kellergraham

exo / Réseau de transport métropolitain (formerly AMT)

1 hour ago, eclair14 said:

The restriction on the Candiac line is if there is very strong wind (85 km/h or + IIRC) they cannot use bi-level railcars on the bridge over the St-Lawrence

Correct. It was started after a 2006 incident in which a boxcar blown off the bridge dangled there for about 3 weeks. Double-stacks are also barred from the bridge in 85 km/h+ winds.

The final consist to operate the whole legth of the Deux Montagnes line is as follows. The same train did the last departure from Deux Montagnes (#954) and the last departure from Gare Centrale (#955).

DM 446/439/428/421/487/408/433/440/427/434 GC

Only MR-90s will operate the shuttle trains, the ALP45DP and Double Decker Consist was brought to Pointe St Charles yesterday according to the staff on board.

• Like 4

It was with some emotion and a lot of nostalgia that I took some pictures of the very last train to pass under the tunnel yesterday. It's unfortunate that I couldn't be onboard given the circumstances, but I have many good memories of this train.

The Deux-Montagnes line is the reason why I am so interested in public transport today. When I was a kid, we used to take the train to the book fair every year, and I often spent the trip in the front cabin with the engineer. The train is now part of my daily life, since two years, and this electrified line always fascinates me.

Goodbye Deux-Montagnes line ♥️

IMG_20200508_192920-min.thumb.jpg.01a89d7278511f3bb3b7bb450d5ac72c.jpg20200508_192934-min.thumb.jpg.0026453061833132393e357b6c324adc.jpg

• Like 2

Des Sources/Riverdale?

6 minutes ago, SMS said:

Des Sources/Riverdale?

Yes!

I noticed that exo is operating F59PHs on the Mascouche Line instead of the ALP-45DPs. However the ALP-45DPs have remained on the Saint-Hilaire line. 

Is it more fuel efficient for them to operate F59PHs on the 2-hour long journey from Gare Centrale to Mascouche? I am not certain of what other reasons could have motivated the switch. 

Also the Pointe-St-Charles facility now seems to be a daytime layover spot for some trainsets.

IMG_20200602_173548.jpg

IMG_20200602_180556.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chris_the_traveller said:

Is it more fuel efficient for them to operate F59PHs on the 2-hour long journey from Gare Centrale to Mascouche? I am not certain of what other reasons could have motivated the switch. 

Rumors says that ALP-45DP are not allowed in Tashreau yard, which the Mascouche line now uses.

8 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

Rumors says that ALP-45DP are not allowed in Tashreau yard, which the Mascouche line now uses.

ALP-45DP are heavier when compared to F59PH, maybe the tracks are not solid enough? It reminds me of the derailment at Gare Centrale a few weeks after their introduction.

--

On another note, exo has released three illustrations of their new CRRC bilevel cars. No delivery date so far. https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/grand-montreal/202006/03/01-5276283-des-trains-a-moitie-pleins-pour-la-rentree-prevoit-exo.php.

• Like 2

I can confirm at the request of CN that exo had to remove the ALP-45DPs in order to use Taschreau as a by-pass. The locomotives were too heavy for the tracks. The tracks on the Deux-Montagnes line and the Mont-St-Hilaire line are ok the handle the extra weight.

• Thanks 1

ARTM will increase fares on October 1st 2011, average increase will be around 2% except for single ride fare that remains the same (STM, STL, RTL)

However the most interesting news (for transit fans) is the creation of two new unlimited short term fares that will cover all buses + metro + trains in the metropolitain area (except SJSR)

- Soirée illimitée will be sold for 5.50$ and will be valid from 6pm to 5am the next day (must be activated first before midnight)

- Week-end illimtée will be sold for 14.25$ and will be good from 4pm on Friday to 5am on Monday.

Honestly, those fares are very cheap and that bears an interesting question, STM loves (really) to charge 10$ for the 747 express bus, will a cheaper 5.50$ will be valid on that service !

On 7/30/2020 at 3:08 PM, eclair14 said:

ARTM will increase fares on October 1st 2011, average increase will be around 2% except for single ride fare that remains the same (STM, STL, RTL)

However the most interesting news (for transit fans) is the creation of two new unlimited short term fares that will cover all buses + metro + trains in the metropolitain area (except SJSR)

- Soirée illimitée will be sold for 5.50$ and will be valid from 6pm to 5am the next day (must be activated first before midnight)

- Week-end illimtée will be sold for 14.25$ and will be good from 4pm on Friday to 5am on Monday.

Honestly, those fares are very cheap and that bears an interesting question, STM loves (really) to charge 10$ for the 747 express bus, will a cheaper 5.50$ will be valid on that service !

@eclair14 Have we gone back in time LOL?