kellergraham

exo / Réseau de transport métropolitain (formerly AMT)

I also notice that bikes are allowed on all trains except some DM peak departures. That is great.

It's been 20 years now, and I'm still waiting for the AMT to make "Intégration tarifaire" to happen.  Well it didn't.

Hey EXO and every political party. Give us a really good deal on transit!

An EXO unlimited zone daypass would fix this problem.  $12 gets you every train, REM, bus and metro for a day.  $40 for a week. $120 for a month. Drop the price and reduce the number of fare zones.  Plant a massive warehouse-size EXO daycare at every train station to rake in the money and pay for the trains.

Why $12 (or less) ? Because the Google Traffic Map is all RED now.

Keep bickering and everything will go to "Dark Red".

Montreal Metropolitan area is going to break 4.5 million in about 4 years, and the ARTM better find a simple way to put every man, woman and child on a bus, train and metro.

Enough with the make-them-pay mentality and politics of fare zones.  It may be less fair in the strictest sense, but more fair to your children if they can breathe better and have means to get around faster.

According to the MTQ (or as you call it the ministere des autoroutes), commuter rail is nothing more than a mitigation or attenuation measure to solve congestion woes. No more.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:34 PM, Jack 47 said:

Hey EXO and every political party. Give us a really good deal on transit!

An EXO unlimited zone daypass would fix this problem.  $12 gets you every train, REM, bus and metro for a day.  $40 for a week. $120 for a month. Drop the price and reduce the number of fare zones.  Plant a massive warehouse-size EXO daycare at every train station to rake in the money and pay for the trains.

[...]

Montreal Metropolitan area is going to break 4.5 million in about 4 years, and the ARTM better find a simple way to put every man, woman and child on a bus, train and metro.

exo does not have tariffing powers, but is rather a transit operator. ARTM does not have the mandate to promote the use of transit, but rather to plan and fund it. The ARTM has 5 elected officials out of 15 members on its board, in order to de-politicize planning, funding and tariffing of transit. Its first fare grid is yet to come.

Hopefully, the actual electoral campaign will not change the transit governance for a gazillionth time in two decades and politics will stay out of transit for some time.

Write them directly instead of whining on this board. 

Edited by A. Wong
Removed bad references

I took the train today on the exo 6 - Deux-Montagnes line. My departures were 936 and 941. Both departures were on the MultiLevel trains.

We came in at Gare Centrale 5 min late and at Roxboro-Pierrefonds 3 min late. The "single person" doors are a real problem for this line. It takes a lot more times to load and unload passengers and the new schedule (last june) does not seem to have taken into consideration these issues.

Also, between Bois-Franc and Autoroute 13, there is a spot were the MR-90 lose electricity and runs on batteries (due to differents power plants). I didn't see any power loss in the MultiLevel, does the train have really big batteries or it switch in diesel mode for this portion?

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, FelixINX said:

I took the train today on the exo 6 - Deux-Montagnes line. My departures were 936 and 941. Both departures were on the MultiLevel trains.

We came in at Gare Centrale 5 min late and at Roxboro-Pierrefonds 3 min late. The "single person" doors are a real problem for this line. It takes a lot more times to load and unload passengers and the new schedule (last june) does not seem to have taken into consideration these issues.

Also, between Bois-Franc and Autoroute 13, there is a spot were the MR-90 lose electricity and runs on batteries (due to differents power plants). I didn't see any power loss in the MultiLevel, does the train have really big batteries or it switch in diesel mode for this portion?

That's a "section break" in the catenary, separating the system into 2 sections. Trains have to coast through that so as not to bridge it and power a section that's being worked on.

• Thanks 1

Today I had quite a surprise. This morning around 6:30 am, 3490_25_4 came to Longueuil probably as a spare on the 350. Last time I saw an Orion V for Sainte-Julie was around September 2016. It left Terminus Longueuil at 6:39 am on its last run for the morning. If you guys live near Longueuil you might want to go to the Terminus this afternoon, in case it runs again !  image.thumb.png.f23509f592ba0f0e252ab17791917aac.png

• Like 1

This afternoon, five trains from the exo6 - Deux-Montagnes line were canceled during rush hour.

A teenager was hit by a train at the Bois-Franc station. At the last news, he is in a critical state. I hope he'll be fine.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, FelixINX said:

This afternoon, five trains from the exo6 - Deux-Montagnes line were canceled during rush hour.

A teenager was hit by a train at the Bois-Franc station. At the last news, he is in a critical state. I hope he'll be fine.

Unfortunately that teenager deceased. My thoughts are with his family/friends. Press release:

https://rtm.quebec/Contents/Item/Display/32742282

• Sad 3

This thursday, exo team was on every platform of the exo 6 Deux-Montagnes line with a quick survey to fill in the train. It did includes questions like from where you take the train to where, your ticket (TRAM, TRAIN, monthly, 6 pass), what transit you take before and after the train, when you take the train... Also, I saw "would you take an express bus from your train station to a subway station?"... interresting... I hope to see some buses to downtown not Côte-Vertu.

Also, here is how the new solo card will lopk like 🙂

Exo-Carte_Solo.jpg

• Thanks 1

exo will be removing on october 1 some of the platform links on the exo6 - Deux-Montagnes line.

• Du Ruisseau: west platform link
  • Bois-Franc: east platform link
  • Roxboro-Pierrefonds: east platform link

There will still be one at each of the previous stations.

Also, a new car has been painted in exo liveries, this time in salmon. It's on the exo3 - Mont-Saint-Hiliaire line. See In Transit #11 by theNOVABUSfan.

7 minutes ago, trainsubwaybus said:

Its been a while that there is two repainted exo car. Look at my Instagram profile (trainsubwaybus) and I've been shooting it in July. 

I think that this one is the third one (two on exo1 and one on exo3).

As a daily commuter on the exo6-Deux Montagnes line I have seen in the last couple's weeks three people team (one engineer and two conductors) wich leads me to think that there are in training.

Today on my two trips, different engineers and conductors. I never saw them before and they both seems new (not sure about the stations, forgot to say next station...).

Does anyone have any information on these recent changes?

With the major closure announced at Turcot during the November 9 to 13 period, there is gonna be some service adjustment, mostly on two days

Valid Friday 9th and Monday 12th only

- A FREE Rail shuttle will operate between Lucien L'Allier and Dorval station with only one intermediate stop at Vendôme, 14 trips (7 per direction) will operate.

- FREE service on exo1 (Vaudreuil) and exo4 (Candiac)

-  200 parking space at Jardins Dorval

- Free shuttle between Châteauguay terminal and Ste-Catherine train station

- exo Sud-Ouest downtown route 28 and HSTL route 1 trips will end at Angrignon , free transfer to STM Metro from there.

If you are travelling on Saturday or Sunday ... no freebies or extra service for You !