CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! Please report any issues here.

kellergraham

exo / Réseau de transport métropolitain (formerly AMT)

Another day, another delay... from today's Montreal Gazette:

You should say Another day, many other delays...!

I took the St.Jerome at 4:50 at LuLa this afternoon. The loco went down halfway before Vendome. After a 20 minute stop, they were able to run it at 5 mph to Vendome where we all had to detrain. We had to cross to the other track to wait for the 5:30, together with all those waiting for the Candiac and the Rigaud. At about 5:30, they made us change track again, because they were able to restart the empty train (probably to send it to Sortin). When we boarded the 5:30 finally, no need to say that it was packed to the rim. Imagine what it looked like after the people from Parc and Concorde embarked.

And they say that we don't deserve the rebate for the March pass!

is the AMT really getting that bad? what is their on time performance?

On time performance in January ranged from 79% to 97%

People never congratulate when the trains are on time.

Alex

Alex

Oh thats not a bad on time performance at all, and yes thats with everything in life people only remember the bad not the good

Oh thats not a on time performance at all, and yes thats with everything in life people only remember the bad not the good

What is YOUR source for this? I remember seeing these numbers in the newspaper. On time performance was 79% for the Dorion line. The highest was 97% and I think it was the St-Hilaire but don't quote me on that

All the other lines were between 79% and 97%

In other news,

Here's the bus stop flags that are setup at Cote-Vertu for the Du Ruisseau, Sunnybrooke and Roxboro shuttles

3278202967_e8a401cda4_m.jpg

The Du Ruisseau flag is on Decarie north near the Pharmaprix (south of the 128N flag).

The Sunnybrooke and Roxboro flags are on Gohier south (where existing

STL buses layover)

AMT Shuttle Bus Stop Flag by kellergraham.

Following the 20% capacity reduction on the Montreal / Deux-Montagnes line (8 cars instead of 10) the AMT has introduced shuttle buses to bring users from Roxboro, Sunnybrooke and Du Ruisseau (pictured) to Cote-Vertu Metro station

Another express service exists from Deux-Montagnes to Montmorency Metro Station.

Service starts Monday January 16th and runs rush hours only in the direction of rush hour.

Thanks for that TIP Alex! Unfortunately there is a storm expected for Weds (10 cm) so we'll have to try our luck on other days... I'll try to see that flag at Cote-Vertu in a bit as I'm about to hop on the 215.

What is YOUR source for this? I remember seeing these numbers in the newspaper. On time performance was 79% for the Dorion line. The highest was 97% and I think it was the St-Hilaire but don't quote me on that

Those numbers are just about right... I read that article that mentioned the numbers in La Presse on thrusday IIRC..

Alex

I expect trains to be on time, nothing to congratulate.

I don't congratulate the cashier for giving me the correct change.

And those numbers could also be skewed, coming from the AMT, I trust nothing.

In other news,

Here's the bus stop flags that are setup at Cote-Vertu for the Du Ruisseau, Sunnybrooke and Roxboro shuttles

3278202967_e8a401cda4_m.jpg

The Du Ruisseau flag is on Decarie north near the Pharmaprix (south of the 128N flag).

The Sunnybrooke and Roxboro flags are on Gohier south (where existing

STL buses layover)

sorry i forgot the word not bad in there lol opps

CJAD report more delays this morning for the 8am departure on the Rig line... Passengers have call in the radio station to report the delays and the AMT is saying everthing is fine! WTF!? The AMT are a bunch of liars if you ask me.. There all fine sitting in their office saying BS 90% of the time, while the people who ride the trains and are currently on them are reporting BS? Ya right I don't think so.. I'll take the passengers words over the AMT crap...

AMT's special train-bus service is provided by... Transdev Limocar and Bell Horizon!!!

Photo:

3284298269_132133ec58_m.jpg

Notice the orange Navette Cote-Vertu sign.

Also:

The flag at Du Ruisseau station is in the Park-N-Ride itself and the stations seem to have an "Avis" with a detailed schedule... More to come.

Well the usual BS with regard to photography and AMT happened today at Cote-Vertu! Or should I say, more of the same!

I'll start with the bad news first because I'd rather end on a good note! Alex joined me by fluke chance and we started to take pics of the first Du Ruisseau bound bus which happened to be a Transdev Limocar vehicle. We took them from Terminus Cote-Vertu i.e. across the street. Naturally the two AMT rent a cops took instant interest of us, with the Haitian addressing us in French "with me replying "What" the way our buddy Steve would... ehlala... anyway he just said cross the street and we said yes sir and left. That was the easy part. Then I approach the driver of this bus and ask to take pics, he asks why, bottom line he says no. To boot he gets off the bus as we leave towards the intersection, demands for identification (seeing as how I had an RTL cap on), demands Alex's as well, and demands me to erase all images. Like hell I was gonna do that so I tell him that he can't threaten me, nothing in the charter of Quebec or Canada says this is legal, and I could just as easily ask for his info. Anyway he left but he made it perfectly clear that photos were forbidden. I couldn't believe this nonsense; I should have given this guy the Hitler salute! Anyway I'm over it but I just don't know what that guy's problem was. Alex thought it could have to do with the whole AMT Express 10 saga and my hat (the bus had an ad for Mtl-Sherbrooke service which leads me to believe that the bus was from St-Philippe). Well I'm retiring my hat and going TTC.

So unless you really like motorcoaches, don't bother with photographing these buses! I don't think the harassment is worth it in this case! If you can try to get pics of these buses in action and not when anyone can come out and yell at you for nothing!

However when I was taking pictures of the Roxboro-Pierrefonds buses (which the first two were from Bell-Horizon), NONE of the drivers had a problem and welcomed it! Explain that to me!

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had information on what equipment currently usually services which depatures on the Dorion/Rigaud line. (fictitious example: AMT 400 with 6 700 series coaches on train 54 from Vaudreuil)

Thanks in advance!

---------------

Also: Regarding the new D-M line bus shuttle service:

I really hope this is a permanent measure which becomes so popular, the AMT will have no choice but to add more buses!

But I'm assuming you don't need to present the driver a valid pass to board, correct? The reason for my uncertainty is summed up by this quote from this page.

Ce service est gratuit pour les usagers des trains de banlieue.

Thank you,

Chris

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had information on what equipment currently usually services which depatures on the Dorion/Rigaud line. (fictitious example: AMT 400 with 6 700 series coaches on train 54 from Vaudreuil)

Thanks in advance!

They tend to change their equipment rotation frequently so there's not really a "usual" set that's on a specific departure. The only exception I could see is the Rigaud train is ALWAYS an F59PHI and 700 series coaches. I've never observed it differently.

Also: Regarding the new D-M line bus shuttle service:

I really hope this is a permanent measure which becomes so popular, the AMT will have no choice but to add more buses!

But I'm assuming you don't need to present the driver a valid pass to board, correct? The reason for my uncertainty is summed up by this quote from this page.

Thank you,

Chris

That's what I think is going to happen. There's still going to be massive overcrowding 10-car trains return to service. Might not happen in June because of the students leaving but by September we'll be back to square one. Hopefully they'll keep this.

It says the service is free for train users. So they have to prove that your a train users. This is where it becomes interesting. Do they have OPUS readers? If they don't, obviously a CAM user with an OPUS card can en up in Deux-Montagnes! I'll be trying the service tomorrow in AM rush and I'll have a report.

Hello,

Regarding the 50% discount for March passes,

I read in the Gazette that the AMT has decided to not only hand out coupons on Wednesday but Thursday and Friday as well. Can anyone confirm this information from a credible source? The AMT's website does not mention this news.

Thank you

The temporary AMT shuttles were in full force today at Metro Cote-Vertu during PM rush. I was suprised to see coaches doing them, the majority of them from Transdev Limocar. One of them must have been a CIT Rousillion runner at one point, as it had its display erroneously set to 100 Express. There were several other coaches laying over in the Place Vertu parking lot, waiting to enter service on the shuttle routes. Looks like the STM won't be be providing buses for the shuttle after all.

Hello,

Regarding the 50% discount for March passes,

I read in the Gazette that the AMT has decided to not only hand out coupons on Wednesday but Thursday and Friday as well. Can anyone confirm this information from a credible source? The AMT's website does not mention this news.

Thank you

The Gazette had Exclusive information at the time of publishing. it was made "Public" today in the form of an "Avis"

http://www.amt.qc.ca/comm/affiche_avisaux.asp?no=698

Expect the website to be updated..... "soon"

One of them must have been a CIT Rousillion runner at one point, as it had its display erroneously set to 100 Express.

:D I'm gonna have to hunt that one down :(

Do you remember if was in Roussillon Livery?

There were several other coaches laying over in the Place Vertu parking lot, waiting to enter service on the shuttle routes. Looks like the STM won't be be providing buses for the shuttle after all.

I'll try to fan there on Thursday :)

Alex (the CIT nut)

Alex:

All of the coaches I saw were either in Transdev Limocar livery or Bell Horizon livery.

-Mark.

Ace Reporter, CPTDB Quebec :( .

I see no one has sympathy for my little story yesterday :(

Well all I have to say is don't let this crap happen to you. And also don't yield an inch. If they give attitude, you give it right back.

The only possible reason I can see for a driver having a problem with you taking pictures, is if he was actually captured in one of the shots...otherwise this is rediculous. This is a public bus service, provided by the government, and prohibiting photography makes it seem as though they have something to hide. I plan on testing out the PM service on the shuttles on Thursday or Friday, and will bring my camera along...we'll see what happens.

In regards to the 50% discount, the AMT is really over-complicating things. I can understand how they came up with the plan that they did. The best way to ensure that only users of a specific train line get the discount, is to actually hand out the coupons on the platform. Problem is, the lines getting the discounts (DM and Rig.) count for the vast majority of train users, and anyways, there have also been significant delays on St-J line, and even MSH. Do those riders not count? It seems like it would be much simpler to either offer a cash refund for everyone who bought a February TRAIN or TRAM pass, or simply sell the March passes at half price!

The hilarious thing is that you can almost never see the driver because of the glare. Next time I'll either laugh in the drivers face or call 911.

As well, I believe that it would be more equitable for all lines to receive the discounts, although admittedly the DM line was pretty badly affected, no matter what anyone from any other line will tell you.

The hilarious thing is that you can almost never see the driver because of the glare. Next time I'll either laugh in the drivers face or call 911.

I just picked up 2 of these coupons! Basically they're giving them to anyone who asks. It was very easy to get more than one.

I'm on the Du Ruisseau shuttle right now. 879-05-3 is the number and I think it's the same driver that harrassed us on Monday. I'm the only one on board and the destination sign says 100 Express! There was a guy in an MTQ jacket who got the joke when I said "We're going to Delson.

I was at Roxboro-Pierrefonds and I got the compensatory ticket for my archives. I also boarded a Bell-Horizon Prevost coach to Cote-Vertu. The trip is done via Gouin, A13 via Pitfield, Transcanada service road, and Cote-Vertu. There was only one other guy besides the driver on the second to last departure of the morning (8:40 am). I spoke to the driver and he said that on average there are 5-20 people per trip per bus. The buses are stored and maintained somewhere in Longueuil and drivers have to do a 35 min deadhead just to get to Montreal from the South Shore. I was happy with the level of service. Ironically, with all these buses, trains seem to be running quite nicely and the shuttle bus service seems to be quite the luxury. Too bad they weren't around when they were sorely needed back in the January cold.

Alex and I also went to the AMT HQ for a conference on commuter trains. We learned what plans the AMT has for the future and essentially the prov govt is to blame for the lack of funds. I was finally able to pick up a 2007 Annual Report as well as other publications that I needed. For me today was a big success! But the media will report otherwise; CBC and CTV had nothing good to say on the evening news.