuase it costs too much $$ for the STM to keep them in and maintain on buses. So it all comes down to the dollars. This is why the Transicold stickers are present on the 29's. This debate about A/C is now officially closed.

Another piece of interesting info I found out is that the STM did not paint any of the 29's in that new livery. It's all one big blue front vinyl wrap. That's right, you can peel it off! The STM did this and will continue to do this, as it is cheaper than painting the buses as they previously did for all buses pre-29 series.

At Lasalle garage for new 29's ready for service:

29-106

29-107

Inside Lasalle garage just delivered from Novabus not plated yet and don't even have GFI boxes yet are:

29-091

29-101

29-105

29-108

29-110

29-111

29-114

All other 29's not mentioned yet from this list or from are sighting's have not been delivered yet. The STM is only adding the movement collectif chevrons to buses build after the campaign started! This means all 29's without the movement collectif chevrons will not be getting any chevrons in the future! The reason 29-031 to 035 were selected was becuase when the campaign started, they needed to put the movement collectif logo on some buses for promotional reasons. The 3rd gens that are here already without the chevrons will not get them, neither will the rest of the SD 2nd gen 29's. Also what sucks is that the STM will remove the chevrons on all buses once the movement collectif campaign in over! But don't worry, I was told this campaign will last a long time, so get pics of buses with chevrons!

My friend on Somerled has seen 29-093 with chevrons in NDG or LaSalle territory so be on the lookout for this.

Impossible after the info I got today. 29-093 has yet to be delivered from Novabus. It's not on the roster and not yet at Lasalle garage even.

Alright Jeff, this is for you so read carefully.. I was at Lasalle garage today for a visit and I spoke with a mechanic about the whole A/C Transicold stickers on the roof top unit of the new STM 29's. He said the buses are delivered with A/C from Novabus, BUT the STM removed the A/C once the buses arrive at the garage! The parts that run the air-conditioning are taken out becuase it costs too much $$ for the STM to keep them in and maintain on buses. So it all comes down to the dollars. This is why the Transicold stickers are present on the 29's. This debate about A/C is now officially closed.

Another piece of interesting info I found out is that the STM did not paint any of the 29's in that new livery. It's all one big blue front vinyl wrap. That's right, you can peel it off! The STM did this and will continue to do this, as it is cheaper than painting the buses as they previously did for all buses pre-29 series.

At Lasalle garage for new 29's ready for service:

29-106

29-107

Inside Lasalle garage just delivered from Novabus not plated yet and don't even have GFI boxes yet are:

29-091

29-101

29-105

29-108

29-110

29-111

29-114

All other 29's not mentioned yet from this list or from are sighting's have not been delivered yet. The STM is only adding the movement collectif chevrons to buses build after the campaign started! This means all 29's without the movement collectif chevrons will not be getting any chevrons in the future! The reason 29-031 to 035 were selected was becuase when the campaign started, they needed to put the movement collectif logo on some buses for promotional reasons. The 3rd gens that are here already without the chevrons will not get them, neither will the rest of the SD 2nd gen 29's. Also what sucks is that the STM will remove the chevrons on all buses once the movement collectif campaign in over! But don't worry, I was told this campaign will last a long time, so get pics of buses with chevrons!

Thank you very much for asking about it, and finally getting us some real answers. I hope mechanics eventually remove the carrier stickers. I still find it ridiculous that we have A/C units on our buses that have been disabled. When will the STM learn that passenger deserve climate control!? If they want to compete with the automobile, this isn't the way to go! BEING CHEAP NEVER PAYS.

Yup. I guess no one ever posted about it, but I know both me and Mystic came to this conclusion very early on in the game, it's obvious when you take a close look around the front door light.

AFAIK, the LFS have always had decals!?

Nice sightings from inside the garage!

Now that, is just ridiculous! Why would they want to remove something that looks so great on the bus, and in place have a blank canvas awaiting taggers? We needed a new livery, fine. We got one, and it was pure trash since it was 75%+ white. They add two multicolored >>, still pretty white, but it looks great, and very urban, going along with the new image the STM is trying is trying to create for themselves. Now they want to remove this and leave most of the bus white again? What's wrong with these guys!?!

White buses, removing A/C, 30 minute service...you call this a public transportations system!?!

It's surprising we even have a metro in this city at times....and we can't even do that properly!

You can't really paint an LFS easily considering that is is made of Fiberglass and plastic. All of STO's are done up with the vinyl. IIRC Translink attempted to paint their LFSs but decided to go with the vinyl as the paint wasn't working too well.

You can't really paint an LFS easily considering that is is made of Fiberglass and plastic. All of STO's are done up with the vinyl. IIRC Translink attempted to paint their LFSs but decided to go with the vinyl as the paint wasn't working too well.

Actually you can.. All the STM LFS's prior to the 29 series have their blue stripe painted onto the bus. It's not a decal or vinyl..

From the M de M: 29-104 is at St Laurent garage.. Probably was delievered from Nova to St Laurent and will be transfered over shortly to Lasalle.

Now that, is just ridiculous! Why would they want to remove something that looks so great on the bus, and in place have a blank canvas awaiting taggers? We needed a new livery, fine. We got one, and it was pure trash since it was 75%+ white. They add two multicolored >>, still pretty white, but it looks great, and very urban, going along with the new image the STM is trying is trying to create for themselves. Now they want to remove this and leave most of the bus white again? What's wrong with these guys!?!

The STM is aiming for the cheap as they're in a deficit financially. I was told that they don't care at all about how much of the bus is white, as long as it runs. There's a problem even with that.. they don't even run that great!! They're expecting over 300 3rd gens by the end of the year! The new buses will be rolling in big time in the next few months.

Actually you can.. All the STM LFS's prior to the 29 series have their blue stripe painted onto the bus. It's not a decal or vinyl..

I know that you can paint an LFS as I have seen STMs LFSs prior to the 29s. I was just stating that it is easier to use vinyl.

Paint + Fiberglass = disaster waiting to happen.

The STO barely has what we could call a livery, might have something to do with it.

From the M de M: 29-104 is at St Laurent garage.. Probably was delievered from Nova to St Laurent and will be transfered over shortly to Lasalle.

The STM is aiming for the cheap as they're in a deficit financially. I was told that they don't care at all about how much of the bus is white, as long as it runs. There's a problem even with that.. they don't even run that great!! They're expecting over 300 3rd gens by the end of the year! The new buses will be rolling in big time in the next few months.

Once again, until now I have been told it was a vinyl decal.

Transit in Montreal is a lost cause...fits well with the rest of the city IMHO.

I know that you can paint an LFS as I have seen STMs LFSs prior to the 29s. I was just stating that it is easier to use vinyl.

I feel sorry for all the painters that will loose their jobs, the STM used to have dozens and there is now less than 12!

Hah i love that. They're in a deficit, but continue retiring the buses that cost the least to use, and buying new ones. I dont know about you guys, but if i was runnin a transit company that was in the red, i'd buy second hand... GM. Built like damn tanks. Imagine buying a used early to late 80s GM, knowing full well there are mid 70s ones still around? They have 5-10 years in them for sure, maybe more if well taken care of, and for way cheaper then an LFS. I'd say 1k LFS is more then enough for accessibility needs anyway....

Anyway, point is classics/newlooks are cheaper and easyer, and hold more people.. why would we continue on with the lowfloors? Meh.. They're just obsessed with being "modern"...

Hah i love that. They're in a deficit, but continue retiring the buses that cost the least to use, and buying new ones. I dont know about you guys, but if i was runnin a transit company that was in the red, i'd buy second hand... GM. Built like damn tanks. Imagine buying a used early to late 80s GM, knowing full well there are mid 70s ones still around? They have 5-10 years in them for sure, maybe more if well taken care of, and for way cheaper then an LFS. I'd say 1k LFS is more then enough for accessibility needs anyway....

Anyway, point is classics/newlooks are cheaper and easyer, and hold more people.. why would we continue on with the lowfloors? Meh.. They're just obsessed with being "modern"...

100% agree with the above post!

Take a look at STO :P

And also ST-Levis!

Although I don't think they purchase as many if any used buses like STO does.

Levis hates LF buses!

Hmmmm, it's too bad this is a small HVAC unit, which will give a slight "cool" interior due to less BTU. But, STM had to keep the cost down as their traditional way.

Here's the small rooftop HVAC, similar to this: http://www.transportaircon.carrier.com/Fil...1_Spec_Page.pdf

I wonder if they will order like this from now on or something else but I don't see it as they don't use MCC anymore. But, whatever they did and removing the a/c parts from the roof, it saves the weight.

Levis hates LF buses!

Levis don't hate LF buses, prior to 2007, they were virtually "NO" money avaliable for buying new buses. Levis has now 12 LFS (a 1/5 of their fleet) and there is an order for 13 more this year. Sadly, this will put in grave danger many of their remaning GM Classic

LONG LIVE 8413R !